The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: A tangled web we weave... :: BJW - Magical Jewelers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5207 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I found many fine Magical Themed Jewelry here:

http://www.magicaljewelersbjw.com/

How about quality and service?
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Very interesting products.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Is the Site down? I just read Geni Mag but I cant get the Page to open.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
It appears to be down right now, maybe too many hits after the article came out.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
That Sucks I'm interested in the M ring and the necklace.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Site appears to be back up now. Gay, Robbie, and Harriet do a great job with the jewelry. The all three show up to major conventions in the dealer room.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Got it, my main concern is the M ring, ive always liked it and would love to get one. Thanks for the heads up.
Loopback
View Profile
Veteran user
Lincoln, Nebraska
359 Posts

Profile of Loopback
I have one of the puzzle rings like they show. I got it in Turkey some years ago. that's a good price for a neat ring.
housermagic
View Profile
New user
In the mountains
71 Posts

Profile of housermagic
I've been looking for a puzzle ring to replace one I lost. Now I know where to find one.
Bill
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
FYI, I have the M-Ring and the Quality is very well. I have known Harriet for a number of years and Jewelery is her business. My wife also has purchased a few pieces and really likes the workmanship. BJW is a GREAT Place to deal with and you will receive GOOD Customer Service. If you cannot get a hold of anyone PM me and I will call Harriet for you and in turn give her your phone number.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Anywhere online to get an accurate Ring size? I wont be home for the next five days to go check.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1542 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I ordered an M-Ring from BJW at their booth during Magic Live 2022 in May. I was quoted 1 month before it would ship. When 1 month had passed and I hadn't heard anything, I used the contact email at the BJW website to reach out and ask the status. I did not receive a reply. I subsequently called and eventually spoke with Harriet. She reported that she sometimes doesn't receive the emails that are sent to the email address listed on the website. She gave me an alternate email address, which has worked fine. (I don't know why they don't change the email listed on the website, but whatever.) Anyway, in mid-June, Harriet told me it would be 2 more weeks. Unfortunately, that turned out to be an overly optimistic estimate. It is now 6 weeks later and I still do not have the M-Ring. On Tuesday, Harriet emailed that she would be picking up a batch of M-Rings on Friday (yesterday) and mine would ship today (Saturday). Nope. Today Harriet reports that the maker (who has apparently been jerking her around for 2 months already) over-polished all of the M-Rings, rounding off one part of the ring to the point that they are not acceptable. Back to square one, the M-Rings all have to be remade. Harriet is quoting August 16. That would be 3 months from the order date.

While I'd love to have an M-Ring and certainly would love to support Harriet and Gay with some business, at this point I do not have confidence in the jewelry designer/maker that BJW is using to make the M-Rings. I fear that "August 16" will become "August 30" and then September 15 and so on. I have requested a refund. Down the road, when BJW has a new maker to cast and polish the M-Rings, perhaps I can finally get one.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1542 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I want to be very clear... I do NOT have any negative feelings toward Harriet or Gay or toward BJW. Clearly, the issue for my order is with the person who makes (casts) and polishes the M-Rings. The sub-contractor, if you will. Obviously, Harriet isn't happy about the delays and issues. She would fix it in a heartbeat, if she could. She even offered to send along a bonus gift for the hassle.

Mark
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1542 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
After sleeping on it, I have decided to wait and hope/pray that the ring maker will get it right this time and there won't be any further delays. I'm letting my order stand. Fingers crossed I don't regret it.

Mark
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1542 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
My M Ring arrived from BJW today. It's very nice. I am a happy camper and I'm glad I decided to wait. It took a little over 3 months (from date of order to delivery) but it was worth it.

Mark
Gwydeon
View Profile
New user
Germany
6 Posts

Profile of Gwydeon
Mh, the link on the intial post seems broken, guess this should be the right shop?
https://www.bjwmagicaljewelers.com/
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1542 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2022, Gwydeon Lichtertanz wrote:
Mh, the link on the intial post seems broken, guess this should be the right shop?
https://www.bjwmagicaljewelers.com/

Yes, that is the correct link,

Mark