The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPealing or APPalling? :: "Adyton" (New iOS App), Released! (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
We should make it clear you do interact with the phone (obviously) just not the screen as the OP keeps posting. I think in the interest of fairness that deserves to be said.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
What I do with this app is explaining first that when the display is off, it can only turn on by pressing either the home button or the lock button. Nothing will happen if I touch the screen. And so I start tapping on the screen to show them nothing happens. I too let the spec tapping on the screen. Also, after the reveal, I took a little bit of time and then make the card disappear from the screen and I ask them to touch the screen again. Nothing happens. I've blown up my friend's mind with this app today. He's unable to explain what exactly happen.

If you say this app screams, magic app, the answer is Yes. With a note the spec unable to explain how the app is involved. It's a new experience for me. Is more like a magician's guilt if you nailed the routine. And do the magician or the iPhone gets the credit? My answer depends how you introduce the routine to the spec. I'm trying not to appear like I'm depending on my phone to do this. I'm simply going to use the screen. And the image they'll see is not coming from the phone. I project it with as I will through their touch. When I'm not willing it's just a dead screen.

P.S. Airplane mode needs to turn ON before you perform this routine.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
I tried this out on 100 people, and 79 said it must be a cool new magic app. Do not buy this, it is obvious this is just an app doing the work for the performer!!!

Regards,
Mike
JannisGk
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of JannisGk
Adyton 1.3 is out and 25% off !! Thanks a lot for your support and some great ideas !!! So stay tuned for more Smile

@Mike our philosophy is not making dummy interfaces or easy-to-guess wireless based technics (emails, urls, second device control etc), like many other magic trick apps out there, but to challenge the audience's intelligence by presenting an illusion so unique that has never experienced before in a phone! I do respect your opinion though but please focus on this and don't tell other people what to do (or don't). I'll be glad to help you with your performance so send me a pm providing more details! Thanks!
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1555 Posts

Profile of jaizon
No matter what I do I cannot get back to the instructions, short of deleting and re-installing. And have not had one bit of luck getting any card picked. Smile
I understand the need for practice, but this is ridiculous.

Preston
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
You get 5secs to enter the "secret menu" everytime you opening the app. Or you can 2x press your home button and swipe up the app to close it. And try opening the app again. I hope this will help.
JannisGk
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of JannisGk
@daniltan Thanks Smile

@jaizon Of course you can (and you need) to practice Adyton! Just follow the instructions @daniltan gave you Smile Of course these are described in the tutorial too (page 1)! Please PM me for further details!
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
1555 Posts

Profile of jaizon
I have spent six hours just trying to get this to work properly and have had zero success. I am more than a little dissatisfied with this and would like a refund. Please advise. Thank you.
JannisGk
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of JannisGk
I am happy to announce you that ADYTON 2.0 Update is on its way with some great add ons Smile Thanks a lot for all the great ideas you are sharing with me everyday! As I've said there is a dedicated contact form on Adyton's Official Website (top right corner of the page). So feel free to shoot us a message!

http://adyton.onetwo.gr

Follow Us on Twitter for the upcoming announcement of the Official Adyton 2.0 Release!

https://twitter.com/onetwogr

Thanks!

@jaizon OMG you must be doing it all wrong! You can't find the way to enter the secret menu and read the instructions, when all you have to do is to press the button at the center of the launch screen that says "SECRET MENU" with big orange letters... no wonder why you spend six hours to make Adyton work and still failed...!! Adyton is certainly not for you in any case Smile I have sent you a Private Message for full refund details. Case ended. Thanks.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
JannisGk.......... you have just nailed your own coffin with your last post re Jaizon ...... I would never buy anything from you or anyone else with customer ethics like yours!!
JannisGk
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of JannisGk
@rasp stay on topic. Full refund to an unsatisfied customer that called the situation(???) "ridiculous" and ignored what I've told him (to send a PM/email/or use the Official Contact Form for help or refund issues) choosing to continue making public posts for refund...., is called right ethics. It's nothing personal for me. I am OK with @jaizon, at least he bought the app....that doesn't mean I agree with whatever he says! Magic Café is not customer support page for refunds! There is a Dedicated Official Page for Adyton so it looks quite suspicious to make posts like yours in topics that just presents new apps. Sorry, but this is the first and the last time I respond to such posts. End of story.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
It was on topic....... This forum is titled 'APPealing or APPalling'
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
@jaizon, could you tell us which is happen? The app is not working properly or the app is not working properly for you? You certainly get you full refund, so it's not hurt to tell us, right? I don't think you still couldn't get into the secret menu. My guess is you couldn't get the card displayed correctly. Well I have to admit, it's kinda knacky. But I wouldn't say that the app not working properly.

@jannis, I think you jump to that conclusion too soon. I'm also wondering why jaizon demands his refund. But you should relate the "why" to your app, not to your personal emotion. I didn't see jaizon offend you personally.

@rasp, make love, not make war. Shall we?

I don't have any relation to jannis beside a customer of his apps (Adyton & DarkForce). Personally, I think he is one of a kind inventor. He thinks outside the box and he made a really unique apps. Now, regarding to Adyton. As I agree with most of people who already share about this app in top first page. The input is rather knacky one. I don't like it first, but I do like it afterward. If you perform it perfectly to an iPhone addict, you will be surprise to see their reaction.
rmecsw
View Profile
New user
new york
49 Posts

Profile of rmecsw
I would love to seek video performance of effect, otherwise, its too frustrating
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On May 11, 2015, rmecsw wrote:
I would love to seek video performance of effect, otherwise, its too frustrating

Quote:
On Dec 19, 2014, JannisGk wrote:
Hi Josh, Adyton has been on the App Store for only one week and we are working hard for a preview video trailer of the trick! I will post the video here when it will be ready! Till then you can have a sneak peek of Adyton here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oq3Pw6hqOY

The sneak peek is the video performance of this effect minus the spectator, though. But the way you perform to spectators is exactly the same with the sneak peek video. I hope I didn't confuse you.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
1555 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Yes, a real world live performance would be something to see, but......hahahahahahahah

You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Somebody once said that.
JannisGk
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of JannisGk
@rmecsw as @daniltan said ... "what you see.. is what you get". The performance is exactly the same! We have plans for videos in front of live audience and we are now working hard for Adyton 2.0 with some great add-ons on the original illusion! The update will be available for existing Adyton's owners too FREE of charge!
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Great news! Thanks for the update Smile
Peter Cai
View Profile
New user
China
31 Posts

Profile of Peter Cai
The effect is simple but amazing to me. There are thousands of ways to reveal a card with an IPhone, but you choose the most difficult way to do it. I tried 3 hours to practice it. 90% will success. But when I perform to the specs, 10% success. Because U should calculate everything exactly for the APP, you should keep calm(without any nervous) and keep your hand motionless to perform. One of my friends has to perform on the table to make it work. 😭
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Actually you can make it more easier by doing a multiple outs. You can check with the instructions: A-2-3-5-7-9-J-Q-K either with Spade, Club, Heart or Diamond. That's a 9x4 outs-- 36 outs of 52 cards. Not so bad right?