The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Astral Enigma by Andreu (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
Look mom, I have
1534 Posts

Profile of E.E.
So, Astral Enigma is out. This is what I think of it.

Effect:

The participant makes random choices in their mind, then she is asked to mix several of these thoughts with their (or someone else’s) birth of date. Even though that the spectator has entire control along this mental process, the mentalist is able to correctly deduce their exact birthday.

Well, this is an amazing piece of work indeed. The method is very simple, yet very powerful and deceptive and is really well covered by the presentation.

I’m glad to say that I had a chance to help a bit in this project but this doesn't mean it's why I'm endorsing it, as my contribution was only script wise, and an additional idea which I thought would be useful for this kind of effect.
Astral Enigma is by far the best birthday divination I’ve ever seen, because it’s so clean, and it makes a lot of sense! If you’ve read Andreu’s “Legion: Name divination” you know what I mean. And by the way, Astral Enigma does not use crib sheets, anagrams, weird formulas, preshow, dual reality, peeks, stooging, nothing! All you need is a spectator with a calculator on his cellphone and you are good to go.

There’s been some speculation about how Astral Enigma is different from “CloudNine”, well, it’s very different. I’m not saying one it’s better than the other, but Andreu’s method is way more simple and easy. You can check it out yourself if you don’t believe me.

To make a long story short, Astral Enigma is very versatile. The method can be applied to a lot of effects and it’s not difficult to learn and do, and when you get the hang of it, it becomes a child’s play.

Ever
Professional mentalist and digital artist for mystery performers. check out my work at www.facebook.com/EverElizaldeArtStudio
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
Hey Ever,

Thank you for your review.

I still would like a little bit more about what makes this different from CloudNine (which I'm sure it's very different, as you state), if possible.

And also, just out of curiosity, could you elaborate on the fact that "the method can be applied to a lot of effects"?

Thank you!
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
Look mom, I have
1534 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Hi, Adrien.

I'm afraid I can't say any more without exposing the method. I'll let Andreu know about your concern so he gives you a proper answer.

About your second question, I meant that the method can be used to create your own effects, apart from Birthday divinations.

Ever.
Professional mentalist and digital artist for mystery performers. check out my work at www.facebook.com/EverElizaldeArtStudio
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2014, Adrien Lochon wrote:
Hey Ever,

Thank you for your review.

I still would like a little bit more about what makes this different from CloudNine (which I'm sure it's very different, as you state), if possible.

And also, just out of curiosity, could you elaborate on the fact that "the method can be applied to a lot of effects"?

Thank you!

Indeed, it's hard to answer this question without exposing the method.

Although you never force any sort of number in here, you're able to deduce birthdays, or if you're creative a lot more stuff.

Sorry I can't really give any more details, for $20 it's not expensive for something useful - birthday divinations are around $35 or more. Smile

Best regards,

- Andreu.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2014, Relick666 wrote:
Sorry I can't really give any more details, for $20 it's not expensive for something useful - birthday divinations are around $35 or more. Smile

- Andreu.

Cloud 9 was free (or a suggested donation to a good cause). And you divine the year of birth in Cloud 9. That would be one of the major differences?
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2014, Martin Pulman wrote:
Quote:

- Andreu.

Cloud 9 was free (or a suggested donation to a good cause). And you divine the year of birth in Cloud 9. That would be one of the major differences?

Yes, tbh Astral Enigma doesn't really focus on revealing the participant's year.

Also, other important differences would be: less operations / questions, and the principle in use which you can apply to a ton more of effects.

Best,

Andreu.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Andreu, So was this created off the back of Cloud Nine or is it a completely different method?
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Hi andreu - once a calculator is in play there are so many ways to divine a spectators bday/unlock/pin - any more information you can provide to differentiate this from other ideas already out there?

I never bought legion but I found mindsight to be quite lengthy for certain things (like an object divination) - I'd love to get an idea about it how this plays for the average spectator.
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
Quote:

I agree with you: $20 is not expensive for something useful. And what I'm trying to understand is if Astral Enigma will be useful to me. Which I really want, because great as CloudNine is, personally I still find it a bit hard to pull of, although I can see that a more experienced performer could make it look close to the real deal.

Honestly I'm a bit afraid that this will be just a variation of CloudNine or something very similar. And, if so, $20 for a variation of an effect I got for free is pretty expensive, right? Smile
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2014, Sean Giles wrote:
Andreu, So was this created off the back of Cloud Nine or is it a completely different method?

I didn't even know about Cloudnine when Astral Enigma was finished.

The method is completely different and I already stated the differences before: you can use Astral Enigma for a lot more of prediction or divination effects.

It's an original effect I developed without even reading cloudnine, sure they may have been 'released' at a similar time, it doesn't imply anything.

I don't really see how 20 usd / 12 pounds is expensive for nearly 50 pages of a practical, great effect you can actually perform with minimal questioning, but I respect your opinions.

Still, I consider it a fair price but I wont discuss a lot about this point: as authors we have the right to charge what we think it's worth. Not like this is 500 or something, lol.

Give it a chance and you'll be glad you did as you will learn something new and useful, otherwise you may just go back to perform the same old ideas.

Best,

Andreu.
Gourmet
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Gourmet
Does this need a smartphone to work.
Or an calculator?
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2014, Adrien Lochon wrote:
Quote:

I agree with you: $20 is not expensive for something useful. And what I'm trying to understand is if Astral Enigma will be useful to me. Which I really want, because great as CloudNine is, personally I still find it a bit hard to pull of, although I can see that a more experienced performer could make it look close to the real deal.

Honestly I'm a bit afraid that this will be just a variation of CloudNine or something very similar. And, if so, $20 for a variation of an effect I got for free is pretty expensive, right? Smile

Adrien,

Who said it was a variation?

