The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: The Informant by Bobby Motta. >>> AWESOME <<< (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2443 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
The Informant by Bobby Motta.
I have a collection of over 60 wallets and always looking for the perfect one. This may be it.
Let’s get in to the Good, Bad and the Ugly.
The routine below is just an example, watch the trailer and after you receive this. There is no limit to the possibilities. The Good.
With it, you have a spec write their thoughts on your biz card. They keep the card, could be folded and put in their pocket. All done while you’re turned away. They use the wallet as a sturdy table to write on. And when they are done. You take back the wallet and put it away. Now you proceed to read their mind. It is a super easy method and extremely clean. In my opinion, this is the cleanest easiest I have ever used. And the handling makes perfect sense. You need your biz card, naturally it is in your wallet. You do not have to use a biz card that is just my preference.
The Bad.
The tutorial is a link to an Ellusionist download, that’s not really a bad thing. But each section is an individual link, also not bad. I do feel Bobby left out some important info in the video. Such as how to reset after you just performed it in a real world situation. The re set is easy and you will come up with a simple way very quickly, but I would like to see how he does it. Clean up is discussed, just not in a working manor. Also, no routines are included. He does say a few possibilities, but that is only to show how to use the wallet.
The Ugly.
I would have gladly paid 3 or 4 times more for a better quality wallet. But that is not to say this is a poor quality. I am being overly picky now. I would like to see the stitching be perfectly straight and the cut parts of it also straighter and cleaner. Also you are supplied with 2 “Things” you only need 1. Except in my case. You are told to peel off a protection layer, if you have one. I thought I had one and tried to peel it off and had I kept going. I would have ruined one of them. That part of the explanation could have been a bit more detailed by describing the color of the part to be peeled. But now you know, so if you buy it… you won’t do what I almost did.

The end result is this is an amazing utility device that is the smoothest, easiest I have used and all done organically as it should be. There are no moves that may look fishy to a spec. this is a powerful weapon and can be used as a daily wallet, providing you’re not George Costanza.
Then comes the killer bonus. Worth 10 times the cost. Blackmail. Is included and it is powerful, as close as you can get to the real thing. And easier to do than you can imagine. If that is not enough to get you to buy it. The wallet also contains an out to lunch section.
I give it a 9+ out of 10.
Informant Link: http://www.ellusionist.com/the-informant-by-bobby-motta.html
Blackmail Link: http://www.ellusionist.com/blackmail-by-......987.html
Robb
View Profile
Inner circle
1291 Posts

Profile of Robb
60 WALLETS!?! Good God man!

I've seen the Informant and I'll agree it's a great tool.

But 60 WALLETS?! Please, seek professional help.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2015, Robb wrote:
60 WALLETS!?! Good God man!

I've seen the Informant and I'll agree it's a great tool.

But 60 WALLETS?! Please, seek professional help.

He's going for Tony R's record, but has a long way to go. Smile
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2443 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Yes, I do need help!!!!!
But I did find a bunch of great ones. Some that fly under the radar, like The Zingg. another 9+ out of 10.
some of mine go back over 35 years now.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I always wanted to have a look at The Zingg Smile
I've asked to be banned
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2027 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Doesn't everyone have a closet devoted to their wallet collection?

George
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2443 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Not sure why the topic was moved. it does fit both places.
Robb
View Profile
Inner circle
1291 Posts

Profile of Robb
I have two wallets and neither do I use too often... I am likely to pickup another at MindVention depending on what's there, but once you have one that suits most of your purposes, why would you need so many man? Those suckers get expensive!
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2443 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Good question, why so many wallets? First. The promise of the advertiser that it will do what it claims and many do not, second. They function different for different occasions and performing conditions. then you have biz card style, euro style and the hip pocket etc.
I found the Outlaw Hide Out, to be the best natural looking index wallet. I did remove the center device included and it is super thin. I also added more indexing from the "Safwan Papers" book. There are card to wallets of many styles. Peek wallets and on and on. Still The Informant does what it claims and more.
lemonjug
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of lemonjug
HI Baldini,

Thanks for the review. Does the OTL section hold European sized business cards? How many cards can it hold?

Ray
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2443 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I am not familiar with the Euro size,but it is about 2 inches wide. can hold 10-12 cards nicely.without being too thick to carry.
lemonjug
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of lemonjug
Thanks Baldini
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13023 Posts

Profile of John C
I don't even have 60 dollars Smile
Terryh_A
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Terryh_A
I received informant recently as a gift (just the wallet) Could someone please message me with the tutorial information (i.e. video download that comes when you purchase it). I will provide a photo in case you need proof that I do indeed own the product.

Thanks
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13023 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2018, Terryh_A wrote:
I received informant recently as a gift (just the wallet) Could someone please message me with the tutorial information (i.e. video download that comes when you purchase it). I will provide a photo in case you need proof that I do indeed own the product.

Thanks

It's pretty much what it is.

I think I'm going to keep my wallets and start a collection. I always end up selling them and wishing I hadn't.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Looking one for a reasonable price. Seems Ellusionist sold out more than a year...
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
758 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
It's available for purchase here: https://mottamagic.com/collections/front......nformant
ko_brian
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of ko_brian
Just sharing some thoughts on it:

I liked a lot the wallet at first and used the main feature and the telethought filter on the other side (loved it) BUT the quality is not very good and after 6 months or so it just started unstitching and ungluing so I stopped using it. I wish the quality was better.
mwmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of mwmagic
It says "Amazing, genuine leather and quality construction" though?
ko_brian
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of ko_brian
Loved the design... used with paralabs foil and Telethought filter... really great! I with the construction was a little better. When I sau better, I mean, I wish it lasted more than 6 months for me!