The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPS-alutely :: MORPH - ProMystic Releases Their First App! (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-09-28 14:37, Number One wrote:
I have just purchased this on Android.

I can't see and difference between Morph 1 & Morph 2.

Can someone explain.

It would also be nice to morph to a normal 7H / 3C i.e. not scorched.

So that the chosen card is identical to the morph card.

Mike

I don't think that is likely in terms of a non-scorched card.

What I tell people is that the card they see on their phone is like a dream - not reality. I can tell you in performance not once has anyone cared one little iota - what they care about is whether it is the card they chose.

There is a difference between the morphs - Morph 1 is like concentric overlapping circles changing into the card. Morph 2 is a teeny bit longer with more of a melting edges/fire effect. The 3D is an extra I have never tried or bought.

The key to doing this is not to just morph a card but to create a small routine for it... and the scorched card should not be an issue as it is augmented reality.

Give the phone a shake to get rid of the morph image. Gets a nice response.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Number One
View Profile
Regular user
Mike J Kelly
164 Posts

Profile of Number One
Hi, saysold1,

Thanks, I did find the different morphing prior to your response.

I think the 3D morph would be more logical if you talk about burning a card as used in some card games like pontoon / blackjack.

I don't use the 'shake' to remove the morph if the effect is done in my own hand, I turn over the card to show the back then turn over again to show the joker has returned.

It's a pity that a normal face card is not available.

Mike
Smile Guess which hand the frog is in.
Razamabaz
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Razamabaz
I bought the 3D version as well as the 1 and 2 that comes with it. In the 3D version the selected card appears out of a mass of flames. That could explain the scorched card. Just my thoughts.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-10-02 08:41, Razamabaz wrote:
I bought the 3D version as well as the 1 and 2 that comes with it. In the 3D version the selected card appears out of a mass of flames. That could explain the scorched card. Just my thoughts.

Exactly.

Only Craig could answer but the aged cards may have added some necessary texture and background differentiation - ?

If the judgement of an effect is in how the audience likes and perceives it - then to me Morph is a home run.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
jesse_james_mcguire
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jesse_james_mcguire
Just open your morph app before you perform it.. The spectator will assume its the camera app.. No reason to over prove.. Anything. Remember when you can make a spectator fill in the gaps or assume something they are already 90% down the golden path.
ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Inner circle
India
1084 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
How it differs from AURASMA
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-10-09 01:23, ursmagicbalu wrote:
How it differs from AURASMA

Huge difference - Aurasma does not track smoothy from what I have seen.

This is a custom app - and highly recommended.

Craig is well aware of Aurasma from what I recall him telling me...and passed on it because it was not smooth.
charlie_d
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of charlie_d
The app is excellent. I love the (extra) 3d transition, and the flames explain away the 'scorched' card. It looks great if they angle it away from themselves a little, to get the full 3d flame effect.
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
576 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
Lay people aren't likely to even notice the "scorched" style of the cards, I wouldn't worry about putting in an explanation for it, it'll just muddy the presentation. Though I do wonder why they didn't give the choice to use a more conventional looking card style, that should have been in the setup options IMO.

- suggested improvement for the next version would be to be able to press the camera icon on the screen and actually take a photo (with the animation still applied), then you could instantly email that to your contact who you just did it for. You can do this by taking a screen-shot (on iPhone press the power button and home button at the same time) but it's a bit awkward.

I paid for the additional animation but didn't think too much of it, I use the second one. It looks like a modern series Doctor Who regeneration ...
Foxlute
View Profile
Regular user
UK
148 Posts

Profile of Foxlute
I asked this in Secret Sessions but got virtually no response. What can one do with the other cards in the set? There are three rider back cards, one joker for use with the basic routine and two with the burnt f***e cards on them plus a double backer with joker one side and one of the burnt f***e cards on the other. Any ideas? Anyone?

(There's also a joker with a mandolin back but it's obvious why that is supplied.)
tony diss
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of tony diss
Is this still avalable? I can’t find it at http://www.promystic.com/morph.html or on the promystic site.
tony diss
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of tony diss
I found it. Disregard my previous post.
tony diss
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of tony diss
Been having fun with this app. Is there a place to discuss different
routines someplace?
AJ MAJIC
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of AJ MAJIC
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2014, tony diss wrote:
I found it. Disregard my previous post.

Found it where? I cant find Morph on ProMystics site ? Craigs cards that is.
tony diss
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of tony diss
You have to buy the app for your phone. I got the cards from penguin magic. I do wish their would have been some instructions with the cards. Or maybe a link to a place where people could discuss routines.
AJ MAJIC
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of AJ MAJIC
Found the cards, thanks Smile
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1530 Posts

Profile of rowland
Is anyone else having problems with this, I have an iPhone 6 on iOS 8.02 and the camera shutter picture just sort of flickers or sort of looks like it's vibrating but never actually opens so it can focus. I tried a reset and reloaded the app but still the same.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1530 Posts

Profile of rowland
The trouble is it still doesn't work with the new iPhones Smile
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1530 Posts

Profile of rowland
I sent Craig a message today and as always his service is great, all I had to do was delete the app and now it works with the latest iOS and my iPhone 6. Very happy Smile cheers Craig.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4824 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I have not got the type of cards to use with this effect,I am interested in purchasing and my question is, will a printed copy of the joker work till I get the cards ,just want an idea of how it look's for real I have AR and love that one and it came with a print out template ,so just wondering if I scanned a picture up of the card it would work and I could mess about with it while waiting,sorry to repeat myself,lol,all the best.