The presentation and method of both are totally different.

In cloud9 you ask spectators a lot of times this question: 'how less is this number compared to this other one?" this kind of fishing is never present in Astral Enigma.

If you don't want to buy it, I fully respect your decision, but there's no need to say Astral Enigma is just a variation of an effect which I didn't even know that existed.

Btw, you can just ignore multiplications for my effect and it's still hard to figure out.. And no forces used at all. Smile

Best regards,

Andreu.
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
Andreu,

I didn't meant to imply that your effect is a variation of CloudNine. I'm sorry for any misunderstanding. I don't own Astral Enigma so I'm really not in position to state anything of that sort.

I was just trying to say that IF I bought Astral Enigma only to realise that it was close to CloudNine method-wise, then it would not be useful for me. But your post answered all my questions and now I'm even more curious Smile This does sound promising!
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2014, DynaMix wrote:
Hi andreu - once a calculator is in play there are so many ways to divine a spectators bday/unlock/pin - any more information you can provide to differentiate this from other ideas already out there?

I never bought legion but I found mindsight to be quite lengthy for certain things (like an object divination) - I'd love to get an idea about it how this plays for the average spectator.

The principle at use is ideal for this and a lot more of effects; this fact in itself is a huge difference to any other effect out there.

Generally, birthday divinations are just... that.

The Astral Enigma methodology is perfect in the use of predictions and a lot more useful mentalism ploys. Smile

Sorry for not being more specific, just can't be very detailed about it without giving away the method.

BTW I'm very proud of MindSight, the effects are top notch and one of my friends told he me has even performed Sentimental over the phone, but that's another story, lol. B*****y system is sort of dead nowadays and I really want it to become important again in regards to Mentalism, as you can do a lot of real miracles with that by itself.

Thanks for your interest,

Andreu.
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2014, Gourmet wrote:
Does this need a smartphone to work.
Or an calculator?

Either of those will get the job done. Smile

Andreu.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2014, Relick666 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

In cloud9 you ask spectators a lot of times this question: 'how less is this number compared to this other one?" this kind of fishing is never present in Astral Enigma.

Let me say that I'm sure Andreu's method is original and different to mine so it wouldn't be a variation, though his above statement isn't exactly accurate. I ask the first time "By how much, to what degree?" And subsequently simply ask "To what degree?" There are actually only three question phases in total and the 'fishing' relies on an excellent principle by Michael Murray. And at no time does it feel like math is the key to the divination of the birthdate.

At any rate, it appears that the timing of my sharing CloudNine unfortunately conflicted with Andreu's release. It isn't fair to compare his work to mine before anyone has had a chance to review it.

Best,

Atlas
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
I bought this, it IS clever but it does feel quite mathematical to me. In addition, the spectator does have to keep track of a few seperate things, the book advises he/she write them down on a pad if I'm not mistaken.

All in all another idea to add to the toolbox. There is some clever thinking on how to make this all seem part of a numerology presentation.
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2014, DynaMix wrote:
I bought this, it IS clever but it does feel quite mathematical to me. In addition, the spectator does have to keep track of a few seperate things, the book advises he/she write them down on a pad if I'm not mistaken.

All in all another idea to add to the toolbox. There is some clever thinking on how to make this all seem part of a numerology presentation.

Hey Dinamix, thanks a lot for your review, it's honest. Smile

Yes, like you mention, the spectator has to keep track of some things, but not a lot.

All in all, I hope you've gotten something useful out of Astral Enigma, and thanks a lot for supporting the ideas.. Cool!

Best regards,

Andreu.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4194 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2014, MagicAtlas wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Let me say that I'm sure Andreu's method is original and different to mine so it wouldn't be a variation, though his above statement isn't exactly accurate. I ask the first time "By how much, to what degree?" And subsequently simply ask "To what degree?" There are actually only three question phases in total and the 'fishing' relies on an excellent principle by Michael Murray. And at no time does it feel like math is the key to the divination of the birthdate.

At any rate, it appears that the timing of my sharing CloudNine unfortunately conflicted with Andreu's release. It isn't fair to compare his work to mine before anyone has had a chance to review it.

Best,

Atlas

Also if you lead into CloudNine from a star sign revelation then the question is asked only twice and is fully justified within the context of a numerology reading. If you have even basic reading skills the presentation is engaging even without revealing the exact date of birth including the year. You could actually use CloudNine to get o*e a***d under the guise of giving a numerology reading. You could then use the information as the final part of mental epic or Richard Osterlind's AI.

One of the great things about CloudNine is that they never tell you the numbers, these only exist in their head and this prevents it ever seeming like a maths trick. As far as the math is concerned they use the two easiest numbers to multiply by, 1 and 9 and so most can do this in their head, even my 11 year old knows his 9 times table.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2014, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2014, MagicAtlas wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Best,

Atlas

Also if you lead into CloudNine from a star sign revelation then the question is asked only twice and is fully justified within the context of a numerology reading. If you have even basic reading skills the presentation is engaging even without revealing the exact date of birth including the year. You could actually use CloudNine to get o*e a***d under the guise of giving a numerology reading. You could then use the information as the final part of mental epic or Richard Osterlind's AI.

One of the great things about CloudNine is that they never tell you the numbers, these only exist in their head and this prevents it ever seeming like a maths trick. As far as the math is concerned they use the two easiest numbers to multiply by, 1 and 9 and so most can do this in their head, even my 11 year old knows his 9 times table.

Mark

Cool, but it's still not my cup of tea. Smile

Why is multiplication something mandatory?

I insist, you can perform Astral Enigma without the need of it.

Just 2 very different approaches, Looch told me he really liked both effects btw. Smile

Thanks,

Andreu.