The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: The Magic Square by Luis de Matos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Smoking Camel
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1039 Posts

Profile of Smoking Camel
Anyone got the inside line on this? Any thoughts? Are people asked to call out a number from 1-100 or 1-9?
I no longer smoke camel cigarettes.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
A slip of paper is picked out from a clear tray (it can be any tray/bowl/hands even) by your host/punter...

numbers are shouted out by audience members

square is filled in...

when totalled in the usual way they add up to the number picked right at the beginning...

I thought the method was excellent...i'm usually one for magic squares, but I shall be using the method for sure...

not performed it, so can't comment further...bought it for research...

oh and the slips aren't forced in any way, no stooges, DR, P**-s*** or anything like that...
I've asked to be banned
Smoking Camel
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1039 Posts

Profile of Smoking Camel
Thank you IAIN.
I no longer smoke camel cigarettes.
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Iain dunford-:

is the math simpler than other methods you know of ??
Domino Magic
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Domino Magic
There are several methods covered on this DVD, but if you specifically use Luis' method as Iain described above, there are no calculations, so yeah, the math is simpler.
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Thanks domino:
thorsten dankworth
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of thorsten dankworth
The math is simpler, but you create double digits within the square and this is weak! You also have the restriction to work with the slips of paper.
For me this dvd was a big disappointment. Higly NOT recommended!
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2504 Posts

Profile of ddyment
I have to agree. This is really a presentation for a very standard magic square technique. It adds nothing to methodology (in fact, it ignores contemporary methodology, and wastes time explaining how to deal with problems that don't even occur in better-architected squares).

Buy it for the presentation if you wish (he displays excellent stage presence, and is truly a joy to watch), but not for the methodology.
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
mikefallen
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of mikefallen
I will not loose time with it perssonally... sorry guys. Greater magic book and a lot more of sources out there cover this. waste of time
deiricm
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of deiricm
Have to agree with ddyment and mikefallen: I bought this DVD and I expected much more from the prom stuff; apart from the great stage presentation, I'm not sure there's much 'beef' here. Got a good deal for anyone looking for a second hand copy Smile
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13023 Posts

Profile of John C
Many good squares have fourth grade math. Not a problem.