The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: So Happy together... :: My Abbotts get together stage act (want to join me?) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I'm working out a stage act that I plan to compete with at this years Abbott's get together. I obviously won't describe the act I'm going to do here because some of you may see it.

For those of you who will be there. The act I'm working out will require me to find magicians at the convention to join me on stage for my show. Actually, they don't really have to be magicians. Some parts will require me to find people with some magic knowledge but they don't have to be advanced magicians or anything. I can take anyone and explain their part to them an hour or so before the show and they'd be able to do it.

Basically need people to play the part of the stage setting. Kind of like background people. I'll be interacting with some of them but the rest will just be people who happen to be there. Kind of like people playing audience members on stage.

Like I said. I'll be asking people to join me while I'm there but I figured if I can find some magicians that'll be there in advance and would like to join me in this I could tell them their parts before hand.

So if you'll be at this years Abbott's magic get together in August and would like to play a part in this act let me know. I'm pretty sure you'll find your parts fun to do too. I'm not jumping the gun here and saying that this will definitely win but I've never seen an act quite like this one. I hope it works out how I envision it.

The contest is during the day. If I happen to win (knock on wood) we'd have to do it again in the night show. I might also perform this at Michigan Magic day. It's a smaller convention so I might use that as a sort of practice performance.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I got a couple of replies so far. Thanks and I hope to see you there. I think you'll find this will be a fun act to play a part in.

I want to make sure I explain that I'm not looking for people to do my act for me. I need people to play parts as part of the stage setting. The act will tell a story that I think will be humorous to an audience of mostly magicians at a magic gathering. The portion of the act that I need people to be a part of is mainly the intro to the act and the ending of the act. The middle of the act will be all me.

Anyway. Thanks again for those who offered so far. I'll get the script to you so you'll know what part to play (or can choose your own). I've got plenty of time considering the parts can be learned in a matter of minutes.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
I'll be there but too busy to help you Jaxon.David Walker and myself are going to do a lecture on pitching at FAM magic shop that week.We also plan to set up the pitch joint somewere outside for the entire week,and I'm bring a surprise to set up outside.

Abbotts isn't announcing yet what the line up is going to be,does anybody know?
If you do,please post it here.

If anybody here plans to go this year,please look me up to say hello,I would love to meet some of you.

Later,Don
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Well if you get to see it I hope you like it. And I'm sure I'll see you there.

I'll tell a little more about the kinds of things the parts will include. Picture a group of magicians on stage as if they are street performers. Each magician is performing for a small group. For example one magician is performing the linking rings for a couple (man and woman). Another magician is doing rope tricks for a small family (maybe a father, son and a couple of kids). So the parts I need played are magicians performing for people on stage who are playing the part of a magician. This is part of the stage setting for the beginning and opening of my act. It just sets the scene for the rest of the show.

As you can see, these parts will be very easy to play because the audience isn't actually watching the effects they are doing. This is only a small part of the show of course.

Thanks again.

Ron Jaxon