The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPS-alutely :: IPredict+ 2.0 (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2882 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Chuck,

I just answered your question with a PM.

cheers,
Greg Rostami

P.S. You can always Skype me at "gregrostami"
ChuckB
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of ChuckB
Thanks Greg. I guess I've proven it's not idiot-proof! lol
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2882 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
IPredict+ is now available for Android OS.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai.......android

I know many of my non iPhone friends on Android devices have been waiting for this one.

enjoy,
Greg Rostami
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
Yeah! Great news Greg!
One question : Does it work outside the USA and will the answering message (text&voice) always be in english?
Thank you!
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2882 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi cosmicsecret,

iPredict+'s phone numbers are still in the US. We are looking into an international solution that's cost effective.

There are five problems that I'm facing with an international iPredict+ solution:

1. Unfortunately, the app market thinks an app is TOO expensive if it's $0.99 or above. When I tell people my app is $2.99 they reply "WOW . . . why SO EXPENSIVE . . . why isn't it free?"
2. The magic market is VERY small.
3. Acquiring phone numbers from every major country in the World is VERY expensive.
4. Setting up iPredict+'s technology to work with those numbers (both voice and text) is VERY difficult.
5. Recording messages in all of the major languages is also difficult and expensive (just ask Max Krause).

iPredict+ sells for $2.99. Apple or Google keep $0.89 leaving us with $2.10. That $2.10 has to be split 3 ways between Randy and I and theory11.
For the people that are using iPredict+ in the US, it's a MIRACLE that they can use such an amazing service for a one time cost of $2.99!!

Given ALL of the above problems, I still have an international solution that I can't wait to share with you. We are working on this solution as I type this.

This solution has several amazing features that will elevate iPredict+ to the Ultimate level.

All I can tell you is . . . It's not gonna be $2.99 . . . think MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE!!!

stay tuned,
Greg Rostami

P.S. iForce doesn't have any of these problems . . .
Jim Mullen
View Profile
Veteran user
Lake Tahoe, California
351 Posts

Profile of Jim Mullen
Recently I performed iPredict in a building that had poor AT&T phone coverage. As we were in a loud bar area, I was using the text message option. We waited for a response from Christen, but nothing came even though the outbound message seemed to have gone. I ad libbed that Christen was probably talking with Tom Cruise or maybe John Revolting. Finally, I handed my iPhone to the spectator and suggested that she step outside to get a better reception. She did so and then returned about two minutes later, screaming that Christen had named her card. The effect was a huge success. And this was especially gratifying to me because I thought the whole thing was going to be a flop.

It's a great trick.
Jim Mullen

Lake Tahoe
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2882 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Thank you very much Jim.

If you ever have problems with the text message, remember that you can always fall back on using the phone (voicemail).

cheers,
Greg Rostami
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2882 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
IPredict+ Tip #5:

Here's a video performance of this tip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oghSX4EhE6c#t=04m39s

As always introduce Christen as your friend or psychic.
Have your spectators shuffle the cards. When you retreive the cards peek at the bottom card.

Activate that card in iPredict+ and have your spectator dial the telephone number of Christen on their phone . . . but don't hit send.

Now simply do a bottom force of the bottom card, and have your spectator immediately hit send/call on their phone.

With this performance the spectator thinks they dialed Christen's number BEFORE they selected a card from a SHUFFLED deck of cards.

Greg Rostami
neomaster
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of neomaster
I like iForce, I think I'm gonna like ipredict also
Will keep waiting until you find solution for International Edition.
cheeky
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of cheeky
Yup a Solution for International Edition is wanted!
MAOmagic
View Profile
New user
Columbus
97 Posts

Profile of MAOmagic
Any chance this is getting updated for iPhone 5? And how soon? My phone gets in tomorrow and I won't like not being able to use my go to effect!
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2882 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi,

I just got back from a trade show tonight.

Randy and I have already talked about the changes that we must do to make iForce and iPredict+ compatible with the iPhone 5.

I think we'll be done pretty quickly. I would say expect to see something in 3 weeks.

Greg Rostami
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
861 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Quote:
On 2012-07-10 03:56, Greg Rostami wrote:

iPredict+ sells for $2.99. Apple or Google keep $0.89 leaving us with $2.10. That $2.10 has to be split 3 ways between Randy and I and theory11.
For the people that are using iPredict+ in the US, it's a MIRACLE that they can use such an amazing service for a one time cost of $2.99!!

I agree 100%. Very sad. If there was a better profit margin I believe we would have more solid choices for magic apps. There are only a handful of apps that are truly useful for professionals and hobbyists, this being one of them. Too many others are throw away effects marketed to the entire customer base.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
MAOmagic
View Profile
New user
Columbus
97 Posts

Profile of MAOmagic
Fantastic! Just updated iPredict+ for the my beautiful new iPhone 5! Looks great Greg! Can't wait for the new iForce as well!
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2882 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi MAO . . .

You beat me to the post.

YES,

The latest version of iPredict+ is now available for download.

This version is compatible with iOS6 as well as the new Retina display of the iPhone 5.

Sorry if this version was a little behind schedule. We've been so busy with so many apps.

Magic on . . .
Greg Rostami
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2882 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Chris,

I completely agree with you.

Based on how popular iPredict Pro is I think I have found a way to be more profitable with professional magic apps.

I think the magic community is very sophisticated. They recognize a powerful utility when they see it. And, they are willing to pay a higher price for a quality product.

I hope iPredict Pro will pave the way for other app developers to introduce State of the Art professional products for the magic market.

all the best,
Greg Rostami
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2882 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hello friends,

If you're one of my existing customers of iPredict+, you probably just received a push notification announcing a new psychic . . .

Murray the Dead Magician

Murray was once a great magician.
His untimely passing happened while performing at a children's birthday party on June 6th 2006.
This has left him a very bitter spirit.
His voicemail is still on to this day.
What's scary is; he's still performing magic from beyond the grave.

Call his number and he will tell you what card someone is thinking of. Talk about creepy!

This is freaky magic that happens on your friend's own phone. Your friend can call Murray again to share your performance with others!

If your friend decides to text Murray, he will reply in a spooky way, the selected card.

The phone call or text message looks completely real - because it IS completely real!
Standard phone and text message rates may apply.

So, if you want to perform iPredict+ with a scary/spooky edge, then $0.99 for Murray the Dead Magician is your ticket.

cheers,
Greg Rostami

Click here to view attached image.
RSteele
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of RSteele
Another one I have to get...
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1255 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I have been performing with both of these for about a year now. They are, by far, the best magic phone apps I own hands down. The reactions from spectators have been far stronger since I memorized the map and began performing without training mode. Spectators are completely blown away with no preconceived notions of a possible method. The phone call from their own personal cell phone is what really seals the deal. A pleasure to own and perform and comes highly recommended. Very underpriced in my professional opinion.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2882 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Thank you very much Richard.

I'm glad you like it.

If you ever want to customize EVERYTHING about iPredict+ you can do that with iPredict Pro.

Smile

Greg