The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPealing or APPalling? :: Does this iPhone app exist? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
BHart24
View Profile
Regular user
San Jose, CA
112 Posts

Profile of BHart24
Hey all,

As the title suggests, I'm wondering if a certain app exists. The basic idea is to allow a spectator to enter a freely selected phone number and hit the call button themselves, yet have the phone actually dial a number of your choosing, most likely a confederate. It seems like such a simple concept that I would be surprised if nobody has explored it yet, but I'm not sure where to look. It could add an extra layer of deception to certain phone effects involving confederates I believe.

I'm always a little wary of posting a request like this and inadvertently bringing attention towards somebody's secret weapon, so if a reply via PM is preferred I understand.

Of course I'm also open to hearing suggestions for achieving the above conditions by other means as well. The only thing I'd like to avoid is having to force the phone number if possible, even though that's obviously a workable solution. Thanks so much for your help on this guys!

Brian
mindshrink
View Profile
Special user
Delhi,India
916 Posts

Profile of mindshrink
There is probably a method of configuring a phone to 'express dial a number' by just pressing just one number.
This is there with the basic phones....no idea about the 'smart phone apps'.