The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: A tangled web we weave... :: Testamonials (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mikael Eriksson
View Profile
Inner circle
None of your business
1064 Posts

Profile of Mikael Eriksson
Quote:
On 2010-12-13 13:43, Dick Christian wrote:

If by "fix" you mean change, modify or edit, it might not be silly or childish but it would certainly be unethical to cite a "testimonial" that does not accurately quote what the author said because it would then no longer be a "testimonial."

Ok, you lost me... unethical? If that is exactly what she said, how can it be unethical?

Quote:
On 2010-12-13 13:43, Dick Christian wrote:
BTW, do I understand that what you quoted is a "testimonial" from a FIVE YEAR OLD? Why in the world would you expect a potential client to make a decision whether or not to hire you based on the opinion of a 5 year old? On what conceivable basis would a 5 year old be qualified to render a judgment on the quality of a performer?

Beacause all that matters for a potential client is this: Do children use to like this magician?

A 5 year old does not need to be qualified to judge the quality of the performer, she only has to be able to feel "this was great!".

For someone else that said that maybe I was joking. No, I meant every single word. Let me clarify my question:

ALTHOUGH a 5 year old is as good as anybody giving a testimonial, could it be that there are adults (clients) that does not understand this, and who would find a testimonial from a 5 year old "silly/childish"?
Mikael Eriksson
View Profile
Inner circle
None of your business
1064 Posts

Rpierce, I'm sorry I kind of hijacked your thread, that was not my meaning Smile
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
A testimonial from a five year old is fine, I guess, if you are doing kiddie magic shows as you seem to be saying you do. I thought "Inner Thoughts" was about mentalism. That's why I thought you were joking.
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2619 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Quote:
On 2010-12-13 23:37, rpierce wrote:
This got a little off track, the question I asked was whether or not anyone has a Comment Box at their shows with ready-made comment cards to solicit testimonials. Good, Bad or Garbage?

To answer Ray's question, I have a post-event comment form that is sent to every client for whom I (or any of the other performers my agency represents) perform.

In addition to asking for responses to specific questions (e.g., Did we handle your inquiry and subsequent contacts in a friendly, courteous and professional manner? Did we provide the services we described and that you expected? Did you receive fair value for your entertainment dollar? Would you recommend us to others? etc., etc.). The form also provides space for additional comments and remarks -- and specifically asks if we have permission to include the client's comments in our promotional material and whether or not we may give the client as a reference (getting permission to do either is essential). The form is pre-addressed and post paid so all the client has to do is check the appropriate boxes, add any comments/remarks (either pro or con), refold and staple or tape the form and put it in their outgoing mail.

I find that about 20% of our clients fill-out and return the form and it is from those forms that we extract comments for use in our promotional material and/or provide references.
Dick Christian
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13023 Posts

Profile of John C
Carry a flip video and take a video testimonial on the spot!! Don't use age 6 though unless they are very mature.

J
Mikael Eriksson
View Profile
Inner circle
None of your business
1064 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-12-14 13:10, mastermindreader wrote:
I thought "Inner Thoughts" was about mentalism. That's why I thought you were joking.

Yes, I understand that now. I should have checked what forum I was in.

Thank you for the input, and everybody else too.