The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPearing Soon... :: ISleight Magic App by iSleight Team (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
THE TRICK:
You, as the magician, make a prediction either on a sheet of paper or a hand-held deck of cards. You then show the spectator that the deck on your phone is constantly shuffling. That means, that any one card is never going to be the same after the previous click. With that in mind, the spectator scrolls through the deck and selects one of the cards. You then reveal your prediction, and they both match.

Make any prediction
We know that magic apps on a magicians phone can be discredited, but not this one. No force or sleight of hand is required when the spectator chooses the card. You don’t need a separate phone or wifi connection. You don’t need a table or some secret object. You only need iSleight, and the capability of predicting any card at the spectators choice.

Perform it anywhere
Perform iSleight anywhere! MAKE them believe. Get the app, you'll see what all the fuss is about. Make the trick your own by adding mentalism, part of a routine, or use it as a reveal.

- Easy to do and show
- Readable Cards
- iPhone, iPod, or iPad
- Resets instantly

COMING SOON ON THE APPSTORE!

You can read more about it here: http://isleightmagicapp.com/
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
The creator is kindly enough to give some of us an access to this app before it hits the market. I'm just think helping him is the right thing. So here my first thought on this app.

Before, I mention how this app is similar to Mikael Montier's Magic Trick #5. Well, the fact is with these apps you can achieved the same goal in similar (but different) ways. Their core methods are different. Although, at first I thought they're the same, even the routine seems to be the same-- no, they're not the same. Both apps have their own pros and cons. But, both apps can achieve the same goal. That's how I conclude the issue regarding these app. You'll know for sure what I'm talking about if you have both of these apps.

Now, about iSleight app. The most noticeable thing about this app is the design-- the visual are easy, simple and very clear to read. So you'll have no problem performing this app to your spec. For trick itself, since I already have another app that can have the same goal. I think it's better for me to describe how I feel about the method. The methods are easy to do (although you have to used to it first before performing. It's not hard. You just need to get used to it.), the method is quite bold too. But, you'll have nothing to worry about. Do it the right way-- I'm sure the spec won't notice a thing. And the method is adaptable. That's mean you can put many ideas to use with this app. The main routine is already strong. But, you can make your own routine with this app.

This is a good app to have and to use. Will it blow people minds? My answer is: Yes!

Thanks again for giving me the access to your app. I hope the app selling will go smoothly from now on.
Manny7311
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Manny7311
Quote:
On Nov 28, 2015, daniltan wrote:
The creator is kindly enough to give some of us an access to this app before it hits the market. I'm just think helping him is the right thing. So here my first thought on this app.

Before, I mention how this app is similar to Mikael Montier's Magic Trick #5. Well, the fact is with these apps you can achieved the same goal in similar (but different) ways. Their core methods are different. Although, at first I thought they're the same, even the routine seems to be the same-- no, they're not the same. Both apps have their own pros and cons. But, both apps can achieve the same goal. That's how I conclude the issue regarding these app. You'll know for sure what I'm talking about if you have both of these apps.

Now, about iSleight app. The most noticeable thing about this app is the design-- the visual are easy, simple and very clear to read. So you'll have no problem performing this app to your spec. For trick itself, since I already have another app that can have the same goal. I think it's better for me to describe how I feel about the method. The methods are easy to do (although you have to used to it first before performing. It's not hard. You just need to get used to it.), the method is quite bold too. But, you'll have nothing to worry about. Do it the right way-- I'm sure the spec won't notice a thing. And the method is adaptable. That's mean you can put many ideas to use with this app. The main routine is already strong. But, you can make your own routine with this app.

This is a good app to have and to use. Will it blow people minds? My answer is: Yes!

Thanks again for giving me the access to your app. I hope the app selling will go smoothly from now on.

Hey, thanks for putting this up for me I really appreciate it! Anyone who might be interested in a promo code to get the app two weeks before release. Let me know. It's only for Apple right now, so I'm sorry Androidians!
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
I've been communicating with Manny today through PM and it's become an enjoyable chat for the day Smile
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
So, Manny was kind enough to send me the app early and here are my initial thoughts:

At first when watching the explanation video on how the application operated, I thought it was extremely transparent at first. HOWEVER, as I've had time to play around with it I think this is pretty good! I will more than likely be using this as a CAAN effect... I would explain that I have this app that generates random cards every time you swipe to the left (I have the app because I don't like carrying around a deck of cards). I have them say a number, swipe over that many times (they see every card is different and see there is no change in the way you swipe) and when they get to their number it matches your prediction. Or you could use this as a force where you swipe through the cards one at a time until they say "one more" and you hand them the phone. They then swipe to the next card, lock the phone, and you proceed to read their mind.

The interface of the app is simple and beautiful also.

Overall, this is much much better than I thought it would be and I will definitely be using this!

