The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Wizard Magic Review :: Wizard Produc Review - Origami, Extereme Possibilities, Freedom Pack and Breakdown (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2435 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hi guys.

Just so you all know the new show is now live. In this show we look at the Freedom Pack by Justin Miller, Extereme Posibillities by Paul Wilson, Breakdown Vanish by Dan Army and Origami by Andrew Mayne.

Any feedback please let us know. We have had some great ideas for the show recently from your feedback and it is greatly appreciated.

Hope you enjoy the show.

Link to show - Click Here!

Craig
Jeff Taub
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Jeff Taub
Thank you for showing the demo of the Brainwave trick as this is what made me order the product.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Great content as always - why is the audio buzzing/humming so much?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4757 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Awesome reviews again this week. Keep em coming

ps. I do have to disagree though about Wilson's confabulation routine. I bought the disc just for that effect and it was the worst confabulation handling I've ever seen.
PCoreyB
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of PCoreyB
Reviews were great as usual...the humming was VERY distracting...please figure out where it's coming from before next edition.
Again, very helpful content! Thanks guys.
theboywonder
View Profile
Loyal user
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
228 Posts

Profile of theboywonder
Geez, aren't we nick picking a bit here? The reviews area awesome, that's all that matters. Thanks Wizard review crew!
It would really be quite tragic
if the world had to do without magic!
PCoreyB
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of PCoreyB
Yep, it is nit picky, sorry...as I said the content was great as always. I do video production for a living so I can't help it.
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
This is the link to this weeks show reveiew.

Click Here!

Tony Curtis
Over 100 previous Magic Wagon effects along with descriptions,
images & videos can now be viewed on my website.

Click Here
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Ya I'm being picky - I guess I'm feeling slightly vengeful still after they panned Psypher !

The reviews are superb and I really look forward to the episodes weekly. Thanks boys and get off the sticks...
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3038 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Hmm - I didn't get any humming when I watched it? Weird.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
I enjoyed the review. The Dan Army bit was hilarious.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2435 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2010-12-02 14:07, PCoreyB wrote:
Reviews were great as usual...the humming was VERY distracting...please figure out where it's coming from before next edition.
Again, very helpful content! Thanks guys.

Thanks for the comments guys! Glad you are enjoying the show.

Regarding the humming I don't understand what's happening there as only a couple of people have said they heard anytthing.

I'll check into it.

Craig
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
The humming could be their cellphone causing interference with their computer speakers.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
PCoreyB
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of PCoreyB
First of all, it's not that big of deal...doesn't affect the value of the reviews. I work with video and am very aware of what cell phone interference sounds like.

If you want to hear it, however, go to about 8 minutes in. If you need to, pause and restart a few times while it's playing. It's a low frequency hum. I'm pretty sure I'm not insane, at least the voices say I'm not!! (Seriously it does get pretty loud around 8 minutes)

That said, I won't mention it again as I was only trying to be constructive but there are certainly more interesting magical points to the video that we can talk about.
octave
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of octave
The humming can be heard if the ambient noise in the room is low. I was watching the review earlier this morning and I could hear it. Also the bullet sound at the start is a lot louder than the rest of the video, so I have to adjust the volume during the first few seconds. Having said that I'm a big fan of the reviews and these minor issues do not come in the way at all.

I liked your Lecture as well and will purchase the bag DVD soon.

-octave
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2435 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Thanks guys.

The problem is show is normally filmed by John Farr but this week and last week he has been on holiday. He normally films everything and listens on headphones regulating the sound. Without John Dave and I have had to film the show ourselves which has made it difficult to keep an eye on noise and made it all but impossible to 'get it off the sticks!'. Hopefully this will no longer be an issue when John is back!

Thanks again and I'm glad you are enjoying the show.

Craig.

Quote:
On 2010-12-02 12:37, emyers99 wrote:
Awesome reviews again this week. Keep em coming

ps. I do have to disagree though about Wilson's confabulation routine. I bought the disc just for that effect and it was the worst confabulation handling I've ever seen.

Thanks for the feedback

I love the look of the routine. The visual of the envelope hanging down from the pad is excellent IMO. Althpugh there are some problems with the handling I think these can be cleared up and when they are you are left with a very clean looking routine!

Craig
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3068 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Love it guys, as usual... excellent stuff. Every week when a new WPR comes out I start counting down the next 7 days until the next one!
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4757 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Craig

I agree. The idea has great promise. But his handling was horrible. His silk routine was great however.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2435 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Thanks Michael.

Sometimes Eric when I'm watching a DVD an idea for something can excite me just as much as the actual effect. But your right, I'm sure there is a better way to deal with the handling.

Craig
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Special request:

For the New Years 2011 show can you guys wear a tux? Now how cool would that be? !

Cant wait to see your reviews this week, especially of the Gion Deck.