The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Penguin Lecture Recoveries (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
vilewarner
View Profile
New user
Massachusetts
86 Posts

Profile of vilewarner
It's always helpful to see how a performer deals with a mishap, unexpected event or problem on the fly. There have been several lectures I've purchased with examples, thought I'd share and see what others are out there.

-Jan Forster Live Act (I didn't even notice something was amiss during the first viewing)
-Robert Temple lecture
-Max Maven Lecture (book test)
-Max Maven Live Act
-Phill Smith lecture
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4204 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Yes, that’s life … Smile … and as the show itself is really live and recorded only once you have to proceed … and you get additional and good stuff to talk about for the following explanation or lecture part… Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
vilewarner
View Profile
New user
Massachusetts
86 Posts

Profile of vilewarner
Thank you Jan, agree completely- I got a lot out of the Live Act(and both lectures too).

-Jon
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3632 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Richard Osterlind and Bob Cassidy Live. Bob Cassidy thought on his feet and nobody knew there was a mishap until he explained it after the effect. He fixed it as he went. Great example of what to do. Richard Osterlind not so much, he made a mistake, so he stopped and and started the effect over. Example of what not to do.
vilewarner
View Profile
New user
Massachusetts
86 Posts

Profile of vilewarner
Yes forgot about that, that was a great lecture. Another one that comes to mind is Joshua Quinn's during a book test.
Ever Elizalde
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Ever Elizalde
As much as I love Max Maven I feel he was unprepared in both of his Penguin live events. He is a master no doubt about it maybe that's why he felt no need to prepare, same thing with Bob Cassidy (both solo and the one with Richard Osterlind)

But it's fun to watch them winging it sometimes and there's something to learn there.