The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Food for thought :: Expertise among professional magicians: an interview study (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16556 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
funsway
View Profile
Eternal Order
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
10001 Posts

Profile of funsway
Read that years ago - quite enlightening
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Unless it's politics. That is a long article I was surprised to see such a long serious paper about magic. I'll probably read it again. I'm not sure it got into the "why does it exist...what psychological needs does it fulfill in the audience to have survived so long, etc. How did you find this article?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16556 Posts

Profile of tommy
It seems to be about becoming a professional magician when one leaves school. I am not sure but the research article seems to be for the education of teachers - teachers who need to give career advice to those students who say they want to become magicians.

The article might be more useful to amateurs, thinking of turning professional, than to professionals who already know the score. As an amateur myself, I found it interesting.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
My uncle was in education but also an amateur magician (who got me started) but he way very against trying to do magic full time which I really didn't understand at the time. Probably made me want to do it more.