The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Depicting Thoughts Set ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
Hi Ray,

yes, you should definitively order the complete set!
The Ignis Fatuus (marked) set is definitively meant as an addition for those colleagues who work with our DT material.

If there are any further questions - feel free!

CHeers
Th.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I thought so, just wanted to make sure.

Best
Ray
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Just to make it perfectly clear, - technically you can work with our marked picture cards without knowing the DT set as a matter of fact.
But for your question was rather whether you should get the Depicting Thoughts Set in order to get the full benifit of this item, the answer is "Yes"! We collected ideas, techniques, methods, routines, applications and approaches for over five years and assembled them in our Depicting Thoughts book. So you would give away the essence of years of experience by ignoring the Depicting Thoughts set and limiting yourself on the marked picture cards - even if this is technically possible.

Best
Th.
theinternetguru
View Profile
Elite user
I hacked the Café but I still only have
426 Posts

Profile of theinternetguru
I just received my Depicting Thoughts set, ordered from Tannens. What a beautiful collection of tools. The book is well presented and extremely detailed. This was all packed with extreme care, in a manner typical of ParaLabs. I have worked with stacked deck effects for years, but am excited about the possibilities in these cards. As Thomas mentions above, what you can do with the reveal is so much more profound than what is possible with regular playing cards. The images can be linked to the person's memories, for example. And the ability to produce effects of this sort without bringing out a deck of playing cards is refreshing -- more variety in my close up set.

I have no problem with cards in a mentalism act... but when you start looking at these, you realize that you have a means to further distance people from any thought that they might be seeing a card trick.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
6 copies left in the UK at http://www.headhacking.com/products/

Any questions let me know.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Remarkable Marco
View Profile
Veteran user
When I grow up, I want to have
355 Posts

Profile of Remarkable Marco
I am surprised there hasn't been more info available about this. It now appears to be sold only through Stevens.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
You don't speak about it. You just have it. Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
TRI6KED
View Profile
Elite user
UK
421 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
Are the cards positions marked on their backs?
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Not marked.
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Our 50 original Picture Cards are marked on their backs.

If you are interested - this is the number six:

Those who know see it immediately in a glimpse.
Lay people neither expect anything unusual because of the innocent look of the backs;
and even those who are aware of markings more often than not don't find anything.

Just to give those who are interested a chance for comparison, ...
This is number 43:

Cheers
Th.
hotjacket
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of hotjacket
Wow, nice m**king system! It took me a minute or two, and ONLY because I know what to look for.

It's also great because my eyesight is not what it used to be, do I don't need eagle-eye vision to spot it.

I have the set that just says 'Paralabs testing cards" on the back (where Paralabs is split over two lines in an inverted box), are the ones depicted above still available?
Rainer - ParaLabs
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of Rainer - ParaLabs
JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
225 Posts

Profile of JonChase
Just got mine, EXCELLENT. However, for someone with a hand disability may I make a couple of points?
SMALL - I would love it if they could be made larger - I have the older ESP cards and they are very easy to handle - and display. I'm thinking the size of the Phoenix parlour deck. Any plans?
STICKY - The full deck tend to stick in the box making it very hard for me to maintain the stack, although I tend to use elastic bands rather than boxes for this reason.
I also have downloaded the very large ebook... personally, I much prefer video with a performance. Easier for [me] to see where I can add the things I need to fit it in my work.
But other than those entirely personal and selfish things I say again, EXCELLENT - worth every penny.
Thanks guys.
Smiles

Jon Chase

http://jonathanchase.com
santlerconjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of santlerconjurer
I have the original unmarked set, the smaller and larger marked versions, and a set of color photographic "postcards" Tannen's once offered as a supplementary alternative to the classic drawings,

And yes, I've successfully memorized the entire set.

And still, for some reason I can't seem to squeeze entertainment value out of this set. The artwork is excellent, the style is very low-key and consistent all the way from the tens to the forties, but the collection is DULL. Nobody's imagination seems stimulated by these cards. Does the card remind you of, say, a happy time in your life? No? Anything? A sad time? No? Any association? Why are you yawning?

I thought the color poscards would improve the situation, but no, since many of them simply can't be decoded at first glance.

This may all be my fault. Anyone want to buy a complete set, including hard copies of all the original books?