The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Nothing up my sleeve... :: The Boss' Coin Thru Glass (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
caligari
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of caligari
Hi everyone,

So we were having our regular tavern session last night and the Boss surprised us with this little piece, which he was just having fun with. He's got loads more endings for this one! Seated, standing etc. you name it and he just had tons of ways to do it!

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tFXh5ryhuI
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Awesome! Again, a simple piece of magic but it's very powerful. We don't need any of this crazy magic, we just need the classics Smile
kardillusions
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, AB
544 Posts

Profile of kardillusions
I am absolutely LOVIN it! The final phase is perfect- soooo magical, and it's simplicity at it's best.

Rannie- great job. Really. Loved it.

...But I'm gonna PM you with a thought.

Scott.
www.hermitmagic.com
Hermit Magic Magazine
Instagram: @hermitmagicmag
Subscribe today!
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
This was waiting in a PM for me when I woke this morning and I gotta say it was a great way to start my day! Rannie is always gig'n me about being from the dark side due to my card work Smile but I've gotta admit he keeps me inspired w/ coins!

It's tricks like this that keep me motivated!

Thanks Hermano,

MMc
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10964 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
WOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW
YOU SAY IMPOSSIBLE?????

SOME SAY IT CAN'T BE ?????

RANNIE SAY WHY CAN'T IT BE

I SAY ,,, Rannie Raymundo - Why Can't It Be

BOSS KEEP EM COMMING
VINNY
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
Hard as Simple
Simple as Beatiful

Excelente my friend!
-------------------------------------------
Asombro...lo más elevado a que puede llegar el hombre

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
871 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
Simple and direct....

Really a Boss style

Cheers

Andre
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4691 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
I particularly like the coin up thru the table.
Special sale! FREE magician T shirt (a $25 value, only L or XL - see link) while supplies last with each purchase of MIGRATE ($35 ppd USA) Magnetic Coins ($40 ppd USA) or Conviction Prediction ($45 ppd
https://youtube.com/shorts/GbIwPoZ8qy4?si=eqxR6X6XGynLf3ET
inquire for ordering information here or to rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Good stuff Rannie. Honestly, the first penetration was ok. However, the second penetration as well as the coin going through the table were awesome! I really liked those parts.

-Bill
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2900 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Great job Rannie, keep em coming.

Tom
MortenN
View Profile
Veteran user
Norway
338 Posts

Profile of MortenN
Very nice....

-Morten-
jhereg
View Profile
Regular user
Petaluma California
121 Posts

Profile of jhereg
A thing of beauty, to be sure!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9539 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Glad to see so much interest again in this old classic. Like I say in my download, there are lots of ways to do it and Rannie's take is a nice way to do it as well. Good job my friend. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Nice work Rannie,
I liked the clean up, I was watching and wondering if you were gonna do a clean up or just end it. Glad to see you did. It shows what you do at the end of a routine is just as important as the beginning and end, it can make it or break it.
Its a keeper
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
solidimageartsllc
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
176 Posts

Profile of solidimageartsllc
Rannie, now THAT was fun! Totally love the pacing, payoff and cleanup. What can I say that I haven't said to you in person? You're awesome! -Dan
Take infinite pain to make something look effortless - Michelangelo
Rickbc
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Rickbc
Awesome routine Smile Loved the coin thru table/chair. What a killer Smile effect
MB's effects are at
www.vinnymarini.com
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1283 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Good stuff man!
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Thank you guys! Its something I have been doing for years. I just put all the methods together to make one full routine. I used to do it separately. I think its a great walk, around anytime worker. The first phase sets you up for a repeat. I usually end there. If they say "do it again"...I go for the last phase.

I have been performing this again and again for the past days. I almost forgot how strong it is. The routine made it stronger than ever. Give it a try fellas!

Thank you Caligary for posting the video for all to enjoy and hopefully get some ideas from. Nothing is really new in magic these days. Same goes with the moves. Probably the touches and the combination to allow a fluid routine. There are many ways to end clean in the end. I have 5 methods to do it.

I suggest you check out the Famiglia site. Vinny and Marion has coin to glass stuff to offer.

Oh...I must mention...Its great to see old friends in this thread.

Mabuhay from Manila!

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Combining Ray's idea with Marion's Blast approach to the first phase stays in their "famiglia".
Like Michael Rubinstein, I love the idea of the coin coming up through the table as a second effect to form a complete routine.

Now to add my two cents: you could do this even more deceptive for magicians and lay people alike by using crumpled bills and Nicolas Night gimmick.

Congratulations and gratitude to all the members of the "famiglia"
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
As good as always, my brother!
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/