The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: So Happy together... :: Awesome Mindvention (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
CSMTREE
View Profile
Veteran user
El Paso, Texas
318 Posts

Profile of CSMTREE
I just wanted to start a post to publically thank Robert, Danny, and crew for another great Mindvention; best ever! And also to allow other attendees to do the same. The talent was incredible and the entire event was a total success. I'm very much looking forward to next year!!!!

Thanks again and great job!
"Freedom is the best Magic of all"
NM
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of NM
I agree with CSMTREE. Danny and Robert work very hard to make Mindvention happen. I have been to all of them and Mindvention just gets better and better each year. Danny and Robert, I appreciate you both!
The Jack
View Profile
V.I.P.
228 Posts

Profile of The Jack
I Agree!!! Thanks for everithing and thanks to all the friends that were so kind with me those days!!!
pete
View Profile
Loyal user
Finland
207 Posts

Profile of pete
I found the land and I´m at home in Finland Smile

Thank you everyone. Great convention. I´ll see again next October, right?

Pete
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4203 Posts

Profile of JanForster
... and don't forget your tea bags ... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
It was nice to finally met you Jan.
pete
View Profile
Loyal user
Finland
207 Posts

Profile of pete
Thanx Jan. I think that was a compliment? Smile

Pete
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4203 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Devin, indeed it was time! And Pete, yes. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
It was a great convention. I had a great time, met some heroes and got a chance to buy some nice work. The lecturers were high quality and gave everyone the real goods...Devin teaching most of his current on-the-market items. Alain Nu's slick work (and brilliant impromptu book test)were stellar, Cassidy came off more likable than ever (so he must be in a good place) and Maven is always impressive to watch. His brain must hold a terabite of moves and slights. Awe-ing and still cordial.

The attendees shows were great, most interesting and fun.

It would be interesting if posters would list the thing (s) they came away with from the convention.

Mine would be: Define your character and define your abilities. Don't let over-procedured effects slam the audience into mind-numbing boredom or confusin.
And sometimes your personality carries the effect, and sometimes get out of the way and just do the trick, let IT be the magic.

All in all, a good, solid enjoyable pleasant learning experience. HI to all the new folks I got to meet. It was a joy.

I'm somehow getting the inkling that electronic mentalism is a wave of the future...or is it a wave of the now?

The hotel was great, the Tower rooms are very nice, the Buffet apparently changed their ways and offered less a range of choices, but much better recipes and quality...the $20 all-day buffet ticket saved loot and let you rest between shows. And of course, their Oyster Bar is always worth the Twenty.

Can't wait til next year. Sign me up.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1177 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
What a fantastic time!

I met so many great people...

I'm still star struck...imagine hanging out in a bar and banachek pulls up a stool beside you and joins your conversation..then cassidy pulls up and "admires" how cute the waitress is...and later that night talking to a group of guys in the same bar till 2:30 AM with max maven leading the conversation...amazing...

playing black jack with christopher taylor and matthew johnson was great...the look on the dealers face when we told him we were there for a "mind reading" convention was priceless! (BTW, be on the lookout for matthew johnson's ACAAN... he fried a few of us with it...)

just meeting so many great people was worth the trip...anything I learned about mentalism/performing was secondary.

the best thing I came away with was the importance of define who you are, and how you want your audience to perceive you and what you are doing.

can't wait till next year.

:D

paul carnazzo
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Here is our final installment of Scott Wells report ing on Day 3 of Mindvention 2009 Enjoy!
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
It was great meeting all of you guys! (And now we all know why Maurice Rooklyn was famous.)
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
It was a pleasure meeting you as well Bob and so many others. Best Mindvention to date.

Max
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
I agree with all the other comments. Great meeting new friends and seeing older friends... See you guys & gals here in Las Vegas next year... Now back to the bar this weekend to see that waitress (Erica) again... lol

Those MV attendees can always email me in advance when coming to Las Vegas... I keep a loose schedule...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
Great seeing you all.

14 was a very good number. very very good number.

Lior
The Lior Touch
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
hbwolkov
View Profile
Inner circle
2947 Posts

Profile of hbwolkov
I was not able to make it to the convention this time. Hope to see you all in the future.
Northern California
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Quote:
On 2009-11-13 15:54, Lior wrote:
Great seeing you all.

14 was a very good number. very very good number.

Lior

14, 11, 5
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Scott,
I just wanted to publicly express my appreciation for all of the hard work that went into delivering these interviews. You have certainly raised the bar for convention coverage of this kind. They were fantastic and I look forward to what you'll send us in the future from other gatherings.

You rock!

Dodd out!
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Lior,

Always great to see you. I hope you had a safe trip home. Smile

Max
Gino M.
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Gino M.
Thanks for all the great comments... we appreciate your support...

performing this weekend, but as of Monday I will start working on next year's event... your input is welcome and I just emailed a letter to all of this year's attendees asking for comments and suggestions to make the 2010 MINDvention the very best it can be...

Peace,
Danny Archer