The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Nothing up my sleeve... :: Whatever happened to Mickey Silver? (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I am cleaning out some old boxes of magic and found a Mickey Silver DVD that he was giving away back before 2008.

It is a performance only DVD and I think he was going to release a DVD with explanations later. I have been out of magic since 2008 and I remember how great his DVD was received and how much I was looking forward to him explaning how he did his tricks.

What's he doing now?
Tom Wolf
View Profile
Special user
Harrison, Ohio
580 Posts

Profile of Tom Wolf
Mickey is doing just fine. He is working in Las Vegas.

Best to you..

Tom Wolf
The magic director and performer at the Rincon Gaucho supper club in Mexico City,

We opened the first and only close-up room for magic in Mexico with Wolf Ruvinskis.
have several new coin vanishes and routines to share shortly just as soon as I can find someone to film them for me.

Now living in Harrison, Ohio
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4912 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Thanks Man! Any word On the DVD ??? Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I bet Mr. Silver is dreaming up more coin magic to show us, dazzle us with
elainevblaine
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of elainevblaine
Where is that 9000 page post where he talks about showing his retention pass for 5 years and then never shows anything? Ha. He was a master. It was going to be like the second coming when coinies got their hands on that little move. They waited patiently and zenly defended the premise of waiting 5 years so they could "study" everything a bit more. Silver was training them. He reached almost godlike status and did nothing but perform a coin trick without tipping it. It was genius. Hi Ho Silver. Away!
MICKEY SILVER
View Profile
Elite user
Boston, Ma.
442 Posts

Profile of MICKEY SILVER
" I AM ON MY WAY BACK" .......
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I don’t believe Mickey ever planned to reveal the details.

I think he'd be foolish to do so.

Jim
That1MagicGuy
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of That1MagicGuy
I'm looking forward to it.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10964 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
MICKEY WILL NEVER EVER RELEASE ANYTHING IN DETAIL
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
746 Posts

Profile of canaday
If he tipped it, you couldn't do it anyway. I have been on his case for years to release his dice chink a chink routine.
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
Mickey is going strong in LV. He won't reveal the mechanics of the "move" because it is not just mechanical.

In the past, he actually explained it in posts here, but most magicians missed the points he was making - that the psychology used is more important. His ROV is flawless, but many magicians have a great ROV. What makes Mickey's so good is that his presentations are loaded with his own (genius) style of misdirection. If you just do it mechanically the same, it won't have the same effect without all the subtleties that make Mickey special.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1431 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Great point. I am realizing this finally too. presentation is what makes a very good trick a miracle.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
If Mickey Silver's Silver Retention Vanish is still important to you, and you want JUST the "mechanics", it IS taught. A book by Larry Barnowsky called "21st Century Coin Mechanics" details it entirely as "The Universal Retention Vanish". The DVD that goes with it, shows the various moves. Eating the coin, showing the coin before vanishing, etc. The DVD alone is available, but not many hard copies left. Five or six, I think. Anyway:

http://www.barnowskymagic.com/21CCMDVD.html

Doug
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Ill never forget seeing zmickys coin thru glass door. I about fell over. 👍
Tom Wolf
View Profile
Special user
Harrison, Ohio
580 Posts

Profile of Tom Wolf
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2018, Dougini wrote:
If Mickey Silver's Silver Retention Vanish is still important to you, and you want JUST the "mechanics", it IS taught. A book by Larry Barnowsky called "21st Century Coin Mechanics" details it entirely as "The Universal Retention Vanish". The DVD that goes with it, shows the various moves. Eating the coin, showing the coin before vanishing, etc. The DVD alone is available, but not many hard copies left. Five or six, I think. Anyway:

Doug
Hi Doug, you are CORRECT, the coin move he teaches has already been taught. I know his coin move. Save your money, buy Larrys Move and you have it...onward
The magic director and performer at the Rincon Gaucho supper club in Mexico City,

We opened the first and only close-up room for magic in Mexico with Wolf Ruvinskis.
have several new coin vanishes and routines to share shortly just as soon as I can find someone to film them for me.

MICKEY SILVER
View Profile
Elite user
Boston, Ma.
442 Posts

Profile of MICKEY SILVER
[quote]On Apr 22, 2019, Tom Wolf wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2018, Dougini wrote:

Doug
Hi Doug, you are CORRECT, the coin move he teaches has already been taught. I know his coin move. Save your money, buy Larrys Move and you have it...onward [/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Doug , hope you are well my friend ( omg its been so long Smile ) ... I have “ NEVER TAUGHT MY MOVE TO ANYONE” , my move was never taught and cannot be taught by anyone other than myself. Larry has excellent moves with his coins but they are “ HIS MOVES” and one shouldn’t discredit Larry by saying they are Mickey Silver Moves , after all Larry worked very hard in creating his moves his way ....We should not take that away from him its very unfair. Tom Wolf is telling everyone to save their money because he is under the impression I am selling my move , unfortunately Tom has made this up and I am selling NOTHING , ...... EITHER WAY ! Love both you guys but just wanted to clarify these statements Smile
Tom Wolf
View Profile
Special user
Harrison, Ohio
580 Posts

Profile of Tom Wolf
Ickey, I never said that you where going to sell your "cOin move I know how to do your coin move. I was taught your move by someone you taught it to. I am sure you don't want me to prove it do you? Why would you want to sell your version when many of us already know it. I wish you well. Tom Wolf

MICKEY SILVER
View Profile
Elite user
Boston, Ma.
442 Posts

Profile of MICKEY SILVER
There seems to be a problem here Tom Wolf and there shouldn’t be. Would this be because you contacted me over and over these past few months at my home here in Las Vegas and continued on and on to ask me about showing you that one coin move of mine you were so interested in and wanted to learn. I was extremely considerate and nice to you and explain my concept of this move to you and even shot you over a few private videos but I don’t think you understood my thinking in the art of Sleight Of Hand Magic...... So with this said Tom, I am not sure why you are bringing my name up here on the Café in a very bitter & angry manner . We here on the Café would be absolutely honored to see how excellent you do this move you call mine.... Please make us a video and show us if you feel you must prove something to yourself, its ok we love coin magic here you know that .... Either way Tom , no matter what type of coin moves you have or do I will always be very proud of you as I am sure everyone else here on the Café will be too!!!

See Tom , My goal has always been to “ ENTERTAIN PEOPLE” with the art of coin magic & other magic as opposed to telling people how I am doing what I do. This is why you do not see me selling anything at this time. I am so sorry Tom, I don’t really know what else I can say to you buddy other than you must appreciate your very own knowledge and skills you yourself hold in Magic and focus on what it is you truly want to do with this talent of yours..

Love ya Brother, stay strong
FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
294 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
Hi Mickey. Your moves are yours and you are certainly free to share or not. My only question is that NEVER is a long time. How can you (and are you interested in) saving your magic for posterity? Would you consider making a video/book and archiving it to be released when you retire? That is my own selfishness speaking because I always hope that the magic is passed on and whether I can afford it, or even learn it to any decent extent, it will be out there for future generations. Any of us can get hit by the proverbial bus and... well... wishing you a long and happy life!! Smile
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Did the bus pass?