The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Review: Psychic Office Practice by Docc Hilford (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2850 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Here is my review of Docc Hilford's Psychic Office Practice program.

The course is audio with supplemental material on Oridzuru 2. This program focuses on how to set up and operate a psychic practice from an office, including seeing clients in person and via Skype.

The first hour or so of this course I found to be very inspirational. Here is a man who has done paid psychic readings for many years, and is teaching what he has learned through trial and error, as well valuable insights he has learned from other professional readers.

At a high level, this program can be divided into three sections:

1. Client acquisition. How to get new clients.

2. Repeat readings. How to get clients to come back for regular sessions.

3. Running a business. Gross revenue vs. net profit. Business expenses. Paying yourself. And much more.

Client acquisition. Docc teaches a very unique and I would say unconventional approach to getting new clients. The method taught does not involve running paid advertisements in newspapers or magazines or on the internet. The approach will appeal to natural extroverts. If you are an introvert, you will need to overcome your introversion to apply what is taught. And that could be a very good thing.

Repeat readings. Docc mentions there was a time when the conventional thinking was clients should get a reading about once a year. In Psychic Office Practice, he explains there are clients who desire more frequent, regular readings and how to build your practice using this model. He teaches you specifics for how often to schedule clients, how long sessions should be, and provides insight on how to determine what to charge based on your local market.

This program does not teach you how to give psychic readings, although the supplemental materials do teach Oridzuru 2 and Oriduzuru 2 mini, which are used in part of the system. You don't have to use Oridzuru 2, you could use other methods, but it is what Docc teaches in this course.

As far as how much someone may potentially earn using this system, individual results will of course vary. I've been in sales my entire adult life. I've seen many salespeople fail, and some succeed. Two sales people, selling the same product with similar size territories, and one wildly succeeds and one fails miserably. I've seen it happen over and over again. So much comes down to how a person applies themselves and how long they stick with it. If a person believes in themselves, and the product they are selling, they will probably do well long-term. There are no guarantees in life or business, and all results will always vary from person to person. This is true in all businesses including private practices.

There are so many pearls of wisdom taught in this course. Even though this program does not teach how to give readings, Docc does tip many insights on readings throughout the course. I think anytime you have an opportunity to learn from someone who has been doing something for decades, it's worthwhile to hear what they have to say.

I've never seen anything even remotely close to what is taught in Psychic Office Practice. If you are interested in starting or growing a psychic practice I would recommend Psychic Office Practice along with Richard Webster's excellent book How To Build Up A Psychic Practice With Full Length Cold Readings. Docc and Richard teach very different approaches, but both are definitely worth studying if you are seriously interested in this type of business.

rrubin98
View Profile
Veteran user
Cogito, ergo sum scripsit
358 Posts

Profile of rrubin98
Hi Stunninger,

I don't see this product anywhere online. Could you please provide a link? I would like to buy it.

Thanks!
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2785 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Nov 23, 2022, rrubin98 wrote:
Hi Stunninger,

I don't see this product anywhere online. Could you please provide a link? I would like to buy it.
Thanks!

It's no longer online.
You can't.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2850 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Nov 23, 2022, rrubin98 wrote:
Hi Stunninger,

Thanks!

During the time I've been following Docc, he has had a few websites come and go, and he does not appear to be currently selling on-line, at least not from what I can find.

Hopefully he'll be back offering his products for sale again one day.

pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
597 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
Obviously, his Psychic Office Practice program didn't provide steady employment. Smile
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2850 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
I don't know the specifics of his situation now or in the past, but I wouldn't draw that conclusion. People get in - and out, of businesses for many different reasons at different phases of their life. For example, in the book The Psychic Business, Richard Webster describes the many different ways he has made money doing all things psychic. Some of the activities he stopped doing because he grew tired of the work and got burned out. Others he stopped for different reasons, not all financial.

With his knowledge and experience, it is certainly possible Docc could be doing a very robust psychic reading business right now in some part of the world.

John Arcanum
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of John Arcanum
Stunningers review as always is right on the money. This course was basically an update for Oridzuru that was applied to the psychic readers toolbox and took on a life of its own.

I will admit up front, I love everything the good Docc puts out. The man is a legend and he has the charisma to pull off the simplest ruse while convincing his witnesses a miracle has occurred. Ball and tube? Hold my scotch while I start a cult.
He is the modern day Dr. A. If you spent your mentalism formative years like me pouring through Nelson's books you will love this.

Doccs output always strikes me as updates on the Nelson material. Whenever I read Nelson's encyclopedia, I often envision the Reader as the entry point and foundation of the mentalism business. This course covers enough ground to get you up and running on the business side of things.

It is assumed you already know how to give a reading and picks up from there with how to book clients, keep clients, where to see clients, how much to charge, and how to heat up your readings so the client is entertained and enjoys the experience.

All this is really moot at this point since docc isn't currently selling his work, and you can't get it through the shops. It is worth knowing about however should it become available again in the future as this info is worth a steady income to you.

I've been patiently waiting for Docc to re-emerge from the depths to bring forth the secret mysteries stolen from the Elder Ones. I don't know where he is, or what he is doing, only that his presence is missed.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13023 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2022, pulpscrypt wrote:
Obviously, his Psychic Office Practice program didn't provide steady employment. Smile

lol