The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPealing or APPalling? :: Magic Spider - My Pet Boris (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
birdman69
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
110 Posts

Profile of birdman69
There is a new Android App version of "The Web" available on Google Play.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai......icspider

There is information on where to find spiders, cockroaches and the best adhesive for this new and the original effect.
See http://www.mypetboris.com for information and video trailer.
birdman69
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
110 Posts

Profile of birdman69
The iPhone version is also ready but Apple have rejected it as not having lasting entertainment value and lacking features. What do you think?
birdman69
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
110 Posts

Profile of birdman69
Eric Jones says:
My Pet Boris is amazing! If anyone is reading this, and you haven't already bought it, JUST DO IT! It is well worth it. Priceless! Or if you think you can't get away with the load, YOU'RE WRONG! Nobody feels it, and ANYONE CAN DO THIS! It's awesome
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
737 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
This is seriously the BEST idea ever! I use this ALL the time in my performances and it takes up hardly ANY room....just my phone...which I carry on me anyways : ) GREAT job Ian!
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
884 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Dang...... I wish Apple wasn't so *** picky..... I love iToys, but I hate their holier then thou thinking...... I love the Web, And love the looks of this!!
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
SeasideShowman
View Profile
Elite user
Myrtle Beach, SC
443 Posts

Profile of SeasideShowman
Just downloaded this yesterday. Very well produced and a great value for the money. Lots of options in the settings menu. I love it, too, when magicians/developers give credit where credit and is due, good for you. Running mine on a Samsung Galaxy S2 with no problems. Starting the effect by taking a photo of your guests hand makes it so much more personal. Been practicing and showing to magic friends, I'll be ready soon to perform for real world folks. This is Apple's loss and Android's major gain !!
"I didn't care if they were laughing at me or laughing with me ... as long as they were laughing" - Unknown
www.MagicAtTheBeach.org
"I'm with it"
R-U-D-!
View Profile
New user
AUSTRIA
53 Posts

Profile of R-U-D-!
Great effect! Great video! I hate my iPhone...!:)

R-U-D-!
R-U-D-! from Austria

This entry was posted by Google from German to Chinese, than into Greek and then finally translated into English. Enjoy!
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Just had to post this. Arrived this morning from birdman, 3 spiders, carrying box and some sticky dots. First the spiders are absolutely the best I have found, the carrying box makes it easy to carry around without all the sticky coming off or getting covered in lint. The sticky dot are as good as if not better than the original stuff , all for a really low price, if you use this app or The Web, you cant afford not to ge this.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
The App is fantastic and gets a great response, be sure to use it on the right audience Smile The package with spiders, roaches and dots is also superb. I believe he will eventually get this on the App store.

Carl
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Ok..Apple really needs to get their heads out of their butts and approve this. This is simply AMAZING.
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
Number One
View Profile
Regular user
Mike J Kelly
164 Posts

Profile of Number One
I purchased this about 3 weeks ago and found it excellent.
I am running this via android on a Samsung Ace 2 and rate it 90%.
I had a few problems with timing on start-up and the finger animation, I emailed Ian at support@mypetboris.com he said an update was in the pipeline, this duly arrived which addressed some of my timing issues.

I would rate this 100% if:
1 A touch screen to start the animation could be an option.
2 A touch screen to start the finger animation could be an option.
Users of this app will know what I mean, this would remove any timing issues.

I searched within the UK for decent spiders to no avail so have just ordered the Pro Pack from Australia, hurry up postman.

If any users could supply pictures of the spiders / roaches it would be appreciated.

Thanks
Smile Guess which hand the frog is in.
spadesy
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of spadesy
Great video demo and nice update on a classic. Generally, if Apple doesn't accept apps like these as entertainment then I suppose an included a mini-game, in this case like catch the insect and the tricks as a bonus, would pass it.
birdman69
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
110 Posts

Profile of birdman69
Apple have finally approved the Magic Spider app. It available on the App Store now.

I have also added a double tap to continue feature which was a great idea.

It will come in the next android update as well.

Thanks for all the kind comments. It is a lot of fun isn't it?
jker1104
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of jker1104
Any demo for the butterly effect?
Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
For the butterfly in-app purchase, is there anyway to see what the butterflies look like? I have quite a few butterflies from Caterpillar Love and another packet trick and was wondering if they might look close-enough to the app's butterflies or if different enough, where I can obtain the required butterflies.
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Hi number1, I ordered the pack from birdman and the service was first class, as for the spiders they are perfect, don't have any pics, sorry, but you wont be disappointed.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1263 Posts

Profile of Salby
Will the Butterfly version of My Pet Boris be available for Android Phones????

It is already for the iPhone.
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
birdman69
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
110 Posts

Profile of birdman69
@Trekdad: The butterfly is a Monarch Butterfly, so one of the most common and beautiful I think.
@Salby: Yes it will be available for Android. I just had some work on the android camera functionality to tidy up and was waiting to hear any feedback from the iPhone version. I had to include that a little quicker than I would have liked to help get the app approved by Apple. Stay tuned.

@jkr1104: There is a pdf download at the bottom of the instructions page on the website which also includes a page of butterflies you can print yourself with the same butterfly used in the animation.

The idea of the animation was to provide you with the basic tools so you can configure the effect to suit your own style.

It starts with taking a photo of the hand and placing the phone on the spectator's palm, then a caterpillar (monarch) walks across the screen (this can be turned on or off, if it takes too long), transforms into a chrysalis which then develops in time lapse on screen. The chrysalis transforms into a monarch butterfly. You can set whether you want the empty chrysalis to stay on screen. The butterfly flaps it's wings, you can poke it with your finger (like the spider effect) it flies off. A few seconds later it comes back, lands and then flies off again. When the spectator waves over the phone they find the butterfly stuck to the back of their hand.

The empty chrysalis feature can be used to hide a small object placed on the palm before taking the photo so it looks like it transformed into the chrysalis. (see the .pdf for more information)

The script included in the .pdf uses a story of how magicians have always been fascinated by the idea of transformation. There are many effects based on this theme using large illusions but as a close up magician, I have always tried to keep it portable.

I will add a video presentation for the effect to the website soon. If you would like to take a look at the .pdf you can download it from:

http://www.mypetboris.com/Magic%20Butterfly%20Script.pdf

You can email me: support@mypetboris.com if you have any questions.

@george1953: Thanks for your kind words.

Cheers,
Ian

Click here to view attached image.
Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
Thanks Ian; very helpful!
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
alee7371
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of alee7371
I have the app on my Iphone and absolutely love performing it. I have been using cockroaches with great success. This is by far one of my favorite apps that I have purchased. One of my favorite part of the routine is whenI you tickle the bug, it truly adds a great dimension to the trick. Additionally, I have been storing my bugs in a small Altoid container where at any given moment, I have 4 bugs ready to go. Get this app, you won't regret it.