The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPS-alutely :: IPredict+ 2.0 (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2883 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
WOW Mike,

I didn't know about that. Thank you so much for sharing that with us. I'm gonna have to check out Textfree Voice + VM from pinger.com

I'm glad you're having fun with iPredict+

all the best,
Greg Rostami
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2883 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
IPredict+ Tip #1:

Since you can change the psychic's contact . . . try changing them to a famous magician.

I prefer Teller, but you might like Penn, David Copperfield, David Blaine, Cyril, Lu Chen, Dynamo, that other guy, etc.

Keep in mind, with iPredict+ you're TEXT messaging the psychic. Hence the sex of the psychic is unknown (in the previous version the psychic had to be female because of the voice).

This works specially great with Teller, since he doesn't speak.

all the best,
Greg Rostami

Click here to view attached image.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2883 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
IPredict+ Tip #2:

We learned in Tip #1 that because of the text message nature of iPredict+, your psychic friend can be ANYONE.

Change Christen's contact to that of one of your friends at a party/social gathering. You could include a photo of your friend in the contact but if you're in a rush, you can leave the photo blank.

"My friend Mary and I have a supernatural connection. Mary, could you please go to the other room. One of us will be texting you a question in a little while."

Your friend Mary goes to the farthest room in the house.

"Here's Mary's contact. On this paper, write any number between 1 and 75, but before you do, your text message is always going to be 'What am I thinking?' I say this so you won't accuse us of using a secret code."

They write 21.

"Will you please text Mary on your phone 'What am I thinking?'".
After about 30 seconds Mary responds with "You're thinking of 21"!!!

When Mary returns to the room she asks, "Was I right?"
I answer "YES, How did you know it was 21?!"

cheers,
Greg Rostami
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2883 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
IPredict+ Tip #3:

Here's a tip that will help you with the opposite sex.

If you've been doing some magic at a social event, ask the object of your affection (her/him) to help you with the next trick. Let's say her name is Linda.

Before you start, tell Linda to play along. The only thing she has to do is wait for a minute in the other room (or farther away in a big room/club/bar). When she returns she should say "Did you get my text message? Was I right?"

As with the above two tips, change Christen's name to Linda. Tell everyone how you've noticed Linda's amazing psychic powers.

Have Linda leave the room, have a card or number selected. Have someone text Linda. "Please text Linda for me, but promise me to delete her number right away to respect her privacy." ;-)

Once Linda texts the correct response, ask Linda to return to the room.

When she returns she'll say "Did you get my text message? Was I right?"

You respond with a powerful "YES!" and start a round of applause for her.

This will make Linda feel super special, it will include her in your magic and finish your performance with the spotlight on her (and she still won't know how you did it).

For my single friends,
Greg Rostami
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2883 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
There's a great performance of iPredict for Shin Lim at the theory11 studios in Las Vegas.

Check it out:
http://media.theory11.com/6435-Raw-iPredict-Performance

let me know what you think,
Greg Rostami
jassu
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of jassu
The Old Version,it makes call that you must pay for it. I don't have an Iphone,can I use this trick with Ipod Touch too ?
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2883 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Yes jassu,

iPredict+ works with your iPod Touch. In fact it's even BETTER when you perform it on your Touch because it forces your spectator to use their own phone.

cheers,
Greg Rostami
jassu
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of jassu
But I live in germany.. Is this wirkungsvoll Herr also?
jassu
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of jassu
But I live in germany.. Is this wirkungsvoll Herr also?
jassu
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of jassu
Is this working here in Germany also ? Sorry for Doublepost,because written wrong !
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2883 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
No jassu,

There are no German phone numbers for iPredict+. The numbers are only in the US.

Greg Rostami
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2883 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Smile ST. PATRICK'S WEEK SPECIAL! 70% OFF iPredict+ Smile

That makes iPredict+ only $2.99

Now is the perfect time to pick up your copy.

