The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Nothing up my sleeve... :: Mechanism to deliver coin to hand invisibly... (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
A method that I like for initial loads, is to use a small cloth pouch to store/carry the coins to a performance.
So, for a 2 in the hand/1 in the pocket type trick: 4 coins are kept in the pouch; I grab the closed end of the pouch at the bottom, and then start opening the top drawstring with the right (and look as if inspecting the coins). As I do this, the left hand is squeezing away all but 1 coin (and getting a grip on the 1 through the cloth.) I then tip the bag over and dump out 3 coins onto the table. As people look at those coins, I casually move the bag over to the right hand, drop the remaining coin into the right as the right continues the motion to the side, and drop the bag off to the side.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1415 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Copeland Coins "Traveler" and Tony Miller's Real Man's Coin Wallet, are perfect for this.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1415 Posts

Profile of Jerry
I have done more research.

Avoid these items:

Black Widow (no longer available, except after market). Old gamblers system. Well made. NOT short sleeves.

Gonzo - Great if the spectators are toe to toe standing on a ladder (watch the demo video if you think I am kidding). Black Widow rip-off. NOT short sleeves.

Hidden Hand - You will scream in anger when you open the box (Materials/construction vs cost). Terrible angles. You can actually see the ring in the performance. NOT short sleeves.

Invisible Hand (personally got sucker punch on this one). Really old principle, that has been published several times for decades. Not updated or improved. Very expensive fishing line.

Paul Diamonds Phantom (I know, I know - made you laugh).

Most are lame Raven wanna-be, that "improved" the method. With terrible angle problems, and very limited arm mobility. Most do not show how to get into the device.

I define short sleeves as - sleeves that do not past the biceps. Not - roll-up long sleeves.
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Everyone, thank you for sharing your input. The most appropriate solution I have thus far is just to use a Florentine Style holdout which is basically like a Black Widow.

I really want to perform the piece sleeveless but the cleanness of the load would be compromised. Thus I was seeing if there was anything publicly released that would solve this issue.

I do own a Hidden Hand and although I cannot see it as being valuable for a live performer, I see great value in it for video work. Or doing something one on one as a rare performance. I am trying to work out a Florentine Holdout that is sleeveless but ultimately it wouldnt be realistic except for video work.
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Jerry I am using rolled long sleeves if I ultimately can. Rolled right above the elbow. There have been such great submissions on this topic, especially the 'now you see it' device. But due to the movements I am needing to do right before the reveal of a coin, that kind of billiard ball principle wouldnt be possible. Although I am going to buy that DVD for other applications.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1415 Posts

Profile of Jerry
I am going to continue my research on this.

I have the following being sent/purchased.
"The Art of Eddie Joseph" has the Mirage Holdout.
Jack Miller Hold Out Miracles DVD and PDF of the book. One of the first complete holdout devices resource. Although I am certain this item goes way back.

Reviewed Alan Alan dual control. Which is almost exactly like the Hidden Hand, expect it came out in the 1950's.

Also going through the usual suspects - Greater Magic; Pallbearer Review; Apocalypse and more as I search the library.

DJ, can you tell us more about the Florentine Style holdout? I have never heard of it.

Will update as I found new/old information.

If you don't want something found, put it in a book.
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Will PM you about the Florentine Jerry.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1415 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Reconsidering the Black Widow and Trabucco holdouts.

Currently reading a 8 page posting on Trabucco and then a 34 page Black Widow post!

Still need to finish Eddie Fisher (Mirage holdout) and Jack Miller/Tannen holdout miracle book.

I know DJ said no jacket. The Trabucco does not require a jacket, hence my reconsidering.

There is a no or short sleeve houldout cheating gambler's use. I can not recall the exact name. In the act of folding your arms the desire object is extracted. I have to go through my card cheating material to get a source. I went into the crypt where I keep my books, the primary mission was to get Tommy Wonder book volume two that go over the Miller houldout. I go back for the card cheating later.

The Black Widow, is for my interests, but working with it if I get it, may give insight to a short sleeve variant.
charlie_d
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of charlie_d
Eric Jones has a method in his "Oxy Clean" routine that might suit; he has his sleeves rolled up above the elbow. Not sleeveless, and it's accompanied by careful choreography, but it's a very nice low-tech way to do what you need; your hands are legitimately empty to begin with. Eric also covers Chris Korn's "Korn production" on his first "Metal" DVD, which is a pure sleight approach, nicely choreographed, that might make you rethink the need for mechanical assistance? The effect is that the hands are casually shown to be empty then the coin is produced apparently from nowhere. Although it's sleight of hand, it's very much at the easier end of the scale.

The "oxy clean" method would work with a long sleeved t-shirt, with sleeves rolled up. A Tshirt might be difficult, but it could still be doable.

Joe Mogar's "Pocket Pal" or something similar might work, again with a bit of careful choreography. Mark Mason also supplies something similar as a simple add-on to the triception set; there are a few published routines that involve this sort of thing.

TKO 2.0 with a button up shirt, like Vinny said.

Re: the florentine holdout; I really don't think that would work at all. It barely works even with sleeves and it'd be super suspicious imo. Great for stage, but not for a sleeveless coin production.

Another principle that might work is Brian Platt's "Blackout", which can be used for a sleeveless production where your hands are legitimately empty at the start. You can even follow up with a vanish where your hands end up legitimately empty. Like everything else, this item has its own issues, but depending on your conditions, it might work.

Good luck with it; let us know how it goes...!
Psy1
View Profile
New user
Atanta
22 Posts

Profile of Psy1
Has anyone used Copeland Coins device called Blackbird? It looks extremely well made and could be a very efficient way to load coins (billets?) into your hands. https://www.copelandcoins.com/collection......lackbird
martonikus
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of martonikus
Pocket Pal from Joe Mogar Magic.
Joseph Mitchell
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Joseph Mitchell
How about a spring loaded coin gun hidden in your jacket which shoots the coin at high speed into your awaiting hand? Turn the setting too high and you get a Stigmata effect as a bonus.
KungFuMagic
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of KungFuMagic
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2021, Psy1 wrote:
Has anyone used Copeland Coins device called Blackbird? It looks extremely well made and could be a very efficient way to load coins (billets?) into your hands. https://www.copelandcoins.com/collection......lackbird

While it is certainly a stunning looking video and tool, and useful for lots of things .... the OP is performing with no sleeves. Gonna be a hard repurposing to get it effective sleeveless.
Nick Sasso
part-time Samurai conjurer
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
943 Posts

Profile of andykean
Secret servante is excellent in my opinion, and great value.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1440 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2021, andykean wrote:
Secret servante is excellent in my opinion, and great value.

Thanks Andy - as it's my baby obviously I'm a bit biased! I've got a special offer on it too at the moment - just £20 including postage worldwide. As you say Andy, great value...
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
I'm thinking going a different route entirely and it is probably not what you are after - a device. But, if you want to really seem like your hands are empty and then produce a coin...I am going to try to do a different trick, say a packet trick with cards, that you can do with a coin palmed all the while. Such as Twisting the Aces. Then, after setting the cards down, and announcing a coin trick, produce the palmed coin. I think Max Malini would like it. He loved things that took patience.
guazelli
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of guazelli
I suggest THE THINK THAT NEVER WAS.
Is simplex to build, simpler to use and gives a lot of opportunities about where ti put the Coin.
Giove It a try.
Here some.

https://thethingthatnevewas.gumroad.com/......neverwas