The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Neal Scryer's 'Band of Readers' - Contents only! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
SamNJ
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of SamNJ
At the risk of being flamed by the usual suspects for "hyping" this book, I'll stick my neck out: I spoke with Neal earlier today and he advised me that the book is coming along well and that he is stopping the presses as the result of having gotten some excellent last minute contributions which he and Richard are now reviewing for possible inclusion in the book. He seemed quite excited about some of the submissions.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Holy sh**!

These sound amazing! I don't think it's hype to say how exciting this looks, since these are actual descriptions by contributors.

Sorry for being out of the loop, is there a price yet?
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
SamNJ
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of SamNJ
Seadog93: See the other Band of Readers thread. I responded there to your query regarding the price of the book.
Sam
mysticz
View Profile
Special user
D.C. metro area
680 Posts

Profile of mysticz
I am one of the late additions to Neal's groundbreaking book on readings. I am contributing my personal approach to palmistry and divination. From my 35+ years of professional experience as a palmist in the Washington DC area, I provide practical advice concerning developing your own system as well as hints from my own work. I also include my five rules for more effective readings. I am proud to be a part of Neal's Band of Readers.

Joe Z.
Joe Zabel
"Psychic Sorcery"

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

-- Shakespeare's Hamlet I.v. 174-175
NYNick
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of NYNick
Quote:
On 2012-11-17 20:15, SamNJ wrote:
At the risk of being flamed by the usual suspects for "hyping" this book, I'll stick my neck out: I spoke with Neal earlier today and he advised me that the book is coming along well and that he is stopping the presses as the result of having gotten some excellent last minute contributions which he and Richard are now reviewing for possible inclusion in the book. He seemed quite excited about some of the submissions.

Content only so thanks for talking about when its out. Not content but still great news. Cant waiut to see this.Will be gold.
~NYN
Darrell Mac
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Darrell Mac
Hey guys just got this from Stevens.

Scryer's Band of Readers will be a hard back book with 400 plus pages.
And the price is set at an unbelieveable $199.00.

I hope this helps for anyone curious about the price.

I have a feeling that this is his Final Book and priced as a Thank You and Farewell.

With Respect
DM
Jonathan100
View Profile
Loyal user
292 Posts

Profile of Jonathan100
Although it's clear this book is about reading and not about mentalism I was interested to hear from the contributors whether any of the material can be applied to a mentalist stage or close up show? Of course I mean can it be used in other ways than the regular notion of putting in some cold reading during the revelation to increase the hits.
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
Well, as far as we are concerned ... being completely honest, ... it's difficult regarding our contributions. Barely possible - rather: No.

Obviously reading skills can increase the impact of each and every revelation phase in mentalism routines. But the particular contributions that we offer are rather intended to be applied to genuine readings.

The second of our contributions that I mentioned above shares a method to offer appropriate and meaningful (honestly meaningful!) answers to questions in readings or Q&A performances. And the third contribution I mentioned is a reading tool to deepen a genuine empathic reading in one-on-one settings. Both techniques will hardly fit into a mentalism routine.

That said, the 'Mentalism Training Wheel' that I mentioned offers not only an option for newbies in readings to become more confident, technically it can be used as a kind of 'introduction' in an appropriate mentalism effect too. However, the basic idea wasn't intended for this after all.

Sorry
Th.
Darrell Mac
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Darrell Mac
Thomas I agree with you dear sir.

However, the ability to do readings can be very useful for any Mentalist that is working an event or function. As to most of the Attendees witnessing will be curious if you can provide them with some insight into their current situation. Even if its just a quick Palm Read.

But this is Only after the Mentalist has been perceived by those witnessing to be legitimate and not just a magician doing tricks.

All in all... well put Sir Thomas.

(nods in respect)
Stefan
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Stefan
Assuming the material stays in the final cut you will find an amazing look at reading in the 1800's that could have been written today after my updating some of the language. The man who wrote the 1800's text is credited as a major influence on the formation of the modern WICCA movement. I would have loved to have met this gentleman for an interesting conversation. Then I go back to my roots of some 40 years ago with an essay on channeling.
mysticz
View Profile
Special user
D.C. metro area
680 Posts

Profile of mysticz
I've added a second submission to the new book -- l explain my approach to reading cards using a special layout spread I developed that provides a six-week forecast into the future. I've been using this effective approach in my professional work for over 30 years.

I'm pretty excited about this new book from Scryer!
Joe Zabel
"Psychic Sorcery"

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

-- Shakespeare's Hamlet I.v. 174-175
Stefan
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Stefan
There is a short "think" piece on different ways humans are all connected now and through history. This has some likely importance in conversations about perception,intuition and psychic ability. Some will find a little incidental humor in it too.
Darrell Mac
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Darrell Mac
Hello there everyone, I'm just posting this for anyone who is curious about to who would be in the "Band of Readers". 

There's a wide Variety of Wonderful and Inspirational Contributors: 

The list of these Marvelous thinkers (just keeping you All in the loop) 
are: Richard Webster Jerome Finley, Thomas Heine and Rainer Mees (Paralabs), Palo Santo, Keith Barry, Loyd Auerbach, Evil Dan, Sal Franchino, Ted Karmilovich, Tony Razzano, Jon Stetson, Doc Hilford, Mark Garetz, Joseph A Curcillo,III, Joe Zabel, Marc Salem, Neal Rider, Tony Michaels, Owen Darque, Darrell Mac, Meraux Dantes, Steve Rivkin,  Bill Montana, Monk, Mota, Lady Margaret, Charlote, William Barclay, Ian dunford, Les Cross, Ron Chavis, Witch Doctor, Todd Landman, Luca Volpe, Paul Voodini, Pablo Amira, Daniele Nigris, TC Tahoe, Juan David Arbelaez, Owen Darque, Bill Vangorder.

WOW!!! That's a List. 

Thank you for letting me share this and I trust You all will enjoy. 

Blessed be. 
D. 
Ruben Padilla
View Profile
Loyal user
Narrative Strategist
206 Posts

Profile of Ruben Padilla
Has this released yet?
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
No. End of January, I believe.
Darrell Mac
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Darrell Mac
(Smiles Really BIG)
It has been sent for printing and is 474 pages of pure goodness.

(Heard a whisper from the shadows) And I'm very excited for my copy. Its Just waiting for the proof and it will be ready within a week or Two. But most definitely will be able to purchase before the end of the month.
Darrell Mac
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Darrell Mac
Sorry Guys, it will be ready Before the end of the month.
Stefan
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Stefan
Steven's Magic just annouced the book is going to press and will ship in the next 2 weeks.

A modern classic in the making and over 450 pages of material. This is really like buying 2 books of quality information and material.
Dave Nic
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
247 Posts

Profile of Dave Nic
I hope it doesn't feel like I'm buying 2 books when I open my wallet. :-D
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
354 Posts

Profile of espkeith
Really looking forward to this one. Glad to see they didn't skimp on content for the price. This one sounds like it will qualify as a deadly weapon in most states. Smile