The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPealing or APPalling? :: Freak Out! is now live on the App store (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
FreakThemOut
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of FreakThemOut
Hey everybody, my new app just went live. It's called Freak Out! (with the explanation mark) Here's the web site for it http://www.freakthemout.com The effect is KILLER! It has become my favorite card effect.

You may not find it by searching the App store yet as I don't think it's indexed yet.

I'd love to hear your comments.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3068 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Your app is glitchy for me... It worked the first two times but now when I open the app, all it is is a black screen.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
FreakThemOut
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of FreakThemOut
Wow...that's has never happened as far as I know. I would recommend you reboot or reset your phone. The app is bug free on every phone it was tested on.
theboywonder
View Profile
Loyal user
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
228 Posts

Profile of theboywonder
I do love the app, but I wouldn't say that it is bug-free. The other day, I was performing it for someone, and ended up with a bit of an audience as other people gathered to see. I "revealed" the first card, and then when I was ready to introduce the mini card for the second reveal, the APP froze and I couldn't reset the program. Every time I went to the HOME screen and started the app again, it was black. Then, after I still revealed the second card as a mini card without the cool app to accompany it, I tried starting the program again and only THEN did it work. It was too little too late for that performance, which was disappointing for me. Never had that problem since, though . . .
It would really be quite tragic
if the world had to do without magic!
FreakThemOut
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of FreakThemOut
I'm glad you are enjoying the app...the effect is amazing isn't it? I'm sorry it hung up on you. And I'm glad it didn't happen again.
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
I don't understand: what does the app actually do? I watched the video but it just looks like you force a card and then shake your phone and it shows the forced card. That can't be the whole idea of the app?
mr.nemo
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of mr.nemo
I don't get it either???
FreakThemOut
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of FreakThemOut
Here is what happens on the app. By the way the entire video is on http://www.freakthemout.com

It's a 2 phased routine....two cards are chosen....you find the first one by having the spectator look at your iphone or ipod touch which says, "Just Think Of Your Card" You proceed to shake the phone...the letter get jumbled, you give the phone an abrupt shake and "BAM" the chosen card appears. But that is only phase one....which is incredibly strong to the layperson.

Phase two....you appear to do the same thing again with card 2 but this time after you shake the phone the back of a card appears....you act as though it's a mistake.

Then you pull the digital image right out of the phone and you are left holding a real card. You turn it over and of course it is the correct card.

The effect is KILLER!!! I hope you enjoy it.