The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: J Pragers New Peek Envelope (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Sad, dismaying and, oh, so avoidable.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Quote:
On 2011-09-16 22:37, blackpine0008 wrote:
So, he committed the same mistake.

No. This was not a "mistake". This was an informed and calculated decision to profit from an idea that was not his to sell. The Bite was, I believe, a genuine recreation which, when identified as such, was acknowledged thusly in the text. This, whether or not he hit upon the painfully obvious idea on his own, whether or not his (unnecessary) mode of preparation was "original", whether or not the (suspicious in my opinion) folding up of the envelope is a sufficient "improvement", may not be considered such a case. He knew, and he, and we, know he knew, that this was not new. Try saying that five times fast.

It is interesting that the "pros", according to Mr. Pragers own word (and I do not put myself in that list), generally share my rather inimical feelings about this. The presumed non pros who got gyped just love it. Good for Mr. Prager.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
With your post John, I feel he might have made an improvement.
Several improvements really.

However my post is one that offered from the tower of ignorance.

If nothing else this thread has caused me to create a presentation
that I hope is not like the one offered.

Even as this is being typed the demonstration plays in my mind.
This could be quite powerful with the right stuff.

Not saying this is, only offering a thank you for the inspiration.

Jim

H.o.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
I'm not sure I follow, but you're welcome...(?)
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Imho I think it's crap! I purchased it on friday and sat down today to gimmick the envelope and by the time I got some bit of a peek I went to far and had to make a new one and again same thing happened! I'm after going through 4 envelopes already and am having same problem......

save your money guys!

Kieran
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
756 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
I bought this too. Honestly, the envelopes I buy from office depot, I can see through when I use a sharpie on a biz card already! I have a problem with making my envelopes opaque!

Anyway, I am with Iain, I would like a refund too...
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Those of you who have access to inner thoughts might like to check out the following thread from July of this year. In it I discuss the envelopes used in White Dwarf. Note that Mr. Prager took part in the thread.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=82&17

Good thoughts,

Bob
blackpine0008
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of blackpine0008
Sad, really sad
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." Joseph Dunninger
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
I thought the PDF was well written.

But then again what do I know?

Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Sir. Mind Reader
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Sir. Mind Reader
Seems like some of the people praising this effect together just take it in turns releasing cheap ebooks. They always seem to rave about each others work and post "questions" etc. A bit tiresome, and as mentioned above - it would be much better if this work was held back, properly routined and eventually put into a proper book.
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Anybody Got his mindveil? Is it as good as it's supposed to be?

Kieran
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Jim,

Despite the harshness of my invective (overkill perhaps?), I will certainly agree that the ebook is very well produced, well written, and the embedded video is an added value. Had this been a "new, original, idea", it would have been more than worth the price. I will even go so far as to say that the mindshocks ebooks are a positive influence in the field, especially in terms of production values. No, that doesn't mean I like this product, and no, it doesn't lessen my, what's the word, frustration with the laxity of vetting and crediting, but I was remiss in ignoring the value that is there in this product.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Does anyone have a reference for the original publication that uses this method of preparation. I like the ungimmicked method and this sounds interesting but I'm obviously loathe to buy it now. PM me if you'd prefer.

thanks
Sean
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
I noticed it mentioned before on this thread but... is the method in any way similar to John Riggs's envelope p**k in his Gods with feet of clay DVD's? Cause THAT is KILLER!!!
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Quote:
On 2011-09-18 21:46, Jim-Callahan wrote:
I thought the PDF was well written.

But then again what do I know?

Jim

Well you know how to stir the pot
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
I personally do not like the talk of methodology in this thread.

Also not being a person to place things into an envelope unless it is to be sent somewere
the method of gaff was not familiar to me.

Jim

H.O.A-X
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Jim - are we playing "the sky is green" game?

you little devil you...
I've asked to be banned