The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPS-alutely :: MORPH - ProMystic Releases Their First App! (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
ProMystic has just released their first APP - and it is a beauty!

Introducing MORPH http://www.promystic.com/morph.html

Most of us are familiar by now with the kind of state of the art technology and ground breaking advancements developed by our friend Craig Filcetti at ProMystic.

Some weeks ago I was given a delicious taste of one of ProMystic's coolest new releases... an incredibly cool new app that utilized state of the art "Augmented Reality" technolgy. Since then I have been playing and performing with it, and it typically elicits gasps and fantastic responses from spectators. What is augmented reality? For spectators it is a kind of mind trip - a bending and blending of reality in the palm of their hands - a mixture of the real (their hand) with an object with crystal clarity that changes from one thing to another.

The spectator can move their hand up or down, left or right - and the tracking of the AR creates a perfect real time illusion.

Craig shared with me that his new ProMystic "Morph" app (which is available now for both iPhone and Android for $8.00) is something completely different coming from ProMystic - basically a quite unique "magic trick" (actually I would call it a magic trip) using a sophisticated program that you can carry with you all the time.

Once the Morph app is installed, it places an extra camera icon on your iPhone screen. Once activated the camera works like your regular camera - but when the camera focuses in on one of the Jokers, the real card literally melts and morphs into another card - the card the spectator previously chose. Give the phone a little shake ... and voila, the card disappears and the real joker is now back on the screen.

This type of Augmented Reality tech required quite a bit of development & processing power. Craig said other big companies had looked at it but moved away due to the cost of development. Craig's new release is just lovely.

Here is the ad copy:

With the ProMystic Morph app, you can make any joker from Theory 11 (Monarchs), Ellusionist (Artifice), Blue Crown or Promystic (pre-purchased) come to life!!

Simply force a card and then open the camera like app. Point the camera view at the cards and watch the card come to life with Augmented Reality.

From Wikipedia:

Augmented reality (AR) is a live, direct or indirect, view of a physical, real-world environment whose elements are augmented (or supplemented) by computer-generated sensory input such as sound, video, graphics or GPS data. It is related to a more general concept called mediated reality, in which a view of reality is modified (possibly even diminished rather than augmented) by a computer. As a result, the technology functions by enhancing one’s current perception of reality.

Augmentation is conventionally in real-time and in semantic context with environmental elements, such as sports scores on TV during a match. With the help of advanced AR technology (e.g. adding computer vision and object recognition) the information about the surrounding real world of the user becomes interactive and digitally manipulable. Artificial information about the environment and its objects can be overlaid on the real world

I think that many Magician's could take Morph beyond just a simple card change.

MORPH is simply dynamite. Highly recommended!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Just a quick clarification:

The app is available separately at the Apple/Android app stores for $9.99

The $8.00 I mentioned is for the special ProMystic set of cards which includes the special jokers which work with the app. The cards have standard Bike backs. And as explained on the PM site, certain Theory 11 and Ellusionist & Blue Crown card sets.

Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/promysti......886?mt=8

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai......sticmorp
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
541 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
Better use this link for android:

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai......ticmorph
Forgive me any language mistakes.

I'm Dutch.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Nicely done, Brett!
Sammy J. Teague
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Doesn't Aurasma essentially do this? It's free. Maybe a demo will help?
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Ok sorry just saw the demo. The animation is definitely nicer.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-07-10 19:58, DynaMix wrote:
Doesn't Aurasma essentially do this? It's free. Maybe a demo will help?

Funny you should ask - I don't think it is quite so simple.

I asked the exact same question to Craig recently. He stated that Aurasma and similar software does not do this nearly as perfectly - and is much fussier about lighting conditions etc.

From Craig posted today on Latest & Greatest:

Quote:
On 2013-07-10 13:30, craig filicetti wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for all the comments.

Morph works with the ProMsytic Joker and some Jokers you may already have including Theory 11 (Monarchs), Ellusionist (Artifice), and Blue Crown. If you buy the ProMsytic Joker you will be able to perform with a red bike deck. We were not able to make it work with a bike joker at this time.

I love AR technology and learned a lot about AR developing this product. Lighting, angles, phone platforms, and a few other things can all be issues. I was not sold on the reliability of the technology for real performance conditions until we found a 'commercial grade' developer. Not inexpensive, but we found one.

As with all ProMystic products I do not put my name on it unless I feel it can live up to real performance conditions. Unlike several technologies that we evaluated, this app will work in some extreme lighting and angle situations on many platforms including iphone and android. It is by far the best that I have found.

