The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPS-alutely :: Apps using the Apple Watch (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I'm surprised to see that no one has yet taken advantage of the Apple Watch in their app. Or am I wrong? Are there any effects out there that use this new tool?

thanks,
Sean
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
I know Steve and Marc already post a photo of their apple watch app.
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
My guess is those who are in the Apple Watch club don't talk about being in the Apple Watch club.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1555 Posts

Profile of jaizon
I can't get my apple watch to stop screaming "HEY, LOOK AT ME, I'M AN APPLE SMART WATCH. NO FUNNY BUSINESS GOING ON HERE." Sigh. If it would only stop.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
I am hoping that TeleFoto will use the iWatch or Pebble or both.
Pebble is less expensive to buy for most magicians.

rvPhotocube figured out that a smart watch is perfect for these style effects.
Long Island,

New York
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
1555 Posts

Profile of jaizon
I wouldn't count on much from Greg. He promised Pebble support for RA last September, but keeps making excuses for why it has not been forthcoming to this day! Pathetic.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Hi Jaizon,

Maybe so...but, if the requests stays on top of the queue, he may get annoyed with the posts and actually allow his app to use iWatch or pebble.
The pebble can be programmed to do what he needs, I even posted links to help with the programming in the Café in the hope that implementation would be easy.

All we can do now is keep asking periodically and keep the requests high in this forum for maximum visibility Smile

Using the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus is too noisy and problematic unless the room is also noisy to cover the sound of the phone. That is why I want to use a smart watch (Pebble or iWatch).
Long Island,

New York
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
1555 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2015, Expertmagician wrote:
Hi Jaizon,

Maybe so...but, if the requests stays on top of the queue, he may get annoyed with the posts and actually allow his app to use iWatch or pebble.
The pebble can be programmed to do what he needs, I even posted links to help with the programming in the Café in the hope that implementation would be easy.

All we can do now is keep asking periodically and keep the requests high in this forum for maximum visibility Smile

Using the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus is too noisy and problematic unless the room is also noisy to cover the sound of the phone. That is why I want to use a smart watch (Pebble or iWatch).

Rostami clearly does not give a crap about keeping his promises and I am tired of chasing. I have bought several of his apps but I'm done. He will not respond to what many have asked for what he promised to deliver and has made excuses on the level of "my dog ate my homework.". Greg, you are a pro. Keep your word and your promises. In the meanwileI have taken my business elsewhere.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Yelling and screening in my opinion will not make any difference in making someone follow through.

Once he feels a need for the enhancement (For example, if Greg himself decides to upgrade to an iPhone 6), then we are likely to see software updates and features.
OR if he feels that he can make money from the extra feature.

If and when his sales slow down due to public awareness of the problem, then Greg's thought process may change.

Yelling and arguing will just make some people more stubborn, in my opinion.

That is why I will continue to make sure that the issue of the TeleFoto app being problematic in many situations, stays near the top of the Café Apps forum Smile Smile

As you can see, I was hoping to make the developers life easy:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=30
Long Island,

New York
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
I will never buy another rostami app. 25% of the apps I have from him work. Waste of money.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
1555 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2016, Magic Patrick wrote:
I will never buy another rostami app. 25% of the apps I have from him work. Waste of money.

yep. hahahahhah
James Mattox
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of James Mattox
I submitted an app to Apple that had Iwatch support and it was rejected with the reason "magic apps are not allowed on the Iwatch". We complained of course and asked for clarification and got a senior apple person on the phone who would. It really offer any more info other than it was a "business decision". It's frustrating of course because there don't offer any guidance about what they are concerned about. My suspicion is that they are concerned about someone exploiting a security loophole or something.

This was about 6 months ago. Apple recently released a new OS for their watch and we are going to submit the app again and see what happens.

But anyway, that may be why you don't see apps adding Iwatch support
TravisNye
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of TravisNye
I use a current built in feature with the watch. It has proven to be very effective and deceiving. One of my most memorable routines. Great for stage but also works in close up and walk around.
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of 13
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2016, TravisNye wrote:
I use a current built in feature with the watch. It has proven to be very effective and deceiving. One of my most memorable routines. Great for stage but also works in close up and walk around.

I would love to learn more.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1530 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2016, 13 wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2016, TravisNye wrote:

I would love to learn more.

Ditto 😀
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Hey all!

Menta-List 2.1.1 is in the App Store with a ton of new features.

A new marketing feature.
Several new pro features
Apple Watch and pebble support.

If you're a worker you WILL want this. Download it for free and check it out. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/menta-list/id854060973?mt=8

Best regards,
Max
BrainMagos
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of BrainMagos
Any other apps out there for Apple Watch please? The best so far is WikiTest.
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Tell A Photo and Menta-List
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
I just got an Apple Watch and I think there is some potential regarding the photo album feature. We could easily set up cribs on the watch OR use it as a reveal of some sort.

Mindbuster also has an app.

Does anyone know a way to use the Apple Watch to take a screenshot of the iPhone? I could use that for a routine.
BrainMagos
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of BrainMagos
Sorry Max but I really don't like the looks of Menta-List, it looks like a 1980 software (the aesthetics of it)...please update it to make it look more current.