The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPealing or APPalling? :: Rising Card - Chris Kenner (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Chris Kenner's rising card for the iPhone was released this Saturday. The effect is very strong and the method is extremely brilliant (perhaps more brilliant than the tick itself).

The spectator names a card, the magician hands them the iPhone and lets them open the RisingCard application. A picture of a deck of cards appears, the spectator shakes it, and the named card rises out. It's clean and resets almost instantly. Available for $2.99 in the iTunes store.
WayneL
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of WayneL
The demo doesn't seems to show much. A real world performance would be great.

Wayne
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
It's so cheap, I would just go ahead and tell you to order it. I like the trick a lot.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
BEST Magic App I have ever purchased! VERY Clever Indeed!!!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Agreed that the method is cooler than the trick...not saying that the trick itself isn't, as it is a real fooler. I am usually of the school 'Never repeat a trick'...but with this one you can, not always, but I have once or twice since performing it. Great for an impromptu trick on the fly. I can't remember if the app says so in the insructions, but you can reset the trick right in front of them using the normal method rather than quitting the app and going back in
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
tomacker
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of tomacker
The great thing about this iphone apps thing is that they are cheap, so if you don't like it, well it won't hurt much.
Bungee
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Bungee
I can say if you are a magician and own an iPhone or an iPod Touch this is a must have for $2.99
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I got it. it is very cool. My wife made me do it for her bout 20 times before she gave up. only problem iv had is some people think the phone is using voice recognition.
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
This thing works very well.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I just downloaded it. Very ingenious!
Sammy J. Teague
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On 2009-08-18 10:23, Joshua Barrett wrote:
I got it. it is very cool. My wife made me do it for her bout 20 times before she gave up. only problem iv had is some people think the phone is using voice recognition.

Chris gives instructions to this incase someone says that, but I have never had anyone say that to me yet...funny, as I wouldn't mind if it was voice recognition!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Dave McFarland
View Profile
Regular user
Portland, OR
184 Posts

Profile of Dave McFarland
Ha! This is really fun. The only problem I see is that it's on the iTunes store (of course it has to be). The exposure possibilities are very high. I'm sure we'll see some 12 year old on YouTube exposing this one soon.
Dave McFarland
View Profile
Regular user
Portland, OR
184 Posts

Profile of Dave McFarland
Another good one is Psypic. Heirloom meets the iPhone.
rnaviaux
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of rnaviaux
Quote:
On 2009-08-18 12:31, Dave McFarland wrote:
Ha! This is really fun. The only problem I see is that it's on the iTunes store (of course it has to be). The exposure possibilities are very high. I'm sure we'll see some 12 year old on YouTube exposing this one soon.

Its an iphone app. Something tells me that Youtube exposure isn't going to let the cat out of the bag. Its long since gotten out and left the buidling.
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1120 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Kenner thinks on a different level than most other humans. Brilliant!
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Quote:
On 2009-08-18 12:31, Dave McFarland wrote:

Perform it for old people who can't operate an iPhone or even know what one is. You could also perform it for the homeless who can not afford one. Smile
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
That's me, can't afford these new-fangled gadgets. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Quote:
On 2009-08-18 12:28, Christopher Williams wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-18 10:23, Joshua Barrett wrote:

Chris gives instructions to this incase someone says that, but I have never had anyone say that to me yet...funny, as I wouldn't mind if it was voice recognition!

cool, I have not watched the video, only the written instructions ill view it soon
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5207 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Quote:
On 2009-08-18 15:45, Pete Biro wrote:
That's me, can't afford these new-fangled gadgets. Smile

I have 8 iPhones - I use them for my Multiplaying iPhone routine!
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1486 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Great trick! Brilliant method indeed. Sadly I don't own an iphone.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor