The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: What is ... The Best ESP Effect, ever? (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
~still rubbing his face~

yeah, GREAT fun!

;-)
xxx
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado Springs, Colorado
218 Posts

Profile of WolfgangStiller
Quote:
Chichi broke my brain with this effect this morning...

SOOOOOO GOOOD....

Thanks. You and a few others that I also respect have said this is really good and it is a fooler. I'd still like to know basically what the effect looks like to have an idea if it fits my style.

-Wolfgang
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
If you do effects over the phone and the internet, you can addapt this to your style. If you don't do anything on the radio etc...... this is not for you. Smile
In fact I'm willing to bet that anyone who owns this will say that .."This is not for you" Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
This is the ultimate deal closer...

IMHO
xxx
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado Springs, Colorado
218 Posts

Profile of WolfgangStiller
Quote:
On 2006-11-25 12:29, Slim King wrote:
If you do effects over the phone and the internet, you can addapt this to your style. If you don't do anything on the radio etc...... this is not for you. Smile
In fact I'm willing to bet that anyone who owns this will say that .."This is not for you" Smile

Thanks, I don't currently do anything over the radio but I do exchange emails with potential clients so I am considering this....
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
Awesome concept and application. Slim done really good on this one!

The Doctor
The Doctor Knows.....
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I would go with the Mental Epic Board. I got great applauses from performing it.
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
Slim's effect is ESPecially good!
Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
chanor
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
104 Posts

Profile of chanor
The best ESP effect par excellence is Rhinesense.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Hey one of the low lifes selling what is not theirs just turned up on the Mentalist Sanctum trying to sell the knock of vertion of this.
(The knock off of the Wizard is Back)

I will say right out I would post your name if Dave had not said he was square with you.

But that may change real soon becouse of this recent developement.

-Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
This is very upsetting! Smile
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I am very upset about this. I've contacted my Lawyer once again!
Out of comman decency I have not mentioned names, but I will if this is true.
What's with these RIP OFF PEOPLE!!!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Brane
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia, USA
272 Posts

Profile of Brane
There are a number of excellent ESP type effects. Different presentations for different personalities and situations.
I tend to do my best brain-frying when it involves a lovely woman and we're sitting, one-on-one in a nice quiet chat. I have an image as palm reader anyway, so 'reading people' is implied, I think. They expect that I'm just a bit different (in some undefined way) than other people.

John Riggs, in one of his great books, has a routine called "Hell Fire." (I think.)
It's a take off on Curry's Probability Zero. (There are a few variants of this out and about that are good.)

In effect, the woman involved seems to have at least as much ESP as I do - perhaps it's a 'special bond' or something? It uses business cards and the woman making careful, intuitive choices - sight unseen - and eventually is shown to have been very accurate!
And you're clean at the end, all the business cards in play are innocent. In my own version, she doesn't 'intuit'/ guess things like numbers or colors, but rather works to FEEL certain emotions.

This allows you to choose which emotions you want her to try and feel. A wise person will understand and make use of her simulated feelings. (You get four: Which four and in which order?) Hint: What effect - perhaps cumulatively - will feeling these emotions - and surely triggering appropriately linked memories - have on her psyche?

The women are often very stunned and silent for a while after this. THOSE are the kinds of reactions I like to get. Not only has my ability been demonstrated, but HER intuitive potentials have proven to be unusually strong! Everyone likes to feel THAT way, yes?
(It can't be a 'I have the power over your inferior mind' situation or a challenge or puzzle!)

I don't like ESP routines that feel like some sort of 'tricks.' Clever plastic props or strange printed cards that no real human carries with them. Something with the uncommon scent of 'magic shop' on it!

It should be something - like a good C***** T*** - that is simple, direct and does only ONE amazing thing. That is: It shows that your mind - and that woman's mind - are very obviously, mysteriously linked!
And, too, it should be played with your very best acting abilities - as THAT'S where the magic is - the mood, the feelings! YOU must BELIEVE in what is happening!
The experiment MAY not - and perhaps probably CAN'T - really be successful. But, ***, then it IS!

Wonder. Awe. The beauty of the mysterious. Isn't that why WE are here, too? Isn't that what WE want to feel - as well as create if for someone else?

brane
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
Slim say it aint so, I thought this problem was squared away. Let me know what I can do to help. This needs to be stoped
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Wish I could! But it is.....Same person, same name, same ripp off!
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

This proves it Slim, people are only as good as their word.
And for some people, that's not saying much!
John LeBlanc
View Profile
Special user
Houston, TX
524 Posts

Profile of John LeBlanc
Quote:
On 2007-02-15 21:41, Jim-Callahan wrote:
Hey one of the low lifes selling what is not theirs just turned up on the Mentalist Sanctum trying to sell the knock of vertion of this.
(The knock off of the Wizard is Back)

Anyone who has spent even a little time reading my blog knows my position on intellectual property theft. This is just a notice that I am working behind the curtain to get this resolved. I like to keep the Sanctum carpet clean.

John
Escamoteurettes, my blog.

"One thought fills immensity." -- William Blake
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

John:

Having read your writings on the subject, I have no doubts.

Tony
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I appreciate everyones support. This kind of thing depresses me, among other things, but I'm very pleased with all those who have PMed and emailed me.
Thanks All
Dave
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Sorry to hear of your troubles, Slim. I hope you nail 'em.

SW