The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPealing or APPalling? :: "Adyton" (New iOS App), Released! (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
JannisGk
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of JannisGk
Hello Magic Café members!
I'm very exciting to announce you the release of my new magic app, "Adyton"!

Adyton is a universal iOS app. That means that it is designed for both iPhone & iPad running the latest iOS version (8.1 or later) .
It is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus!

Adyton on the App Store : https://itunes.apple.com/app/id945744734
The official website of Adyton : http://adyton.onetwo.gr

Adyton is a professional, mind reading magic trick app. An inaccessible secret to anyone but you that will captivate your audience and blow their mind away!

>The effect:

-Show your iPhone/iPad, screen turned off (!), and ask your audience to name one card (or pick one from a deck of cards).
-Any card...
-Now ask THEM to touch the screen of your device while concentrating on their choice.
-Their chosen card is starting to appear on the screen in a mystrerious fade in effect!

The perfection of simplicity in performance makes this magic trick the best of its kind! A seemingly impossible prediction since you let your audience to interact with your device!

Your audience will never suspect that an app was involved so all of the credit goes to you and not your iPhone/iPad! (stealth feature).

>Adyton is unique and, unlike many other professional magic apps available on the store, has NO Limitations!

-The magician NEVER touches the screen, not a single touch after the audience's choice!
-NO internet connection
-NO other devices
-NO GSM Network
-NO Wi-Fi or Bluetooth access
-NO "leave and pick your device at somepoint later" tricks
-NO additional items or assistant required
-NO microphone (voice recognition)
-NO camera (optical recognition)

You can perform Adyton to anyone - anytime - anywhere! Feel free to integrate it with your current magic routine!

>Seven pages of interactive tutorial included, with practice mode capability, to practice Adyton before your public performance!

The price for this app is $36.99. I think that this is the balance point between "too expensive to buy" and "too cheap for a professional magic app to give away its secret", and I am confident you will think it is a good value too.
I am very open to ideas and suggestions for improvements or additions and that's why I've created a dedicated contact form on Adyton's Official Website. So feel free to shoot me a message!

This app has been heavily tested and optimized for professional magicians but there is always a possibility that we 've missed an issue just like any other new app! So please, if you come across anything (to fix or improve) just let me know ASAP!

Jannis

Click here to view attached image.
Josh Clarke
View Profile
New user
Portland, Oregon, USA
68 Posts

Profile of Josh Clarke
Do you have any performance videos?
Josh-Clarke.com : Voices is available now!
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
In my opinion far to much for just a card revelation
JoshTmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
265 Posts

Profile of JoshTmagic
I am going to have to agree with rasp
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1716 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Just one question can your spectator write the card down without you, him or anybody naming it out loud?
JannisGk
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of JannisGk
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2014, Josh Clarke wrote:
Do you have any performance videos?

Hi Josh, Adyton has been on the App Store for only one week and we are working hard for a preview video trailer of the trick! I will post the video here when it will be ready! Till then you can have a sneak peek of Adyton here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oq3Pw6hqOY

Quote:
On Dec 18, 2014, rasp wrote:
In my opinion far to much for just a card revelation

Hi Rasp, I agree with you, card revelation tricks should cost less BUT... show me one card revelation trick that costs less (or even more) without limitations like "need internet connection" or "leave and pick your device at somepoint later" ... you know what I mean Smile Plus, Adyton does not require the magician to even touch the screen!

Quote:
On Dec 18, 2014, ArtIn wrote:
Just one question can your spectator write the card down without you, him or anybody naming it out loud?

Hi there Artin! Feel free to ask more than one question if you like Smile Yes of course. No need to name it loud (no voice recognition)!
JoshTmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
265 Posts

Profile of JoshTmagic
The spectator doesn't care if you don't have internet connection
Josh Clarke
View Profile
New user
Portland, Oregon, USA
68 Posts

Profile of Josh Clarke
I admit, the performance video looks good, but I've been tricked before ... I'm waiting to see a performance video with a spectator.
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1213 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
I think it looks very clean and I have to admit, I'm a little bit excited. But, I think my excitement is more about the method than the effect if I'm really honest.

Good luck Jannis

Myke
X
JannisGk
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of JannisGk
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2014, Myke Phillips wrote:
I think it looks very clean and I have to admit, I'm a little bit excited. But, I think my excitement is more about the method than the effect if I'm really honest.

Good luck Jannis

Myke
X

Hi Myke! Thanks and trust me, as I said, "The perfection of simplicity in performance makes this magic trick the best of its kind!"

The reason that we've decided to keep the effect "clean & simple" is because we want to give you (the magician) the chance to take all the credit not the phone itself! Smile But I am very open to ideas and suggestions for improvements or additions !!
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Bought it. Initial thoughts aren't great but I will need to practice. The input method is knacky.
SmaltrabTheAverage
View Profile
New user
Waiting for a positive comment from Pegasus for
60 Posts

Profile of SmaltrabTheAverage
Hi all.

Having spoken to Ioannis in the welcome section, and myself having a connection with Greece,I've took it upon myself to download it for the benefit of Café members.
Just to clarify, I don't know Ioannis other than he is Greek, and I love Greece.

The effect:
A card is chosen or named, and the spectator can touch the screen to reveal the card. The cards are of a bicycle tiger deck in appearance, but in HD.

Usability after 4 hours:
There are certainly some things that could be changed to make this effect even more usable. However, I feel in my routine that this can be a very powerful addition to a routine using the invisible deck, a double revelation, but is also stand alone a great effect.
The app is very clever, and there is actually no set up other than opening the app.
The only thing that is required of course is to know what the card is so you can reveal it. Whether it is named aloud, or peeked from a wallet.

