The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Stealthboard series impression devices. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2013-01-08 12:53, Simon (Ted) Edwards wrote:
Mark, would you please mind clarifying the following:

On http://www.magicshop.co.uk, when one searches for Zust, the following products are listed:

Stealthboard (Masonite, XL Size 9X12) by...... - Trick

Stealthboard Reloaded (Neon, 6X9) by Mark Zust

The description for the latter says, "The same great technology as our premium Stealthboard but in a see-through acrylic low-profile clipboard..."

So it doesn't sound, from the advert, like the new boards are "significantly different from anything else on the market".

Maybe this is why people are reacting the way they are?

Cheers,
T.

Ted, I think you nailed it here.
Pretty much like when a manufacturer ripped off Dick Koorwinder's Kar. It was still a ripoff, just using acrylic instead of wood.

Those who cannot create feel if you paint it blue, you can call it new. But that isn't true.

If it isn't the same as JR's, contact JR and let him say so.

Tony
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I can only guess, but if this new one is not like jon's, and the list of everything else that it isn't - is this basically psypher or PL-a-like? if so, it would be nice to know the inherent differences...
I've asked to be banned
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
The material used in my view is not that relevant - it is the tool itself. Is the board too similar to Riggs?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Perceptionist
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Perceptionist
Thank you, Ted, for your analysis. I appreciate your balanced approach to this issue. I wish I knew why the original Stealthboard ads are still on various dealer sites. My understanding is that the distributor had sent a notice around the end of 2011 or beginning of 2012 that the entire Stealth Series was "discontinued." Yet, it still shows up as "out of stock" on many sites. I have personally contacted Penguin Magic and requested on five separate occasions that the old listings be removed, along with any mention of "in collaboration with John Riggs", but it's still out there. I personally wrote the new copy for the Stealthboard Reloaded, which makes no mention of Mr. Riggs. As for the copy line on the Stealthboard Reloaded Neon: "the same great technology as our premium Stealthboard", this refers to the masonite Stealthboard Reloaded, but I can certainly see how this could be confusing since the old ads are still floating around. I will contact the distributor and ask them if they could again notify the shops they supply and ask them to remove the old ads. Whether the online shops will do anything about it is anybody's guess.
In closing, I am getting weary of defending my creation here, so this will be my last post. Let's put this in context for a moment. I needed a tool for Q&A so I created an impression clipboard in the footsteps of Robert Nelson's Ultra Perfect Clipboard, as many others have done. My approach uses a super sensitive impression sandwich made from a special artificial paper and an impression-capturing material that is neither carbon nor wax "magic slate". There also is no magnetic vinyl employed. This approach, applied to a clipboard, is original to me, as far as I have been able to determine. Most importantly, it's a really effective tool! If you choose to buy and use it, then decide that it works better than other impression devices out there, great. If you choose not to buy it, great. Either way, it's time to move on...
Mark Zust, The Perceptionist. "Changing the world, one mind at a time." Speaking, Training, Entertaining.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Or in short, NO, he will NOT contact John Riggs.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
If its a totally new product - and nothing to do with the stealth board original - I why call it a stealth board at all? Could have distanced it and send a comp to Jon as a colleague and all wold be well
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Now I'm confused. Have either Stealthboard or Stealthboard Reloaded employed the same magnetic sandwhich technology utilizing M**** S****?