The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Wizard Magic Review :: Good Luck to David and Karen on Britain's Got Talent TONIGHT! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Up_in_smoke
View Profile
Regular user
England
143 Posts

Profile of Up_in_smoke
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Unlucky David and Karen, beaten by a Margery Doors look alike.
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
748 Posts

Profile of carlwag
I think Simon saying he liked it was a massive achievement on its own.

Carl.
Up_in_smoke
View Profile
Regular user
England
143 Posts

Profile of Up_in_smoke
I agree Carl
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
What a joke! Some old bag bashing out tunes, out of time with the backing, is a better act than a skillful mI am fuming!

A lay person summed it up like this:

"****ing ridiculous. The judges don't know what talent is. So we have 2 singers and 2 piano acts, super. agician?"

It really is about Simon Cowell getting a recording artist that he can make money from and remove any competition that might stop that. An utter farce!
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
magic soul
View Profile
Regular user
U.K.
103 Posts

Profile of magic soul
Bad luck dave and karen.I voted for you.I know in the past I have said comments about the way you vote on the wizard product review for instance; you might say somethings bad and then still give it something like 70% but anything to raise the profile of magic like the excellent job on britains got talent is all good.
andy
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
F*** me!
Beaten into third place by the Jackson four and Mrs effin' Mills.
They wouldn't know talent if it walked up to them with a spinning bow tie,and squirted them with
a fake rose on the lapel.
Well done,the pair of you!
Ray.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
jtb
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of jtb
Here is a link to a youtube video of the performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG8arXmvVZU
Stapper
View Profile
New user
the netherlands
91 Posts

Profile of Stapper
Great! I loved it, congratulations!!!!!
(and thanks for the youtube link!)
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Dave and Karen have just done a short but good interview on 'This Morning' (A morning magazine programme)

Most of the lay people on other forums can't believe that a woman bashing out of time on a keyboard got put through and not the magicians.

It really is all fixed so that no one gets to the final who might endanger Simon's money making act.
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
995 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Here's a longer clip with the judges comments etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGZc74pwIDw
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Fantastic work. Really did magic a big favour. I bet thousands of kids (and adults) were inspired...

True winners

Charlie
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
All I can say is, Wow! Really sorry you didn't get through.
Spader II
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Spader II
!@#$ you Britain Smile
Bondy
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Bondy
That was AWSOME AWSOME AWSOME! How the f&%@ did they lose to a keyboard player. It's rigged! Move to Canada, we know real talent.
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Quote:
On 2011-06-01 16:27, puggo wrote:
Fantastic work. Really did magic a big favour. I bet thousands of kids (and adults) were inspired...

True winners

Charlie
Well said Charlie.

John
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1706 Posts

Profile of Markymark
What about that poor girl in tears.Simon says ''You should not have chosen that
song'' The poor girl replys ''I did'nt''.....
She was told what song to sing so she could be humilated.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Yes! Welcome to the fixed and manipulated farce that is Britain's got talent.

The winner gets to perform at the Royal Variety Show, yet all they seem to put through are mostly singers, a few musicians and about two Variety acts that are not in any danger of winning it.

That's what you get when the show is run by Simon Cowell, a record producer!

So he pulls out all the stops to get someone he can record and forget Variety.
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
David & Karen have now shown that magic can be entertaining so let’s hope that one day a magician will make it to the grand final of BGT or even possibly be the outright winner.

Tony Curtis
Over 100 previous Magic Wagon effects along with descriptions,
images & videos can now be viewed on my website.

Click Here
illusion123
View Profile
Regular user
Wolverhampton, England
121 Posts

Profile of illusion123
Great Illusions by David & Karen on BGT. All singers, dance troupes and anyone under 18 years of age should be barred from BGT. The Factor deals with singers and there are too many dance acts. Although the children maybe talented I think they have an unfair advantage over the adults to start with. BGT should be primarily for variety type acts. If the panel should be totally unbiased to what type of act they prefer. Fancy making a statement like "we don't like magicians". What does that do for any talented magicians out there wanting to appear on the show. Another thing is where are all the comedians; there must be loads of good comedians out there. Sorry to rant on but BGT as been really poor this year and I won't bother watching it again this year. I have a good idea who might win it and his initials are R.P. Just hope I'm wrong.

Fool Us with Penn & Teller will be on TV in the UK soon so us magicians are in for a treat and so are the general public. I went to see one of the recordings in London and it was a really good show with some excellent magicians. This will be a great advert for magic.

Forget about the BGT judges and their prejudices with certain acts, and replace them with proper judges who have some talent themselves. What I think of Simon Cowell is unrepeatable on this forum.

Chris Wild a.k.a Kris Krendo, magician
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
748 Posts

Profile of carlwag
[quote]On 2011-06-03 15:21, illusion123 wrote:
Great Illusions by David & Karen on BGT. All singers, dance troupes and anyone under 18 years of age should be barred from BGT. The Factor deals with singers and there are too many dance acts. Although the children maybe talented I think they have an unfair advantage over the adults to start with. BGT should be primarily for variety type acts. If the panel should be totally unbiased to what type of act they prefer. Fancy making a statement like "we don't like magicians". What does that do for any talented magicians out there wanting to appear on the show. Another thing is where are all the comedians; there must be loads of good comedians out there. Sorry to rant on but BGT as been really poor this year and I won't bother watching it again this year. I have a good idea who might win it and his initials are R.P. Just hope I'm wrong.

Fool Us with Penn & Teller will be on TV in the UK soon so us magicians are in for a treat and so are the general public. I went to see one of the recordings in London and it was a really good show with some excellent magicians. This will be a great advert for magic.

Forget about the BGT judges and their prejudices with certain acts, and replace them with proper judges who have some talent themselves. What I think of Simon Cowell is unrepeatable on this forum.

bet you wouldn't mind being a pound behind him, I think the show has been poorer without him, end of the day if people don't like it don't watch it.