The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Pendulum Magic: A Guide to Mystery Performers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Quote:
On 2011-09-12 12:09, David Thiel wrote:
Andre...did you say "Hello" to your new pendulum before you tried ripping it out of its shelter? Did you do anything by way of greeting...or claiming her for your own??? HUH???

I rather think not. I expect you approached it like a Cossack approaches a Russian maiden after battle. (Sniff) Of course she bit you.

But you're blood bonded now -- and things should be fine.

David

Like a Cossack approaches a Russian maiden after battle? I like that. You must have known me when I was younger. Oh, this she-devil pendulum is vile and willful, but I love her though she.drinketh of my blood!
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
There was a knock upon my door. As, soon as I got there,I could see a postal carrier running to a truck,that does not usually stop here. I looked down to the porch,there was a package sitting there. I knew it was 'Nightmare'!

I took her in and let her sit on the coffee table briefly,she was calling to me to release her from her containment.
As,I opened the package,I could smell the scents of herbs,roots and fire emitting from her! The smell had a strange but ensuring aroma.

The Lady 'S' was home where she belonged!!!

Her Beauty and the feel of her touch was sweet,but could cut through you as the finest blade!

Then as I held her in my hands, I introduced her to Alice,and his Nightmare too !

She is greatly balanced,and photos do not do her justice!
David and Sheree added so many touches,even in the presentation of her as she is unveiled !
She also has a wonderful COA signed and dated by Sheree !

Just wanted to say thank you on creating my 'Nightmare'!

Gary
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
I have started a new topic for pendulum reviews that were gifted by David & Sheree, I hope you have seen it an thought my story was entertaining.

Dr Rob.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
After you tried to burn me on that Scryer post "Is it just me,or did Godzilla..."
I have not really been reading your post !

Gary
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4011 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Gary...I'm really pleased your pendulum arrived...and that you love it as much as we did.

It WAS freaking me out just a little because people in CHINA had gotten their pendulums and you were still waiting for yours. But I'm glad it finally arrived. I can uncross my fingers and toes now!

If you haven't already done it (and I suspect you have...) hold that stone up to the light and watch how it glitters on the INSIDE. In the dictionary you'll find THAT image under the definition of "seriously cool."

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
David,
You guys do some wonderful work on your Pendulums!

If interested...you can see 'Nightmare' on David's site. Go to site and there is a link down the first page that says "Custom Orders",it will take you to her,and on that page is another link that has more pictures and how the custom order process works!

Dr. Rob wrote a nice review of his !

'Nightmare' will be placed by my other 'Lady of the Forest' made for me by Rich !

Me and Alice,have been kicked back,as I become more in sync with her,he has been singing out his story of his 'Nightmare'!

Yes, gazing at the crystals inside the black geode is mesmerizing !!!
She is unique and one of a kind in so many ways !

Forgot to add,she can be used in so many ways,and hold a reveal of her own !

Gary
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
4011 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Hi, Gary...

Thank you again. I'm sorry to have taken so long to say so...but I've been on the road. I really appreciate everything you've said here.

Pendulums just offer SO MANY possibilities. I absolutely love their simplicity. From a perspective forged in 20+ years of magic, pendulums require:

* No Assistant
* No Batteries
* No Reset
* No magnets, strings -- doorways to alternate dimensions

And they fit in your pocket, cause the magic to happen in the hands of the spectator and define "packs flat/plays big." If someone 'invented' them today...I can't imagine the accolades.

I had a show in Jasper on Thursday, doing walkabout at a medieval feast. It was an event for a housebuilders convention. I was doing a pendulum reveal effect. I was using my Eye of the Dragon pendulum -- and my volunteer was a 60-something builder with hard hands. When he saw the pendulum start moving in his hands, he dropped it and refused to touch it again. His reaction was really loud and gathered a significant crowd. Another person, a woman dressed as a gypsy, took up where he left off.

Since she'd seen the whole instruction portion, when she took the pendulum in hand -- it moved right away. The reveal was perfect. Huge applause.

