The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Chris Rawlins - Reveal (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Hi Guys, thought I would give you the heads up on this, its amazing!

It fooled me completely when I saw it performed, I saw this in roulette and I instantly fell for it.

Get it!!

http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/m......sRawlins

Pete x
KarlScott
View Profile
New user
UK
11 Posts

Profile of KarlScott
Hey All,

This is my first post on the magic Café and I'm glad to say its in support of Chris Rawlins - 'Reveal'.

Well done Chris for a great method that's low tech, reliable and incredibly deceptive.

Karl
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of celebrity
I saw this demonstrated by Chris at Luke's lecture in the North East. A super clever method for a peek which certainly fooled even the most knowledgable in the room.

Well done Chris!

:)
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3788 Posts

Profile of takeachance
What's different about this? How does it compare to Rigg's clipboards and peek? Is this a new developement?
ChrisWall
View Profile
Regular user
England
139 Posts

Profile of ChrisWall
It is different to my knowledge. I don't want to say too much about it but it doesn't work in the same way as Riggs clipboards or others like Riggs'.

It is excellent, very clear and very deceptive and great for parlour and smaller stages. No e**ct*****s to go wrong and is probably the most reliable way of gathering information that's drawn or written on a large source I've came across.

The included kit is very nice and gives you all you need to get started right away. The boards are specially made for this effect and I think the blurb says it all "It is impossible for it to break or wear-out." You don't need to refill or replace anything once you own this you're set for life.

Great release from Vanishing Inc. (they've also reprinted his book too which is well worth a look.)

Chris.
"Have your cake and eat it... there's no other reason to have a cake" - Derren Brown

https://www.chrisreadsminds.co.uk
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Hi guys.

This is similar in a way to Luca Volpe`s clipboard p**k from his first DVD?

Great performers supporting this.

All the bet Chris!

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
crozboz
View Profile
New user
York, UK
30 Posts

Profile of crozboz
Amira - you put a question mark at the end, but it reads like a statement.

It's nothing like Volpe's, and as far as I know he bought Reveal at Blackpool. He's also saying nice things about it.

It's a great clever peek. Not my kind of thing, but if I did mentalism at all I could see myself using it in an heartbeat.
Tom Crosbie
"Expanded bread shell is a method I hope to see lots more of in future" - Tom Stone
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On 2013-05-26 20:49, crozboz wrote:
Amira - you put a question mark at the end, but it reads like a statement.

It's nothing like Volpe's, and as far as I know he bought Reveal at Blackpool. He's also saying nice things about it.

It's a great clever peek. Not my kind of thing, but if I did mentalism at all I could see myself using it in an heartbeat.

It´s a question Smile

Chris contacted me recently and he told me the story.
It´s different.
For me if it´s an improvement, it´s worked in the real world and if is well credited, go for it.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3788 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Quote:
On 2013-05-26 20:27, ChrisWall wrote:
It is different to my knowledge. I don't want to say too much about it but it doesn't work in the same way as Riggs clipboards or others like Riggs'.

It is excellent, very clear and very deceptive and great for parlour and smaller stages. No e**ct*****s to go wrong and is probably the most reliable way of gathering information that's drawn or written on a large source I've came across.

The included kit is very nice and gives you all you need to get started right away. The boards are specially made for this effect and I think the blurb says it all "It is impossible for it to break or wear-out." You don't need to refill or replace anything once you own this you're set for life.

Great release from Vanishing Inc. (they've also reprinted his book too which is well worth a look.)

Chris.

Many thanks for taking the time to answer my questions mate

cheers
ChrisWall
View Profile
Regular user
England
139 Posts

Profile of ChrisWall
Quote:
On 2013-05-26 21:26, takeachance wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-26 20:27, ChrisWall wrote:

Chris.

Many thanks for taking the time to answer my questions mate

cheers

No problem. I've also put a post on Latest and Greatest to save people going between the two Smile

Chris.
"Have your cake and eat it... there's no other reason to have a cake" - Derren Brown

https://www.chrisreadsminds.co.uk
Dave Nic
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
247 Posts

Profile of Dave Nic
Thanks for the heads up on this Pete. I dare say it would have slipped past the radar had it not been mentioned here. Its great that you get access to the clip from the convention(blackpool?) when you place the order. Some nice reviews from some of the big boys as well.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3352 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
I just can say that I bought four of them for a routine I am preparing!
Is really a clever concept and they are made to last a lifetime!
Buy it, you will NOT be disappointed!
Chris is a great guy too!
marcpaul
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of marcpaul
This is a great idea. Simple, elegant and VERY practical. Congratulations Chris.
Gideon
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
130 Posts

Profile of Gideon
Is that the same clipboard that Chris discribes in his book "Roulette" under the title "Clipboard Peek"?
Dave Nic
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
247 Posts

Profile of Dave Nic
Quote:
On 2013-05-26 17:39, Peter_turner wrote:
Hi Guys, thought I would give you the heads up on this, its amazing!

It fooled me completely when I saw it performed, I saw this in roulette and I instantly fell for it.

Get it!!

http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/m......sRawlins

Pete x

Reading Petes post with him saying he saw this in roulette, one would assume so.
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
A few people have recommended this for parlour or "small" cabaret. Is there any reason it wouldn't be suitable for a big stage? I can see that the spectator's drawing wouldn't be big enough to display to a huge audience - but assuming you're doing a routine where the audience don't need to see the spectator's drawing/writing, would it work just as well in a theatre?
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Quote:
On 2013-05-27 05:48, Gideon wrote:
Is that the same clipboard that Chris discribes in his book "Roulette" under the title "Clipboard Peek"?

The seed was released in roulette, there has been so much added since then and with reveal you get a clipboard also! You really can't go wrong its a beautiful utility. X
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Quote:
On 2013-05-27 05:52, Caliban wrote:
A few people have recommended this for parlour or "small" cabaret. Is there any reason it wouldn't be suitable for a big stage? I can see that the spectator's drawing wouldn't be big enough to display to a huge audience - but assuming you're doing a routine where the audience don't need to see the spectator's drawing/writing, would it work just as well in a theatre?

It will work perfect on stage Smile

You can show the drawing.

Pete x
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
Thanks Pete. Vanishing Inc are also advertising Roulette but the clipboard Peek is no longer in the table of contents, so it may have been taken out of the current version now that it's being marketed separately.
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
940 Posts

Profile of nique
After I made my purchase (breaking a personal promise to myself yet again, not to buy anything else this month!), I got access to the video on the Vanishing Inc site outlining the method to Reveal. Based on the short demo, I kind of guessed what to expect, and while I was right to a certain extent, I must say I was still pleasantly surprised. It's very nice indeed.

This is the kind of prop I love - practical, low tech, no worrying about a bad imp, not limiting where they write/draw, nothing to break, replace or recharge. The handling is, I think, very natural and motivated; I know that I will be using this somehow.

Well done Chris! Now if only they'd send it over like... right now!

~ Nique
https://youtube.com/user/nateuqin

"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

"TAP - The Assignment Prediction"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com