The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Not very magical, still... :: ...iPhone 3G S (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Anyone planning on upgrading to the new iPhone 3G S? I'm wondering if any developers will take advantage of the compass and faster processor speed to deliver richer cellular gaming on the handset.

What are your favorite iPhone "illusions"?

Best,
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
I just bought an iphone 3g two weeks ago. My local store is going to upgrade me for a 10% restocking fee! Woot!
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
JTW, congrats! Apple's usually pretty good about upgrading for recent purchasers. Even so, I usually recommend to anyone buying Apple hardware that they should search the internet for the terms "Apple", "Keynote" and the year, just to see if anything is about to be released.

Quote:
On 2009-06-11 09:44, Doug Lippert wrote:
Anyone planning on upgrading to the new iPhone 3G S? I'm wondering if any developers will take advantage of the compass and faster processor speed to deliver richer cellular gaming on the handset.

What are your favorite iPhone "illusions"?

Best,

Funny you should ask about favorite iPhone illusions. Here are my favorites. (I started writing that blog post days ago, but the timing now makes it seem like I did so just in response to your question.)

I'll guess I'll keep an eye on this post, and add favorites I missed to that list.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I only upgraded to 3G about 5 months ago. I think I'll skip this one.
hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
388 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
Can an iPhone 3G user upgrade to the 3G S and still keep their old iPhone? Or does this mean everybody has to go out and buy a new iPhone if they want the 3G S software?
ThomasJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1002 Posts

Profile of ThomasJ
Word on the street is that they're retailing for around $100.
M. Perk
View Profile
Loyal user
Hilton Head Island
292 Posts

Profile of M. Perk
Great phone. Lousy service provider (AT&T)
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2009-06-12 10:42, M. Perk wrote:

What's lousy about the service?
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
It appears that most of the hottest features will come with the 3.0 software upgrade for the 3G anyway.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare-iphones/

The other features are nice, but I'm not sure they're worth upgrading for. I'd expect a fully pimped iPhone in another 12-18 months. Probably worth waiting for that, particularly if your current one is only 12 months old. Do you get locked into contracts in the US like we do here in Oz?

Cheers,

Chris
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-06-13 00:04, Guerrilla Magic wrote:
Do you get locked into contracts in the US like we do here in Oz?

Yes, if you want the discount on the phone. Usually it's a 2 year contract.
Douglas Lippert
Eddie Torres
View Profile
Special user
New York City
692 Posts

Profile of Eddie Torres
I'll be switching from the hell that is Sprint for this new phone. I've done my research and am only worried about the actual phone service, as AT&T doesn't have the best reputation for that.
Eddie Ivan Torres
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16557 Posts

Profile of tommy
I don't like mobile phones I have not had one for about ten years or more.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3353 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
At&t is #1 in the US and 3rd worldwide. They have the largest voice and data network in the US as well as more subscribers than anyone else in the states. There reputation has long ago been repaired. Oh, and it works fine in Hilton Head too.
SnakeBabe
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
90 Posts

Profile of SnakeBabe
Quote:
On 2009-06-12 10:42, M. Perk wrote:

A lot of the reception problem has to do with the quality of the phone being used. My iPhone works great in many areas compared to my friends phone who also has AT&T, but it's a cheaper phone.
Hugs and Hissessss,
Maria
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
My 3G works perfectly, and there is no reason to upgrade to the 3GS. However, my friend who has a 1st gen is upgrading.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I don't think I'll be getting this. I've already lost three relatively cheap phones, I'm certainly not trusting myself with something expensive!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
matt-g
View Profile
New user
Essex. England
79 Posts

Profile of matt-g
In the UK the last upgrade was free as long as you took out another 18 month contract, however to get this latest upgrade they want you to pay up the remainder of your contract and a charge for the phone as well.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
AT&T caved toassuve pressure. If you can upgrade in the next several months you can get it today foer the cheap price. Google it for more info. Finally AT&T listens to customers......, You don't think iPhones are that cool untill you get one.. But they are the hottest thing since sliced bread.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Now it's called the iPhone 3GS.
Douglas Lippert
poofersmagic
View Profile
Regular user
philadelphia
134 Posts

Profile of poofersmagic
Quote:
On 2009-06-19 10:08, kcg5 wrote:
AT&T caved toassuve pressure. If you can upgrade in the next several months you can get it today foer the cheap price. Google it for more info. Finally AT&T listens to customers......, You don't think iPhones are that cool untill you get one.. But they are the hottest thing since sliced bread.

Do you have to have an Iphone already? I don't, and don't want to pay $299.00 to do so in order to keep my numbers. I am eligible for early upgrade in July, and regular upgrade in 6 months. I was told that I am not eligible due to the restrictions. So for me to get an Iphone, it's either wait 6 months in order to keep my number and cheap price, or change the number.(don't want to)

Kelly
Kelly Peron
Magician and Magical Partner
http://www.kyleandkellymagic.com