The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Nothing up my sleeve... :: Millikens transposition (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Odd, I've always though of the "Three Coin Click Pass" as David Roth's, as described in either "Coinmagic" or "Expert Coin Magic". The name of the move seems to come from there.

I saw John Kennedy do his final sequence for the Milliken transposition back in the early 80's, and he didn't use the "Three Coin Click Pass" at that time, as least, he used "Click Pass b" from Bobo's. He could have changed methods.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Thanks Dan,
I will check it out on the weekend. It seems strange as I seem to remember every other coin routine he does on the DVD (Copper/Silver/Brass, Coin + Card Matrix, Free Flight, Okito routine).
Owen
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Curtis, Just so we are all on the same page (I think we are), it's the click pass where:

The right hand has a coin Classic Palmed and then false transfers a coin to the left hand, really retaining it in right Fingertip rest.

The last visible coin is tossed into the left hand and the right hand Classic Palmed coin is released to clink against the coin in Right Fingertip rest. This occurs as the visible coin lands into the left hand. The clink sounds like it occured from the left hand, but it really occured in the right.
Click to visit:
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Dan, I know that as the Roth "Three Coin Click Pass". Have you tried Kainoa's version with the drop from EG to Nowhere?
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
juggler13
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of juggler13
Hey Curtis,I have tried that with some success.It is pretty hard though.
Hank Miller
View Profile
New user
Denver, CO
31 Posts

Profile of Hank Miller
Quote:
On 2005-01-05 16:11, Dan Watkins wrote:
Curtis, Just so we are all on the same page (I think we are), it's the click pass where:

The right hand has a coin Classic Palmed and then false transfers a coin to the left hand, really retaining it in right Fingertip rest.

The last visible coin is tossed into the left hand and the right hand Classic Palmed coin is released to clink against the coin in Right Fingertip rest. This occurs as the visible coin lands into the left hand. The clink sounds like it occured from the left hand, but it really occured in the right.

That is correct. It is a great illusion. If you start the routine simulating the same moves when tossing the other coins into your hand, it is nearly impossible to tell the difference.

I love it!!
-Hank Miller
What about the Miller Shuffle???
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
English pennies make a nice contast to the quarters.

Anyone use Curtis's idea of using Scotch and Soda set(s)?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
van
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of van
I normally do the routine with 50 Peso coins and 20 centavo coins.
Later Ya'll

Van
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
It's pretty nice as an "impromptu" trick using quarters and pennies. I've also worked out a couple of handlings where all coins end up in one hand, both with and without gimmicks.
aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
188 Posts

Profile of aheller5
Is there a video to see what is the effect?
NicholasD25
View Profile
Veteran user
387 Posts

Profile of NicholasD25
By the way, I’m the guy who was doing the three coin click pass back in the 70’s, before Roth’s book was published. I originally developed it as a way to toss two coins from my right hand to my left hand and then immediately show that they were back in the right hand. I showed it to Bob and to Harvey Rosenthal who came up with a nice CSB coins across using the move. But the move was perfect for the Millikin’s Transposition kicker ending.
frankw
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of frankw
Where can I find the John Kennedy version of the trick?