The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Wizard Magic Review :: The Wizard Product Review 66-Vegas Interviews Part 1 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Did you see Paul Harris walk by at 8:49?
He looks and then just keeps walking.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
iceblade
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of iceblade
Quote:
On 2011-08-24 17:13, madcats9 wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-08-24 15:33, iceblade wrote:
This was one of the greatest WPR shows ever! Congratulations! For 7 digits a) would have possibly a very different result without the camera (i.e. in a regular "bar" environment) b) the trick sucks whether you can get the number of the girl or not (and most of the time you will NOT), c) please avoid that kind of cheesy magic that reinforces the already cheesy image of magicians.
I really liked all of the guys on the show and Chris Randall was a pleasant surprise.

Haha, guess you got fooled Smile

I kinda was to be honest, but the trick still sucks Smile
asherfox
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of asherfox
The highlight of the show is Williamson talk abt jay. XD
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4756 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Great show. Been using Killer Cut since it came out. Looks great.
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
I just wanted to say thanks for having Mr. Ammar on.
Watching his spot on my laptop cleaned the registry, sped up my computer 60% and added several ultraviolet fonts that can't be perceived by the human eye. I also noticed that while the rest of the show footage was viewable, he remained in HD at all times. Oh, and my dog (who was listening) now speaks fluent Mandarin.

Thanks guys.
SimonG-97
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of SimonG-97
I don't mean todisrespect Chris Ballinger, from what I've seen of him on the video demoes he seems really nice and skillful.

But come on, David Stone releases a switching device in a card box, Then Chris releases a switching device in a deck of cards, there are definetely similarities.

The JK and MA are going to release a signed card to spectators wallet, and the Chris is going to release a signed card to spectators wallet.

8-/ love to hear Dave and Craigs views on this.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3032 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
While I liked the idea behind Killer Cut, the handling seemed a little too stiff to me. I kept waiting for him to turn the newspaper over so we could see all sides, and he never did (I'm assuming because he can't.) Maybe it's just because of his seated position but the way it was handled just felt too suspicious to me.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
dp
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of dp
Quote:
On 2011-08-24 23:30, Xiqual wrote:
Did you see Paul Harris walk by at 8:49?
He looks and then just keeps walking.
James

Paul had already been interviewed and that can be seen on part 2 next week.
My personal favourite has to be Mark Mason's interview.

All the best

Dave
Close Up Magician & Illusionist - David Penn

Search The Wizard Product Review at http://www.worldmagicshop.com
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2414 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2011-08-25 12:08, SimonG-97 wrote:
I don't mean todisrespect Chris Ballinger, from what I've seen of him on the video demoes he seems really nice and skillful.

But come on, David Stone releases a switching device in a card box, Then Chris releases a switching device in a deck of cards, there are definetely similarities.

The JK and MA are going to release a signed card to spectators wallet, and the Chris is going to release a signed card to spectators wallet.

First of all thanks for all of your great comments. Magic Live was a blast and we met so many great people.  Personally meeting Steve Brooks and Jeff Prace was a real highlight but everyone was wonderful. We will have more interview's next week. 

Regarding Chris Ballinger after meeting him I can say without a doubt that he is one of the nicest and most honest men in magic. If you have seen the DVD for Redemption there are around a million routines and all of these have been worked on. You cannot come up with this many ideas overnight. I wouldn't be surprised if he had been working on this for years. David Stone released Tool in March but most dealers did not get it until a few weeks ago. There is no way he saw Tool and then put Redemption together. Despite the R & D that has gone into this concept he has had the gimmicks made, filmed the DVD etc. Tool and Redemption are definitely a case of independent invention and that is fine. In many ways both are different and can be used in different ways. There is some crossover but not that much. 

Regarding the wallet thing I very much doubt Chris knew about MA and JK's creation till he saw the show. Even then until I see Chris's solution I don't think there is a problem. I know how the UCCU works and I can't imagine anyone having the same idea. We cannot stop creators revisiting a theme as this is how magic evolves. Saying nobody else can invent a card in Spectator's wallet would be like saying Danny Garcia should never have released Torn as there was already a Torn and Restored Card available.  I released Chop even though there were Chop Cups readily available because I thought it improved an existing idea. See what I mean?

Craig
james_thecanadian_magician
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of james_thecanadian_magician
The Chris Randall segment, hands down was the funniest thing I've seen on the internet in a long time. I was truly laughing out loud. Great job on the show.
SimonG-97
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of SimonG-97
Quote:
On 2011-08-25 13:05, Craig Petty wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-08-25 12:08, SimonG-97 wrote:

First of all thanks for all of your great comments. Magic Live was a blast and we met so many great people.  Personally meeting Steve Brooks and Jeff Prace was a real highlight but everyone was wonderful. We will have more interview's next week. 

Regarding Chris Ballinger after meeting him I can say without a doubt that he is one of the nicest and most honest men in magic. If you have seen the DVD for Redemption there are around a million routines and all of these have been worked on. You cannot come up with this many ideas overnight. I wouldn't be surprised if he had been working on this for years. David Stone released Tool in March but most dealers did not get it until a few weeks ago. There is no way he saw Tool and then put Redemption together. Despite the R & D that has gone into this concept he has had the gimmicks made, filmed the DVD etc. Tool and Redemption are definitely a case of independent invention and that is fine. In many ways both are different and can be used in different ways. There is some crossover but not that much. 

Regarding the wallet thing I very much doubt Chris knew about MA and JK's creation till he saw the show. Even then until I see Chris's solution I don't think there is a problem. I know how the UCCU works and I can't imagine anyone having the same idea. We cannot stop creators revisiting a theme as this is how magic evolves. Saying nobody else can invent a card in Spectator's wallet would be like saying Danny Garcia should never have released Torn as there was already a Torn and Restored Card available.  I released Chop even though there were Chop Cups readily available because I thought it improved an existing idea. See what I mean?

Craig

Yeah , I do see what you mean Craig, and I havent seen the dvd for redemption, I just found it a little odd those things match quite a bit. If the other things he's working on are as good as I hear redemption is and a bit different, then were in for a treat I suppose though.

Simon
TCG438
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of TCG438
Perhaps my very favorite show so far!
Great job!

So boys, I'd love to hear what your thoughts were on MagicLive.
Was it what you expected?
What was your highlight?
What would you pass on now, in retrospect?
Are you glad you made the trip?
Will you attend the next one?
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
HEY, I'm not in this? What the hell?
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5163 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On 2011-08-26 15:33, Kozmo wrote:

Don't worry Kozmo. We love you too.
...uh, in a magician-to-magician type way...
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On 2011-08-26 15:33, Kozmo wrote:

Part 2 is next week, maybe they have saved the best until last.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
356 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
Thanks so much for putting this out. It was great to see what's coming. I can see my bank account shrinking yet again. Smile