The app is very nicely designed, and has clear and concise instructions.
You will find that some cards are much easier to reveal than others, and I will be making suggestions for consideration to make certain revelations easier than others.

It is not simply an app that you will download and use instantly, it does require practice.

Will I use it in my working routine?
Yes, although not straight away. It will need more practice.

Is it advertised fairly?
With all the demos being a bit misleading these days, I do feel it does what is advertised which is nice. Having presented it somewhat poorly to my wife to be, she was puzzled to say the least. It's not obvious how it's done, and it doesn't jump out that it's a "magical app".

Value for money:
This will be a big talking point. I see why people will feel it is too much for an app. This could be released to the average Joe, but I think the price will keep it just for magicians, and it's clear a lot of work has gone into this app.
I'm quite happy that I paid the price for it, as I know this eventually has a place in my routine. For others I would say it may need to be a little cheaper.
6 out of 10.

Overall, this is great. Very clever, and with a few minor tweaks on performance usability this will be a stunning app.

7 out of 10 with potential for an 8 or 9!
Josh Clarke
View Profile
New user
Portland, Oregon, USA
68 Posts

Profile of Josh Clarke
I like apps that duplicate iPhone functions because they seem like normal phone interactions. This app makes a card image fade in when the phone is touched. To me, that screams "magic app" very loudly.
JoshTmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
265 Posts

Profile of JoshTmagic
I am very reluctant to even think about buying this...
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Quote:
I like apps that duplicate iPhone functions because they seem like normal phone interactions. This app makes a card image fade in when the phone is touched. To me, that screams "magic app" very loudly.

Spot on. that's the ONLY thing that's really off with the advertising - the claim that the magician gets all the credit. Just not true.

But otherwise it's pretty honest advertising.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
The risk of doing mistake with this app is bigger than the rest of mind reading apps out there. At least I know a few. But yes you can make it up with more and more practice. Maybe this app is just not my thing. I'm not sure I will be happy with my purchase. Since it's quite expensive, I guess I should practice my hardest to use this. Maybe I'll change my mind after that.

For improvements, I wish there'll be more than just 1 effect of reveal. Some people like simplicity of fade, some is-- prefer something else. And also the card face, I wish there'll be options to customize what kind of card face I'm going to use. Personally, I like old vintage E deck.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
After a while I found using this with iPad is more difficult than using it with an iPhone. I dunno it's a bug or it just harder to do.

I just thought on something, is there practice mode for this app? So it'll be more easy to practice.

Cheers!
SmaltrabTheAverage
View Profile
New user
Waiting for a positive comment from Pegasus for
60 Posts

Profile of SmaltrabTheAverage
I've tried this a few more times since buying, and it really is working great. The only thing I'd say is because you'll notice hearts and clubs are easier to reveal, that a North South East and West would be easier. i.e north hearts, south clubs etc.

But I've just tried with 8 hearts and nailed it every time.
JannisGk
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of JannisGk
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2014, SmaltrabTheAverage wrote:
I've tried this a few more times since buying, and it really is working great. The only thing I'd say is because you'll notice hearts and clubs are easier to reveal, that a North South East and West would be easier. i.e north hearts, south clubs etc.

But I've just tried with 8 hearts and nailed it every time.

Markos many thanks for the review!

Adyton was made for professional magicians in mind that's why practice is required but the result is quite amazing Smile

Quote:

Josh (Clarke) keep in mind that only the spectator touches the (previously tested by him) turned off screen.. The magician does not interact with it at all. That is the main difference between Adyton and the other mind reading apps available!

Quote:
On Dec 19, 2014, daniltan wrote:
The risk of doing mistake with this app is bigger than the rest of mind reading apps out there. At least I know a few. But yes you can make it up with more and more practice. Maybe this app is just not my thing. I'm not sure I will be happy with my purchase. Since it's quite expensive, I guess I should practice my hardest to use this. Maybe I'll change my mind after that.

For improvements, I wish there'll be more than just 1 effect of reveal. Some people like simplicity of fade, some is-- prefer something else. And also the card face, I wish there'll be options to customize what kind of card face I'm going to use. Personally, I like old vintage E deck.

Hi Danitltan, keep practicing and you will find out that it is much more easier than you think! My advice is firstly, to work on the device you want to perform the trick the most and then move on to the other one (ipad/iphone).The algorithm is slightly different due to different sizes optimization! I like your ideas about customization though Smile
Josh Clarke
View Profile
New user
Portland, Oregon, USA
68 Posts

Profile of Josh Clarke
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2014, JannisGk wrote:
Josh (Clarke) keep in mind that only the spectator touches the (previously tested by him) turned off screen.. The magician does not interact with it at all. That is the main difference between Adyton and the other mind reading apps available!

I think you misunderstood my point. I'm sure your app works perfectly fine, in just the way you describe. My problem is that there is no real function on an iPhone that would cause an image to fade in on a locked screen. Therefore, I think the spectator will naturally, and rightfully come to the conclusion that it is an app. Take Photo Prediction for example. A predicted image is found in your Photos app. This is a normal interaction with the basic functions of the iPhone. Now, if the iPhone had a feature that allowed the lock screen to fade in when touched, your app would seem more believable. I'm not trying to speak badly of you or your app and I applaud you for creating a new idea. It just doesn't seem to be for me and, at its current price, I'm not willing to find out for sure. I do agree, though, that the price keeps the trick in the hands of magicians.