The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Bob Cassidy's Guide to The Jinx (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Issue number four, which covers issues 7, 8 and 9 of the Jinx will be available tomorrow at Jheff's site. It contains bonus effects, etc. as well as commentaries on such masterpieces as Annemann's Pseudo-Psychometry.

I'm really pleased at the positive comments that this series has been receiving and am now finishing up the special issue that will cover the first of Annemann's "Extra" editions of the magazine (Spring 1935).

IMPORTANT:

Remember that members of my Master Mind Readers Workshop (see link in my signature) receive a fifty-percent discount on the Commentaries. Note that, for security reasons, the members' coupon code has changed, so they should check the Workshop before ordering.

Good thoughts,

Bob
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Bob--please PM me. Thanks
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Commentary Number 5, which covers Jinx Summer Extra for 1935 AND issue number 10 of The Jinx, is now available at Jheff's Marketplace of the Mind (click the banner ad above). Featured effects, with my variations and comments, include:

Lies! Lies! Lies! (Christ)
Slate Immoratlity (Parrish)
The Impression Moderne (Annemann)
Par-Optic Vision (Annemann)
Bonus- The One Way Marked Deck
Extra Sensory Perception (Annemann)

Plus bonus presentations, more historical background and commentary on nearly two dozen effects.

Good thoughts,

Bob
Interfector
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Interfector
Hello .

Is the project finished ? Or stopped Smile
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Neither. Just completed another long issue and am in the process of writing two more.
RenzIII
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of RenzIII
Hey Bob , are you planning to go thru the entire Jinx ??
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

That's the plan.
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
777 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
How awesome it would be to have this in hardback right alongside Artful Mentalism!
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Quote:
On May 19, 2014, MatthewSims wrote:
How awesome it would be to have this in hardback right alongside Artful Mentalism!

Indeed. A complete HB copy of this would be ideal. Hopefully!
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
What Matthew and tmoca said!
RenzIII
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of RenzIII
Quote:
On May 15, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
That's the plan.

Ok I picked up the first two Bob, I'll have to catch up, so please write slower , lol
BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of BCE
What is the status of this project? I know "Deconstructing Mentalism" is priority and looking forward to that, forgot about the Guide To The Jinx.
The_MetalMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
Indiana
333 Posts

Profile of The_MetalMaster
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2015, BCE wrote:
What is the status of this project? I know "Deconstructing Mentalism" is priority and looking forward to that, forgot about the Guide To The Jinx.

I've been wondering the same thing. I was really enjoying these when they were coming out. I'm very interested in some of Bob's thoughts on many effects in the Jinx
Graymatter_Fireworks
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, GA
359 Posts

Profile of Graymatter_Fireworks
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2015, The_MetalMaster wrote:

I've been wondering the same thing. I was really enjoying these when they were coming out. I'm very interested in some of Bob's thoughts on many effects in the Jinx

I had no idea these even existed. I was recently doing some research on the Jinx and discovered Bob’s notes on the magazine.

I have similar thoughts about Bobs thoughts on the effects in the Jinx, however, these are sadly no longer available and I fear could be lost to time.

-Brandon
"The social world in which we live, determines our experience of what is real." - John Gager
Milo&Tock
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Milo&Tock
Hello, catching up, as you can see, and wondered if DECEPTIVE MENTALISM was ever realeased. Guessing Bob's passing put the kibosh on it?
corindaman
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of corindaman
Ditto