The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Not very magical, still... :: Are You a Dumb American? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Noobini
Quote:
On 2009-05-25 18:54, Jonathan Townsend wrote:

Where did Betsy Ross get the cloth for her flag prototypes?

That sounds like a great premise for a magic performance script! Some amusing historical yarn leading up to something in silk.
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
"You, my friend, have a lot to learn." (S. Youell)
"Nonsensical Raving of a lunatic mind..." (Larry)
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
I don't mean to derail the thread with a debate, but do we not mean "ignorant" rather than dumb, and "educated" rather than smart?

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Quote:
On 2009-05-25 13:32, The Amazing Noobini wrote:
I think that here in Europe most people would define a dumb American as one who only knows things about his/her own country and nothing whatsoever of the rest of the world. Kind of amusing to me that a quiz with that title only have the same old questions about the constitution and independence. But of course I realize that it's only meant as fun.

But seriously, if you learn all of this in school and have it around you all the time in your culture, how can you get this wrong? Even I got 7 and I live on the other side of the planet. I knew 2 of my answers had to be wrong (so I guesses), but I don't know what my third mistake was. Perhaps I need to buy that John Adams DVD series after all.

10/10 for me...
So...Show me a test on Norway! England! France! Europe in general!
I'd love to see how well I would do. I think I know more than a lot of my countrymen (As I can actually find Norway on a map unlike most...)
Sounds like fun!
G
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
10/10 for me.

Cardamagically,

Dom Smile Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
I live in America, the greatest country, which includes a big state in the north called Canadia and one in the south called Mexicanland. Canadia is full of Commie draft-dodgers, and Mexicanland is where we get our gardeners and maids.

There's another big country somewhere called Europia, and one called Chineseland. There are some other little countries somewhere else, including a weird one called OZ that is really part of Europia, somehow.

Oh, and there's a place that's all desert where the people are brown and wear towels on their heads. They hate our freedoms and want to kill us, so we want them all dead. I think it's called Iranaqistan.

But America rules!!! All the other countries are lame!!! Woo-Hoo!! :sixguns;
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
I almost peed myself at that last post!
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
I'm a smart American (10 of 10).
That and $5.50 will get me a grande mocha at Starbucks.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Did you guess in the imigration form? I had no clue which form that could be.
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Quote:
On 2009-05-26 08:18, mandarin wrote:
I don't mean to derail the thread with a debate, but do we not mean "ignorant" rather than dumb, and "educated" rather than smart?

Jim

No, we mean DUMB and SMART; we're MURIKINS!
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Tommy, that one is for you:

http://www.arnoldmcdonald.org/en/code/index.php?p=6290000

So far, the best score is 52.94%. I'm very disappointed Smile. I'm working on the "dumb cardsharp quizz", I hope it will be online in one day or two.

Enjoy!
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
^ I blew that out of the water....
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16557 Posts

Profile of tommy
Not all Americans are dumb just the White Man.

Where Did The White Man Go Wrong

TOUGH TO ARGUE WITH THIS ONE:

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official, 'You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done.'

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued, 'Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?'

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied. 'When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex.'

Then the chief leaned back and smiled. 'Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that!

:)
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Found this;

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25461301/?GT1=43001

at least this one tells me what my score was and what questions I got wrong!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Xaethia
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
124 Posts

Profile of Xaethia
Quote:
On 2009-05-25 13:32, The Amazing Noobini wrote:
I think that here in Europe most people would define a dumb American as one who only knows things about his/her own country and nothing whatsoever of the rest of the world. Kind of amusing to me that a quiz with that title only have the same old questions about the constitution and independence. But of course I realize that it's only meant as fun.

But seriously, if you learn all of this in school and have it around you all the time in your culture, how can you get this wrong? Even I got 7 and I live on the other side of the planet. I knew 2 of my answers had to be wrong (so I guesses), but I don't know what my third mistake was. Perhaps I need to buy that John Adams DVD series after all.

True true
"Technique beats skill. Psychology beats technique. Philosophy beats all. Think about it." CrdShk