The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: A tangled web we weave... :: New website and blog! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
455 Posts

Profile of Morgan Strebler
Hey Everyone,

My new website and blog just launched. Its still under construction with new content being added daily. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

http://www.themanwhobendssteel.com

Thanks,

Morgan
Morgan
<BR>
<BR>http://www.morganstrebler.com
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4011 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Hi, Morgan...

Spent a few minutes browsing your website. Since you asked, here are some impressions:

1) The splash screen is very effective. But I think some people may be confused by the object created...especially those who will sit there waiting for something else to happen.

2) I think the splash screen needs at least a line of explanation. Tell me why I am seeing it, that you bend steel and that I should click HERE to continue.

3) The images are outstanding. But they are the same pose over and over. Maybe some different looks would be an excellent addition.

4) The video rocks.

5) Very clean, fast loading professional site. But the gray tones got to me after a while. You might want to consider putting ONE thing in color because it will carry a ten-fold emphasis.

6) A breeze to navigate.

Overall? I wouldn't contact you for a comedy show. The sense I get is of a very serious performer -- outstanding references. Very credible. Very professional.

To be completely honest, though, I have the idea there's something missing...something that is uniquely "you" -- other than the bending of steel angle. I don't know what would make this site really stand out from the other sites of other performers.

Just some thoughts for what they're worth.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
monstercreations
View Profile
Regular user
England
116 Posts

Profile of monstercreations
Hi,
Splash Pages are bad for usability and bad for SEO.
You have great promo shots and have hardly used them only on the photos page. Seems a shame.
Your blog is a completely different style from the rest of the site.
The site seems a bit grey, needs some sort of accent to it.

Like the info stuff at the bottom.

I'd love to design your site with the content and photos you have!
Ade
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Morgan, good to see you. I like the new look and it is a beautiful site. I'm sure many are looking forward to the new liquid silver.