Great job Manny!
Manny7311
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Manny7311
Quote:
On Nov 28, 2015, seanksutton wrote:
So, Manny was kind enough to send me the app early and here are my initial thoughts:

At first when watching the explanation video on how the application operated, I thought it was extremely transparent at first. HOWEVER, as I've had time to play around with it I think this is pretty good! I will more than likely be using this as a CAAN effect... I would explain that I have this app that generates random cards every time you swipe to the left (I have the app because I don't like carrying around a deck of cards). I have them say a number, swipe over that many times (they see every card is different and see there is no change in the way you swipe) and when they get to their number it matches your prediction. Or you could use this as a force where you swipe through the cards one at a time until they say "one more" and you hand them the phone. They then swipe to the next card, lock the phone, and you proceed to read their mind.

The interface of the app is simple and beautiful also.

Overall, this is much much better than I thought it would be and I will definitely be using this!

Great job Manny!

I actually really like your idea for presenting the trick. I definitely have to try it out. Thank you for the great review. I'm excited, and those who got it early! Well Congrats. Official release date will be December 10th. Stay tuned. Usually apps like this don't land big reviews, but I'm excited to say we landed some with really big newspapers and App Review Sites. Can't say who yet Smile I'm grateful for TheMagicCafe, since I was able to get really early feedback and testers. Willing to hand out a few more promo codes! PM me!
Josh Clarke
View Profile
New user
Portland, Oregon, USA
68 Posts

Profile of Josh Clarke
I absolutely LOVE that the magician in the trailer is a female!
Josh-Clarke.com : Voices is available now!
Manny7311
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Manny7311
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2015, Josh Clarke wrote:
I absolutely LOVE that the magician in the trailer is a female!

Us too! Hope you enjoy the app Josh!
Manny7311
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Manny7311
10 more days! Here is another trailer, strolling around showing it to real people. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OK-28bm5ww

Here is what the magician in the video thought about iSleight - "I opened iSleight and the first thing that crossed my mind was how would people react to a trick being performed off of a phone. I'm no expert magician but I do know people tend to react oddly to props that aren't the standard affair for a magic trick, cards, rings, and coins. After my first experience with the app what I realized is that we live in a culture where technology is the norm and it would only make sense to integrate technology into the fray. Every reaction I had was varied but positive on my first run with iSleight from bewilderment to a laugh I had an incredible time using it and plan to make it part of my regular routine."

What I learned while being there filming: I noticed that people didn't even question anything. The fact that they got to hold the phone in their hands and touch as many cards as they wanted to, left them without a question that the app's only purpose was to shuffle cards. For those that have learned the method, as you see, he wasn't exactly hiding it as well as I thought you had to when I created it. And yet, nobody ever questioned or tried to make that action. You would know what I'm talking about if you know the method. All in all, we got some great reactions and I'm excited to present this to the magic community!
Josh Clarke
View Profile
New user
Portland, Oregon, USA
68 Posts

Profile of Josh Clarke
I really appreciate getting a promo code for the app, but that will not sway my review.

The Good:
The app looks great and works (mostly) as it should.
There is a backup plan if someone asks you to repeat it.

The Bad:
The "trick" is a little difficult. There is an option to make it easier, but it is still touchy.
Manny7311
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Manny7311
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2015, Josh Clarke wrote:
I really appreciate getting a promo code for the app, but that will not sway my review.

The Good:
The app looks great and works (mostly) as it should.
There is a backup plan if someone asks you to repeat it.

The Bad:
The "trick" is a little difficult. There is an option to make it easier, but it is still touchy.

Hey Josh, I appreciate your review. I'll be PMing you privately about this! The trick wasn't meant to be used this way, but I'll be glad to help you out and possibly give you some pointers! Thanks!
Josh Clarke
View Profile
New user
Portland, Oregon, USA
68 Posts

Profile of Josh Clarke
Yikes! Forget my review. I was using the app in the completely opposite way. I haven't tried it yet, but the correct method seems like it will work.

It would be cool if there was an option to set it up the way I was doing the trick.
Manny7311
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Manny7311
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2015, Josh Clarke wrote:
Yikes! Forget my review. I was using the app in the completely opposite way. I haven't tried it yet, but the correct method seems like it will work.

It would be cool if there was an option to set it up the way I was doing the trick.

Sure thing Josh! We will definitely consider some type of button for the next update! Thanks for the great feedback - we will be adding a detailed tutorial inside the app now. I am grateful for your experience.
Manny7311
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Manny7311
iSleight was finally released! For those of you who have no idea what iSleight even is, check out our website HERE.

Trailers:

1. Cinema Trailer

2. Reactions Trailer

3. Extra Footage

It's $4.99. Get it now on the App Store! Here is the iTunes Link.

Hope you guys enjoy, there is so many possibilities with this app! Android version coming soon!

Like and share any of our pages with the hashtag #iSleight for giveaways and future promo codes for upcoming releases!