The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Metaphysical Magic by Dr. Todd Landman (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Yup, I figured it was my fault Smile

Thanks Davit.

Looch: I love that yorkie pud, you know I do!

Todd
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Yeah - they put it in very small print at the bottom of their email...they mention giving you a "spotlight" (which does nothing in real terms) - and the i-stuff is right down the bottom...

I didn't see it until recently, and it cost me about £40 in sales...

would have been nice to have had a clear, straightforward email purely about the epub stuff...
I've asked to be banned
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On 2011-09-14 16:46, IAIN wrote:
Yeah - they put it in very small print at the bottom of their email...they mention giving you a "spotlight" (which does nothing in real terms) - and the i-stuff is right down the bottom...

would have been nice to have had a clear, straightforward email purely about the epub stuff...

Well, Genie is out of the bottle now...bugger...just listed it as an option on my products area...
Smoking Camel
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1039 Posts

Profile of Smoking Camel
Quote:
On 2011-09-14 16:46, IAIN wrote:

I'm a bit confused so these dudes just took you,re work n made it available on itunes for what appears to be a reduced price?
I no longer smoke camel cigarettes.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
In a way yes, in a way no...they did "notify" us, but only in the small print...i was never told what they would charge...and I have no option clearly labelled in my storefront to control the price...

all a bit silly,cos I would have done it (and at a slight discount) if they'd been a bit more upfront about it all...
I've asked to be banned
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
So have they listed it in a such a manner that you get less $ per sale? That seems pretty shady to me.

Are they providing it through itunes with DRM? Or it that absent too. I can imagine they must have had a tidal wave of complaints from authors that suddenly find their work available in a non-DRM'd electronic format.
Send me the truth: davitsicseek@gmail.com
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Yeah, I made $9 dollars for selling two books! two books I had no desire to release via itunes!

no idea if its with DRM - its from the american only part of itunes I think...

anyway, lets not derail the thread, its supposed to be about Todd's book...
I've asked to be banned
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
DrTodd:

When I mentioned the ibook edition of "Metaphysical Magic" I knew it was "legit," but didn't know that you hadn't affirmatively approved it (rather than passively by missing the fine print) and, therefore, you were deprived of your fair fair profit. As an author, I'm particularly sensitive to this. Please PM me and let me know what you would normally realize from the sale of this work and I will send you that amount immediately.
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On 2011-09-14 21:49, gmeister wrote:
DrTodd:

When I mentioned the ibook edition of "Metaphysical Magic" I knew it was "legit," but didn't know that you hadn't affirmatively approved it (rather than passively by missing the fine print) and, therefore, you were deprived of your fair fair profit. As an author, I'm particularly sensitive to this. Please PM me and let me know what you would normally realize from the sale of this work and I will send you that amount immediately.

Not to worry Gmeister...I have written to Lulu as I also lost all project files and creator statistics on sales, etc.

Back to the book: it is in four parts and addresses the fundamentals for creating powerful mentalism and has served others well in thinking about how to create new shows. I lectured on this at the Magic Circle in April and since then have had good feedback. I get letters from people for whom the penny drops when they realise that they have all they need for a great premise for a highly personalised form of mentalism.

Best wishes

Dr Todd
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Okay...after some to and fro with Lulu...I found my content and sorted things out...

http://www.todd-landman.com/?page_id=63

I will run with the iPad version and see what happens...

Cheers

Dr Todd