The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: So Happy together... :: Magi-Whirl 2008 - Washington DC (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
magicjy
View Profile
New user
Big Stone Gap, VA
61 Posts

Profile of magicjy
Mike,

I would love to get together when I am in Northern Virginia near Fredericksburg. Right now I do not know when I will be in that part except driving by in November. I will be sure to call you when I am so we can get together.

Not sure about attending Magic-Whirl 2008 yet. I would LOVE to make it. ICE is a "cool" friend.

I talked to another magician friend of mine from TN about riding up to DC for the March 28 - 29 weekend. However, March is a insane busy month for me with Upward shows. Still booking them left and right. Actually, last year I was on tour in Va. Beach, Richmond, Ruther Glen, & Poquoson during March. I should know around Jan if I will be able to come. Keep the Magic Going!

Joseph Young
---
MAGIC is believing in yourself.
If you can do that, you can make anything happen. - Foka Gomez

Joseph Young
WWW.JOSEPHYOUNGMAGIC.COM
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
Ticket salse are open on the web. paid ring 50 members who buy their tickets in advance at the ring meeting get an extra discount also new this year are group tickets for the gala show. get them before we sell out.
Mike
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Mike,

The new Gala Show is at another location too. Right?

Save me a spot in 2009. I want to be there again!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
housermagic
View Profile
New user
In the mountains
71 Posts

Profile of housermagic
I wish the wife and I could make this one. Unfortunately, there's only so much vacation time, and we are already booked. Maybe in 2009 it will work out.
Bill
Smile
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Bill we will miss you this is going to be a banner year!. Have fun in bristol
Mike

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 9:52pm
The event will still be at Bishop Ireton High school> The Gala show is In the auditorium.
Mike
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
How many magi attend this?
koz
MrBob102
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
125 Posts

Profile of MrBob102
Last year there were over a hundred attending the convention. With establishment and use of the same location and the very sucessful convention last year we expect to see a larger turn out for 2008. The Gala Show on Saturday night had well over 400 people attending the show. Visit our website for more details: http://www.Magi-Whirl.Org

Come to IBM Ring 50’s Magi-Whirl 2008, and hang out with other magicians and people devoted to magic. You may learn new tricks, ideas, presentations, and of course see some great performances. You won’t want to miss these great lecturers: Kenrick ‘ICE’ McDonald, Aldo Colombini & Rachel, and Eric Jones. A Question and Answer Session with Richard Kaufman, editor of Genii Magazine, and close-up magic with Wild Man Bob Little, Richard Kaufman, and Brian Morton.

We have ten dealers scheduled for the dealer room. You can see and talk to professional magicians and look at new magic items for sale. On Friday night, March 28, there will be a dealer’s show with the dealers demonstrating the latest magical items, silks, accessories, and supplies. The dealers are: Wild Colombini Magic – Aldo Colombini, Sorcery with Class – Scott Correll, Guaranteed Magic – Bob Little, E-mmaculate Deceptions - Eric Jones, Magic Goods – Pravin Ponnuri, Hughes Magic – Richard Hughes, Fred’s Books – Fred Mitchell, Magic Enhancer – Robert Haas, and more.

The Saturday night Gala Evening Show includes: The Magic of Kenrick ‘ICE’ McDonald, Aldo Colombini, Swami Yomahmi, and DC Magician of the Year Noland Montgomery, with Magical Master of Ceremonies – Rich Bloch.

Come and join the fun and meet new magical friends.
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
I will be dealing there. Hopefully not drugs- so buy my stuff! Lol. Just kidding. Can't wait to see everyone there and network a little.

Robert Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Hey kobi can you do custom scripts?
Mike
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Mike,

I sure can. I do lots of custom voice-overs and introductions. If you'd like to e-mail me at MagicEnhancer@aol.com we can chat offline about doing yours. I can do any type of voice-over work (even celebrity impressions, etc)

RObert Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Great Lewis- meyer is useing your stuff and loves it I cant wait to get started on Mine. I will be chatting off line with you after the holidays.

every one It is time to sign up for your volunteer slots for magi-whirl. We will Not be comping Volunteers this year without specific board approval. we have an extensive list of volunteers needed. email me or bob off line to help out

New this year is On site food. we will have snacks coffe doughnuts sodas and we will be taking orders for Lunch subs for the attendees. This are ordered and Paid the day of so you cannot preorder. (Subway) we will have food tucked in the back for our vendors this year as well. That way you guys don't have to drive all over DC to find food. ( we love you Richard!)This will help yjhe vendors have as much time at their tables as we can get them.

reservations for the hotel are open and get your tickets now. The gala show tickets are still a Bargain at $10 so get them while you can.

Mike
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Get your tickets soon as the price is about to go up.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7672 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I've got to call you Michael and talk. And I have to get the reservations for the hotel yet. Maybe I should just buy a GPS system to get to the school?

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
This is a good one that is certainly worth attending.

Yep! Please do get Richard a GPS! He knows where he's going but his truck gets lost!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Either that or we could do a pillar of smoke by day and a pillar of fire by night! say the picts in the linking ring that project turned out great.
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Hey Richard do you have any Idea what your itenry is going to be I want to try and spend some quality time with you while you are visiting.
Mike
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7672 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I haven't even gotten around to making the hotel reservations yet. I do plan to spend either day before or after the convention with my friend Bill King.

I'll try to give call next week.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

I"m looking forward to it. I will have a dealer table there. I"m hoping to get Magic Enhancer Volume 2 done by then. We shall see....

Robert Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

I Just Got The Email that Kozmo magic will be joining us as a dealer. we are looking forward to meeting Koz and haveing some fun in the dealer room. the line up of dealers will provide excellent variety of matrials for everyone. tickets sales are now open on the website so get your registrations before the price goes up. hotel specials will be closing soon as well.
Mike
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Quote:
On 2008-01-22 23:30, Michael Taggert wrote:
I Just Got The Email that Kozmo magic will be joining us as a dealer. we are looking forward to meeting Koz and haveing some fun in the dealer room.

SWEET!!!!!!

I'm looking forward to meeting him as well!!!!
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com