The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPealing or APPalling? :: IForce by Greg Rostami (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
Quote:
On 2010-01-01 03:21, ArtofDeception wrote:
I just used it at a party and used it to tell girls I knew what color underwear they were wearing=D they actually really enjoyed it and got a good laugh at it. I have so many ideas for this already.
LOVE it!

The next natural progression in this would be to use the arrow drawing where you can "control" the mind of your most favourite girl. I suppose you could tell them that it works because you're just so darned sensitive. Good luck with it!

jeff
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
That sounds interesting! This is clearly the best app going.

jeff
James Crosbie
View Profile
New user
London
33 Posts

Profile of James Crosbie
Just got the app today - maybe a little behind the rest?!... Still, a great app Greg! Have already started practicing it today, and thinking up lots of cheeky ideas.
Any idea when we'll have a working version with more than 8 possibilities? (yes, I'm admittedly an impatient person)..

Cheers,
James
Stefmagic
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Stefmagic
At 0.99$, it's a steal!
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4716 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
12 (or even 16) options would open up a whole new world of possibilities!
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2010-01-23 20:21, James Crosbie wrote:
Just got the app today - maybe a little behind the rest?!... Still, a great app Greg! Have already started practicing it today, and thinking up lots of cheeky ideas.
Any idea when we'll have a working version with more than 8 possibilities? (yes, I'm admittedly an impatient person)..

Cheers,
James

You can double it, just have them make two choice. E.g. Odd or even.. and you predict it right both times.

16 would be nice though, with the fake springboard only!
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Add my name to the list of the great impressed! What a steal! I'm using mine in conjunction with an eight out Koran style deck. The beauty there is that there only needs to be three of each force card interspersed with 'x' cards and four 'starters.' All the time I've performed it - I've spread the deck FACE UP and merely asked the spec to 'separate' the deck at any point. You know the rest. Thank you Greg!
natswift
View Profile
Regular user
Colorado
177 Posts

Profile of natswift
I haven't been on the Café for quite awhile; but had to put my two cents in...
This app is great! I carry my I-Pod Touch with me every day so this works perfect for me.
The app itself was very well thought out and with a little performance added to it; the perfect trick for the digital age!!

PS: I just downloaded rising card; I really like it too(because I'm a card lover) but IForce is way more versatile!
Never forget to dream!

Nathan Smith
nateswift2010@gmail.com
STM70
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of STM70
I know it has been said, but I will say it again. iForce is amazing. There are so many great ways to perform effects with this app. What I love about it is that the phone is not doing the magic, it's just a means of writing a prediction. The magician/mentalist is the one doing the mind reading. I also love how you can customize different presets. Greg this is a fantastic app. Well done, Sir.

Sean M.

P.S. I also can't wait for more than 8 outs. It will expand the possibilities.
avenger
View Profile
New user
China
34 Posts

Profile of avenger
This app is great!
Mauricio Jaramillo
View Profile
Elite user
Colombia
413 Posts

Profile of Mauricio Jaramillo
Just got this app today and wanted to say that it's absolutely wonderful. Having a lot of fun with it.
Ladd
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Ladd
So with the arrow prediction I guess you can't use method one or three because the process involved could look suspicious. Am I wrong? If you get what I'm saying can someone pm me?
theboywonder
View Profile
Loyal user
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
228 Posts

Profile of theboywonder
I agree that Greg gave you 3 options so that you could use the one that works best. For the arrow "prediction", method 2 is the best one for sure. For some tricks, you can repeat the effect using a different method to prevent people from backtracking. The possibilities are endless!!!
It would really be quite tragic
if the world had to do without magic!
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3279 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On 2009-10-26 19:28, Greg Rostami wrote:
Hi Philemon,

As Randy and I attempt to hide the Doodle part of iForce from the secret-seekers here is what we've done for you so far.

Randy convinced Apple to change the icon for iForce when you do a search for Doodle. It's REALLY amazing that Apple has agreed to help us with this matter since changing the icon goes against their App distribution policies. This tells me that somebody at Apple really like iForce also . . .

The icon change means when someone looks for "Doodle" on the App store, they will not see a "Doodle" icon; they will see a iForce icon. When this happened even I had a tough time spotting our program on the search list (and I made the iForce graphic).

This is only our first step. We have some other exciting news for our magician friends coming up regarding hiding "Doodle" from your audience . . .

stay tunned,
Greg Rostami

P.S. As we continue to help the magic community hide the secrets of iForce, could you also please do us a favor?

Write comments on the App store, rate iForce, comment on the videos on YouTube, post about iForce on other magic forums. Help Randy and I with this product so that we can continue to develop amazing magic Apps for the iPhone. As I've stated in a previous post . . . iForce was idea number THREE . . . wait until you see idea number ONE & TWO . . .

I think everyone needs to go rate Doodle! iForce needs to raise the price, then we can rate that. Win Win for everyone.
idomagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Denver, CO
255 Posts

Profile of idomagic
A good friend just taught me his routine with iForce, it includes predicting something different three times in a row. Amazingly, the effect just get's stronger each time. I'll ask him if I can post it.
Chad Wonder (Chad Wonder Magic, Inc)
Past President SAM 37/IBM 131 (Mile High Magicians)
www.idomagic.com
www.iDOMAGIC.dev
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2885 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Chad,
My interest is peaked . . . I would love to hear about this routine.

Greg Rostami
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
611 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Any interest in bringing iForce to the iPad?
Davy Davis
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Davy Davis
I'mm not sure I would use it on the iPad. A little large and clunky compared with my iTouch.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Perhaps an iPad version would be good for larger audiences.
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Doesn't the iPad run iTouch/iPhone applications in both the native (smaller) size and in full screen?

http://www.apple.com/ipad/app-store/

At least that's what the advertising hype says.