The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Chris Rawlins - Reveal (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
andyfisher
View Profile
Veteran user
Norwich, UK
319 Posts

Profile of andyfisher
Hi folks

Just wanted to add my first impressions, having received my clipboards yesterday (complete with an £11 customs charge - £3.50 for VAT and the rest as a Royal Mail handling charge....not impressed but this is in no way the fault of the distributors)

I concur with earlier comments about this concept - the DVD is well put together and offers some nice performance tips, borne from hard earned experience, the props themselves are well made and bulletproof and the routining couldn't be more versatile. Chris has knocked it out of the park with this release and I can already think of several applications for the clipboard in my current act.

At the risk of repeating others on this thread, Reveal comes with my highest recommendation - it is well priced, devilishly simple and is a true utility item. I have not been as satisfied with another magical purchase in some time - well done to all those involved in this project and thanks for sharing it with the rest of us Smile
'Reading people and bringing them together'

www.doodlemeatree.com
bobbyh6731
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of bobbyh6731
I had the pleasure of attending a lecture by Chris at the Leicester Magic Circle a couple of weeks ago and the lecture was interesting and everyone in the room took something away from it.
I purchased Reveal from him and being one for impulse buys I tend to realise quite quickly that items are not for working routines.
This however is a fantastic item, I have not gotten round to performing it in a live situation as of yet due to ill health but having played around with it and worked out a script, I have shown it to some friends and family who all were amazed ( including my magic hating long suffering partner).
The method is well thought out and the product has been custom made.
Those that have the lecture notes or the book with the product in, I would advise purchasing the product custom made rather than making your own.
Chris is helpful and welcomes feedback and will gladly discuss a product with you or an idea.
Im not a friend of Chris so this review is not biased, I do rate it very highly and will look forward to using it in a real situation.
andyfisher
View Profile
Veteran user
Norwich, UK
319 Posts

Profile of andyfisher
Hi folks - a quick addendum to my review - I got a delightful email from VanishingInc. apologising that I had a customs issue and I was gifted some downloadable ebook materials. I had already explained that they were in no way accountable for the additional costs incurred but despite this, they wanted me to have had a hassle free experience in ordering from them!

What can I say? Excellent service on top of an excellent product - well done and thankyou!
'Reading people and bringing them together'

www.doodlemeatree.com
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
I've had Reveal for a little while now, I got one of the originals that came out at Blackpool.

I work mainly cabaret settings, burlesque events and the like. This is the PERFECT size for that kind of audience and perfect to carry around with you in a small bag if you like to travel light like me.

I love the low tech method. The big plus for me is that you don't really have to worry about resetting an impression device or anything like that - I've found myself going gig to gig and pulling out my IMB with a drawing still on it. No issues with that here, pull the board back out of the envelope, rip off the piece of paper they drew on and you're good to go. Awesome.

It's robust, simple, deceptive and it works. No complaints from me, just the highest of recommendations.

DC
The EPIC 5 hour billet masterclass is now LIVE!
http://the1914.com
Overdraft | Orphic | Shadow | Eclipse | The Art Of Stagecraft & Many more exclusive magic & mentalism products.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Bought Reveal on Tuesday from Alakazam, had it delivered Wednesday and performed it Friday night at a corporate gig.

It was a stand-up parlour-type show with people on three sides of me.

I used it for drawing duplication and it couldn't have gone down better.

The peek was easy yet subtle and flew past everyone.

The prop is high quality, yet basic in its construction meaning nothing can go wrong.

I've looked at and owned other peek devices in the past and have never used any of them for more than a couple of shows. But this one's a keeper. I finally have the drawing dupe I've been looking for.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
I got mine last week and I LOVE this thing. Low tech, reliable, foolproof. It's definitely a WORKERS clipboard. You will get a perfect look every time and everything in the presentation is simple and logical.

But... don't buy it. I don't want everyone else doing it. I want it for myself. Everyone who owns one, please toss it into the sea. This way, I'm the only person who owns this brilliant little toy Smile
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3788 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Limited on what type of routine or situation it can be used. It doesn't have the versatility of other devices, but in its specific area of design, and that is drawing dupes and putting the board into an envelope, it's useful. Not quite as blown away with it as some others here, but not disappointed either.
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
I bought a second clipboard almost exactly matching reveal. After the work is done I draw on the standard board which so closely matches it strengthens the conviction all is what it seems.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3788 Posts

Profile of takeachance
That's a good idea Scott
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Quote:
On 2013-06-22 12:00, takeachance wrote:
Limited on what type of routine or situation it can be used. It doesn't have the versatility of other devices, but in its specific area of design, and that is drawing dupes and putting the board into an envelope, it's useful. Not quite as blown away with it as some others here, but not disappointed either.

But it can be used for pre-show work as well. Have an assistant do the capture in the lobby and let them hold onto the sealed envelope through the show.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Just discovered this thread - darn you guys are killing me!

Does this share any kinship similarity to the TT w****t I'm terms of the gimmick? I'm just guessing but that is what it seems like.

If I'm asking too much tell me to shut up and just buy it Smile

Is is just me of is JJ and AG putting out some great stuff?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Dave Nic
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
247 Posts

Profile of Dave Nic
Shut up and buy it;-)

And indeed, they are putting out some great stuff.

- Dave
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Alright just ordered...gracias
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4204 Posts

Profile of JanForster
You will like it Smile! Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-07-07 10:28, JanForster wrote:
You will like it Smile! Jan

I don't know if I trust your opinions Jan Smile What do you know about "mind reading?" !!!

:)
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4204 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Dark Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
My troops are stationed at
272 Posts

Profile of Dark Knight
This looks like something I got years ago from Café member Chris Matthewson. I understand he made these himself. What is great about his clipboards is that they work sort of by "remote control" and, importantly, the clipboard always stays in the hands of the spectator and doesn't have to be put into an envelope, etc.

Still, the "technology" seems similar, as there is a moment when the audience cannot be right behind the mentalist when the peek is obtained. His clipbd was actually based on his "stealth notebook" he described (in detail) right here on the Café. I got the notebook and clipbd in a package deal, but I don't think he offers these anymore as the special material is not readily available.

DK
mikesmithmagic
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of mikesmithmagic
Hi Chris

I wee note to say a huge thank you for the genius that is Reveal. I finally purchased it last week and boy is it a gem! Simplicity is as good a word as any but nowhere near good enough to describe it.
Top notch DVD to go with it too. The largest portion of the DVD is spent on performance subtleties etc, a subject not covered enough on instructional DVD's.

A most amazing piece of kit that is worth every penny.

Many thanks

Mick

P.S. Feel free to quote this message on your website, blogs, Facebook etc etc.
"I seriously love the disarming flexibility of Mick Wilson's SDP...one of those rare card-handling procedures that exemplifies the concept of 'why run when no one is chasing you'. SDP is an open-handed utility tool that conjurers will use to great advantage when creating new effects in the years to come."

Mick Ayres, South Carolina, 2016
mikesmithmagic
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of mikesmithmagic
Having put in the practice to make this piece my own and performed it several times I truly can't recommend it enough to all mentalist for a stand-up/palour/ stage presentation. If you are for more info check out the performance and further details at Vanishing Ink

http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/mentalism/reveal/
"I seriously love the disarming flexibility of Mick Wilson's SDP...one of those rare card-handling procedures that exemplifies the concept of 'why run when no one is chasing you'. SDP is an open-handed utility tool that conjurers will use to great advantage when creating new effects in the years to come."

Mick Ayres, South Carolina, 2016
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
This uses A4 paper - is that a standard Euro size? Dumb question?