The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Nothing up my sleeve... :: Eddie Joseph novel Coin vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of DrVG
I m looking for all alternative sources of this trick (already checked conjuring archives but I m trying to find other sources, some may have been shown in a Penguin Live, maybe Dan Harlan on Tarbell or a At The Table) :

a coin is folded then vanished in an (ungimmicked) silk/handkerchief/cloth ,
a channel can be formed with the silk to secretly slide and dispose of the coin (or to make it travel from one hand to the other).
A knot may bee used as well to secure the coin in the middle. (i think inspired from Al Baker s coin and silk trick in Secret Ways).

thanks
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Michigan
2903 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Pat Page had a clever coin vanish using a silk, he showed at a lecture. Not sure if it was a variation of Joseph's or something different.
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Hi Tom, thanks a lot for your kind input. I m familiar with Pat Page s vanish, though I can t remember the name of it . Actually come to mind : the Tom Stone method in Toast for Charon, the Vernon method and Cervon alternative too (Revelation book).

I m really looking for material using the Eddie Joseph method itself.

hope more suggestions will flow Smile
ajb6864
View Profile
Special user
Greece
638 Posts

Profile of ajb6864
The routine/sleight by Eddie Joseph is called 'Evaporation' and is found on page 7 of his booklet - "Original Tricks".

Hope that helps?

Alan