The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: The Practical Psychic's Little Book Series by Neal Scryer & Richard Webster. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
You need to stop buying those cigarettes with the saltpeter in the paper.

That's why they keep going out on you.

(takes a hit from bong)
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1440 Posts

Profile of MDantes
(smiles wide, drips eye drops down cheek, missing his eyes and passes drops to Bob)

They are the good kind...

Takes the red...

Righ outta'der...
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
All I know heard someone bought a black book for 250 dollars that's crazy.One thing I was told there history same will be with white book soon maybe a handful left.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Personally, I hope that neither of these books is re-released in the near future. They are just too good.

But I must admit that I am a bit dismayed that there seem to be profiteers out there who buy limited editions like these, with no intent of reading them, for the sole purpose of cashing in on someone elses' work by offering them to the public on eBay. (Yes, I know it's their right to do so. But having the right to do something does not necessarily make it right - especially when we are talking about material that is designed to be USED rather than just a commodity to be auctioned off to the highest bidder.)

If you want the White Book I'd suggest you support the author and publisher and get it now while it's still in print, rather than wait and end up lining the pockets of an eBay profiteer. (And I've got to wonder if some of these guys scan copies for themselves before selling the originals for a profit.)

Good thoughts,

Bob
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
Well said Mr.Cassidy and how true.I heard through the grapevine Mr.Scryer will not write no more books and that's a real shame.Funny thing there are many out there for reasons you mentioned do not put books out.I to agree they never put another run.Anyone who scans books is a loser you get gold yet you want to give it to others how sad.One thing it will come back and bite them you know where.

PS. Nothing like having the real book in your hands and reading in your bed.
Richard Webster
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Richard Webster
Neal and I are not planning to reprint either the Black or White book in the near future. In time, I hope Neal will provide material for another book, as I've watched him perform some amazing things that have not yet been published.

Right now I'm too busy working on the Alexander Nelson book to even think about it. Alexander has the best Q & A act I've ever seen, and I'm amazed he's agreed to release it. It fooled me badly, as nothing is written down.

Richard
JasonR
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of JasonR
Quote:
On 2011-10-15 20:38, CarlZen wrote:
PS. Nothing like having the real book in your hands and reading in your bed.

Truer words were never spoken. I love to read, but don't own an e-reader for a reason.
B.Clay
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of B.Clay
Thank you Richard. Always good to hear from you on this forum and to learn about your newest work. I look forward to the Alexander Nelson book and hope that you will convince Scryer to collaborate on another volume sometime in the future. You've delivered some amazing work this year already. Can't wait to see what's next.
Regards,
B.
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
I have to say one thing on behalf of Mr Webster.Mr. Webster you have enlighten us with your brilliant work for decades.You are the true father of readers you are the one and only reason I am here today doing readings.You deserve the highest recognition higher that anyone alive.Final words to all Mr Webster is like a five star restaurant anything you get from him is of high standards.Thank you thank you thank you Mr.Webster you are a true pioneer and are loved by all especially me.Mr.Webster I truly mean that from the deep of my heart you are my hero.
B.Clay
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of B.Clay
Don't want to be accused of turning this into a Love Fest for Richard Webster, but I've got to say he's delivered an impressive body of work over the years. He's written around 100 books for the general (non-magic) public, and over 2 dozen additional works for the mentalism/psychic reading community. Just in sheer numbers alone, that is mind numbing. No hype. Just the facts. (Go ahead, Google him.) If you haven't looked before, check out: http://www.deceptionary.com/webster.html When does this guy sleep?

I bet he types real fast too...

Humbly,
B.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I never considered selling my copy of the white book and never seriously considered selling my copy of the black book.

They are both guaranteed not to sold however, since I recently went through and dog-eared (bad habit, I know) the pages of each of my favorite effects/ideas. Needless to say that both books are thoroughly trashed from the perspective of re-selling; however they are also thoroughly useful to me for a quick scan of my favorite ideas.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Danyel
View Profile
Loyal user
Italy
293 Posts

Profile of Danyel
Following CarlZen and B.Clay, I would only add two things to the general esteem Mr. Webster's name is entitled with. In the first, his work is not only huge in dimension, but its quality makes it always relevant: it's living matter, not losing his edge over time (and this is the characteristic of great Art). Second, we owe to his courage as an author and publisher our knowledge of N. Scryer's work. Many would have refrained from printing such gems, Richard didn't. Another reason for both esteem and gratitude to a man who is so great a part of our craft.
'People who lean on logic and philosophy and rational exposition
end by starving the best part of the mind' -William Butler Yeats
Moderncelt
View Profile
Veteran user
Twin Cities MN
347 Posts

Profile of Moderncelt
I am (sadly? Joyously? ) in seadogs corner. Even though I've had the book for a short while, it is written in the margins and highlighted with a note taking page glued on the inside back cover. For me, it is a working book rather than pleasure reading (which is not to say it isn't a pleasure to read, just my approach is different)
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1440 Posts

Profile of MDantes
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Mine hasn't arrived yet. I know Canadian postal service is a joke.......but 19 days.
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
Alligator had that appen to me waited three weeks till I got it.Its customs that holds things up at times and post office I guess.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
For those in the UK, the guatamalan worry dolls are really cheap on ebay...i got 30 dolls for around a fiver...
I've asked to be banned
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
Thanks for the tip Iain much appreciated.
krakhead
View Profile
Regular user
I have built a fence, it has
126 Posts

Profile of krakhead
Quote:
On 2011-10-17 17:34, IAIN wrote:
For those in the UK, the guatamalan worry dolls are really cheap on ebay...i got 30 dolls for around a fiver...

Excellent, thanks for that Smile
He is a liar. The demon is a liar. He will lie to confuse us. But he will also mix lies with the truth to attack us. The attack is psychological and powerful. So don't listen to him. Remember that - do not listen
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Although this is full of interesting ideas, much of it sadly is not applicable to my style and it is a little over hyped - not a lot, but a little. I even am having thoughts of selling mine but the investment side of it is giving me 2nd thoughts, especially considering what happened with the LBB on ebay. This requires further contemplation. I do promise that should I decide to sell that I will not scan or photostat - I have a good memory and besides, it would be hard on the binding. Need to think.