As far as the effect goes, it does entertain. It is very visual, something I strive for in nearly all of my magic routines. I love having it as a bonus effect in my deck ready at all times. If you add some creativity like in the video saysold1 did, it can be amazing! Very nice video Saysold1, thanks for that. I'm working on a way to add it to my card to lemon routine Smile

My FAVORITE feature is using my phones built in screen capture utility to take a picture during the Morph and emailing the picture to the spectator/client. Nice way to build your email list.

I hope you enjoy it,
-Craig
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4551 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I can't wait to start using it, I am gonna be picking up a blue crown deck on my way to Vancouver on the weekend.
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of drjohn
OK

Just bought the app and am now choosing which deck to buy the odd thing is the argmented reality only works with the joker from promystic??? it aligns perfectly and works with any image found of this joker online.

Now as soon as you use any of the other jokers the image appears but is slightly larger than the card itself......thats not good? any thoughts anyone....
May your darkness come quickly
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
The best test Is not using a computer image but an actual card in someone's hand. The image should adjust and move perfectly while keeping the hand in view.

Best to hold cards by sides and never let the spectator put fingers in front of a card.

Testing on the computer doesn't accurately depict the perfection of using real jokers.

Pick your favorite cards - they should all be optimized and work well.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4551 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2013-07-11 13:03, saysold1 wrote:
The best test Is not using a computer image but an actual card in someone's hand. The image should adjust and move perfectly while keeping the hand in view.

Best to hold cards by sides and never let the spectator put fingers in front of a card.

Testing on the computer doesn't accurately depict the perfection of using real jokers.

Pick your favorite cards - they should all be optimized and work well.
Agreed, with doing it on your computer screen it will not work anywhere as well as in reall life, you have all those moving pixels on the computer. If you look at Saysold1's video, it looks better than just using an online image.
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1002 Posts

Profile of NFW
Nice vid. Brett...
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
495 Posts

Profile of GordonTheHypnotist
I don't own this but I imagine with a bit of d**bl* S***k t*p* and a d**bl* l**t with a tad of misdirection you could set the phone on top of the deck and then pick it up having the card physically change as well as the augmented reality change.
Gullibility is an attractive quality in people
Dark Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
My troops are stationed at
272 Posts

Profile of Dark Knight
Here's my challenge: Incorporate Morph into a wonderful routine with Masuda's WOW! For example, demonstrate Morph as an amazing technological special effect and then perform WOW as a magical way to duplicate the special effect without camera trickery.

OR: Have two cards selected (only one--the WOW 6H--need be forced). The freely selected card (say AS) is signed and replaced onto the Morph Joker and both brought to the top of the deck. (The forced 6H need not be controlled as it is not ever used again!) DL and show the Joker on top of the deck. Use camera phone to change it into the 6H. Spectator sees that change is just an illusion, but perform DL and remove actual signed card (AS) and insert it into WOW sleeve, setting the gimmick to show a 6H. Show how the apparent Joker in the card frame now actually has morphed into the 6H! But now for the amazing climax: The 6H visibly morphs into the second spectator's signed card, which is removed and handed to her to keep!

Think about how you might bring Ed Marlo's great three card trick, "Surprised Again" (from Off The Top) into the 21st Century.

The above is just "off the top" of my head. I'm sure with a little more thought you could combine Craig's app and Masuda's magical gimmick into a wonderful card entertainment.

"Cardially yours,"
DK
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Well done on this Craig. Great work as with just about all your releases Smile
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Got this and gave it the usual wife test, she thought it wasnt very good, I worked last night and afterwards did a little close up at the bar, I did Morph on a group and when I finished they obviously talked about it because I was inundated with people coming over and asking to see the trick where the card changed. Unfortunately I could only repeat it twice for obvious reasons, but the reaction it got really surprised me.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-07-20 20:34, george1953 wrote:
Got this and gave it the usual wife test, she thought it wasnt very good, I worked last night and afterwards did a little close up at the bar, I did Morph on a group and when I finished they obviously talked about it because I was inundated with people coming over and asking to see the trick where the card changed. Unfortunately I could only repeat it twice for obvious reasons, but the reaction it got really surprised me.

Interesting - thanks for the review George!

In actual real world (non-wife) testing I get very strong reactions with this as long as it is used as more than just one joker changing into another card - I think Morph demands an actual routine and perhaps combining with some easy card sleights. How did you perform it at the bar George?
craig filicetti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Arizona
550 Posts

Profile of craig filicetti
Thanks for the comments,

I've been getting similar emails as well. "Surprisingly strong" and "they were very entertained....great value".

I agree with saysold1, combined with a control, DL, switch it is great! Just check out his video.

Thanks,
-Craig
ProMystic - Professional Systems For Mentalists
<BR>www.promystic.com
lil_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of lil_magic
Does this work with regular bicycle jokers?