The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Nothing up my sleeve... :: The Visible Coin Assembly (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
John Pezzullo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sydney AUSTRALIA
354 Posts

Profile of John Pezzullo
Jay Sankey's 'The Visible Coin Assembly', when published in "Sankey Panky" back in 1986, was described as a trick for the future. This was due to the fact that, at the time of publication, there wasn't an 'invisibe thread' available on the market that was both strong enough and invisble enough to use in the effect.

Now that Kevlar thread has arrived, will 'The Visible Coin Assembly' become a trick that can actually be performed?
"One arrow. One life."
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
Has anyone really use the Kevlar thread before? Is it stronger/ better than the old ITs? Smile
Bernard Sim
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
In my experience, it is a bit stronger, but it's also more visible. I doubt that it would be strong enough for this effect. I have, however, done the effect with regular thread to good response. those of you who think about this will understand how.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page