I am MORE committed than ever to using pendulums in close-up. The reaction they generate is right off the charts.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

migwar
View Profile
Elite user
west yorkshire, UK
457 Posts

Profile of migwar
Would this book be a good primer for someone starting out with pendulums?
Mauricio Jaramillo
View Profile
Elite user
Colombia
413 Posts

Profile of Mauricio Jaramillo
Yes Migwar, in fact, I wrote my routine specifically for beginners and not so much for people looking for new presentational premises. I do a lot of advanced pendulum work but opted to write sonething that most people could start doing right away with little chance of failure. There are enough ideas in this book to aid in eventually coming up with more advanced routines.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
[quote]On 2011-09-18 10:10, David Thiel wrote:

When he saw the pendulum start moving in his hands, he dropped it and refused to touch it again. His reaction was really loud and gathered a significant crowd.

I had the same kind of reaction from a woman like this!

I did an impromptu (something like Docc's,but not the same!). The woman screamed as the pendulum changed directions in her hand. She screamed,that kind of scared me ! LOL I then did the pendulum in her friends hand. Later the same woman begged me to let her do the pendulum again! This is the coolest thing to let someone feel ,the closet to real magic in their own hands!
I wear a pendulum bracelet,and when someone makes a comment about the bracelet,you can tell them your story of where the bracelet came from,and let them experience the power of the pendulum ! Smile

-G
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Did your Pendulum Bracelet come from Rich, Gary ?
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2011-09-18 15:35, DrRob wrote:
Did your Pendulum Bracelet come from Rich, Gary ?

Dr, Rob,
Yes,it did ! I have a couple of bracelets made by him.
This particular time...it was my Mr. & Mrs.Skull pendulum.
It makes for a really nice piece of jewelry too , I get all kinds of compliments on her!!! Smile
I tell all kind of stories about who or what,that make my pendulums! LOL

Gary
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Thanks, I feel another purchase is due but not until I have re-charged my bank balance.
I think a custom bracelet is in order similar to my Dragonfire pendulum. !

Dr Rob.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I agree !
And,one to match Dragonfire...would be a thing of beauty!
I can not recommend a bracelet enough !

-G
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
4011 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I'm endlessly surprised at how each pendulum seems to have its own personality -- and its own quirks. They feel as individual as people to me. Some are "happier" doing one effect...they just FIT that way.

When you think about it -- a pendulum is just a weight on a string, right? And it really SHOULDN'T matter what that weight is...or what the pendulum looks like...or how it feels in your hand, right?

But it DOES matter. I am not entirely sure why it does...just that it DOES. I use my Eye of the Dragon with a tarot routine and it's perfect there. Why?

I'm getting very interested in the horizontal pendulums, Bob Cassidy describes in "The Pendulum of Fate." It's an intriguing idea. Is anyone out there using one of these?

David

DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
A question on pendulum's if I may, I read that each pendulum should be asked to show which movement is associated with the question being asked of it i.e Left to right for yes etc.
My pendulum's always decide on the same movements - clockwise circle for yes, anticlockwise for no up and down for not sure and side to side for it will not say.

Do others find this similarity or is it just me?

Thanks
Dr Rob.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
That is how mine moves as well !
Only had one woman swing counter clockwise for yes!
Had two different one's with crystal bobs just vibrate in my hand,until they got to know me ! Smile

You can lead a participant into a direction of swing !

-G
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
4011 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
In my hands the pendulum reacts the same way all the time. "Yes" or "No" or "You don't SERIOUSLY expect an answer on that, do you, Scooter?"

However -- I've found that that SAME pendulum can have completely different responses in the hands of a spectator. These responses are consistent. Why? My ideomotor programming is different from theirs. That's my story...and I'm sticking to it.

David

Mauricio Jaramillo
View Profile
Elite user
Colombia
413 Posts

Profile of Mauricio Jaramillo
One of the things that impresses me the most is that a pendulum can move without directly touching it, you just keep it hanging from something at a distance and control its every movement with no gimmicks whatsoever. This is probably one of the most real things I do and how I handle multi-bob pendulums in most of my shows and close up situations, though it can be accomplished with single pendulums as well. This is a rather unexplored area and one that I touched in another book. David, perhaps a future book can include some thoughts on non-contact pendulum routines?
Billy-one
View Profile
Inner circle
IOWA
1028 Posts

Profile of Billy-one
I had the privlage to see doc Hilford lecture in Memphis, TN many years ago. He did an amazing pendulum routine. I have been fasinated by the prospects every since then, however the routines never really fit into my character. After looking around at the beautifull pendulums you offer, I am rethinking my choice, yet again!