Here's what one reviewer said about iPredict+

"iPredict+ is the PERFECT trick!
My definition of a perfect tricks is:
Easy to do, always with you, looks completely natural (no geek magic apps or props or cards), and STRONG effect.
iPredict delivers on all counts!"

cheers,
Greg Rostami
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2883 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
IPredict+ Tip #4:

If you're at an event with a friend that has iPredict+ on their phone:

Have your friend change the name of his psychic (Christen) to YOUR name (Greg Rostami).

After you've performed a few tricks, end with a GRAND finally psychic effect.

Leave the room and have your friend ask your audience to pick a card/number.

Have someone text "YOU". "Please text Greg for me, but promise me to delete his number right away to respect his privacy." ;-)

If you're far away in a big room, turn your back to your audience, show them you have your phone, and pretend to receive and reply to their text message.

When you return you'll say "Did you get my text message?"

You friend responds with a powerful "YES!" and starts a round of applause for YOU.

This performance puts you in the spotlight.

Greg Rostami
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
I know you mentioned this can be used on the Touch, but can I also use it on the iPad2?

Thanks!

RevJohn
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2883 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi RevJohn,

You can use iPredict+ on an iPad2 . . . the problem is the fake "Contacts" app will NOT look like the iPad2's native "Contacts" app . . . it will look like an iPhone/iPod Touch.

Like iForce, iPredict+ was designed to fit in your pocket.

sorry,
Greg Rostami
Jim Mullen
View Profile
Veteran user
Lake Tahoe, California
351 Posts

Profile of Jim Mullen
Greg,

I just started working with iPredict+ using a marked deck, and I’m getting great audience reaction—they are amazed. It is a great trick.

Being in the computer software business myself, I appreciate your tireless efforts in maintaining the code for multiple operating systems, multiple countries, and multiple releases. Little things go wrong in software products, and it is difficult and not entirely cost effective to provide comprehensive maintenance for multi-platform products that cost less than $10. With this in mind, I think our community of magicians needs to understand that everything cannot be perfect in these apps and that we will have to invent work-arounds when new releases may be a bit late in arriving.

In view of the above, I can live with the apparent bug I discovered in your current release of iPredict+ for the iPhone 3G. Nevertheless, I think you will want to know about the problem: When using the “passcode on launch” feature, the option works correctly on its first use, but it fails on the second and later uses. In these later uses, the fake “iPredict+ Stock Prediction App” screen comes up, but it is unresponsive to touching the lower left white box and does not launch the Settings page. It is not affecting the fun and excitement that the trick is providing for my audiences, but I thought you would want to know about it.

Finally, I love your new feature that shows the selected card in the address field. This prevents embarrassing mistakes. However, in recovering from such mistakes, what do you recommend as the most graceful procedure?

Congratulations on a great product for the magic community.

Jim Mullen
Tahoe City, California
Jim Mullen

Lake Tahoe
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Jim,

When I enter the wrong card and need to recover, I engage the audience for several more seconds and then as I'm talking to them hit the "Facetime" button which will allow you to reset your entry. Give it a try and you'll know what I mean.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Jim Mullen
View Profile
Veteran user
Lake Tahoe, California
351 Posts

Profile of Jim Mullen
Steven,

Thanks. I now see that this is covered in the instructions. It works well.

Jim
Jim Mullen

Lake Tahoe
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2883 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Jim,

I'm glad you're having fun with iPredict+.

Steven, thank you very much for chiming in and answering Jim's question.

Thank you for bringing that bug to my attention. I'll look into it immediately. This is a bug that only applies to older iOS (like an iPhone 3G).

If you had a newer iOS then that feature works fine.

all the best brother,
Greg Rostami
ChuckB
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of ChuckB
Greg,
I tried using my iPredict+ this week, and the phone call generated a "google voice subscriber is not available" message and doesn't appear to be working. Not sure what happened.