The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Something to help you brainstorm online (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I just added something to my site that I've found helpful when talking to other magicians and getting help or brainstorming ideas while on line. It's a chat room but you can also draw you ideas to each other right on the board. Other members can add to, edit or save this image for later use too.

I just find it very helpful so I figured I'd put it on my site and make it available.

Click here to check it out

I hope someone finds it as useful as I have. I just got done using it with a friend of mine who is across the country and we came up with a new illusion together. Take a couple minutes to get use to it but I hope you like it.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
Nice, tried it, good stuff.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I'm still working it all out and I've learned a lot more. I'll be able to make it look better. have more features and private drawing chat. That means you can be in the chat but you can share a drawing with just the person you are talking with or the drawing can be seen and edited by the entire group.

I also plan to have some pre drawn images you'll be able to place in there. For example if you are discussing a card move you'll find an image of that "grip" and be able to just edit it to fit your needs. Or maybe a table to represent a large illusion base. Just thinking out loud here.

If I'm there as a moderator I'll be able to shut off the "clear" mode. This gives me an idea of a group brainstorm. Maybe a basic picture is there of the concept to be discussed. Then members of the discussion can alter the drawing as they discuss it. For example one person says, "What about this idea" and draws it out. Then the alteration can be deleted or added to as the discussion goes on.

It'll take a while to make it better for a large group but I'm working on it. People involved will have to establish some courtesy to make it work right now. If it proves useful or fun I'll see where it goes.

Until then I hope someone has fun with it and perhaps find it useful. If you're ever talking to another magician about a trick or prop and can't quite explain it. Feel free to stop in there and see if a simple drawing will help.

Ron Jaxon

I just did a lot of changing to it. It works more like a paint program now and the Chat room opens in a new window.

I also added some basic designs such as a stage, deck of cards and so forth. This will act as a starting point for some magic drawings to help describe your thoughts to other magicians. You can also save yor drawings now.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Man I tell you. This has been a big help to me lately. I recently got in contact with an old magician friend who moved away from my area. I haven't talked to him in a few years. We where the kind of magician friends who often brainstormed magic ideas.

Out of the blue I got an Email from him a couple of weeks ago. I sent him the link to this drawing board as he was trying to describe a gimmick he had an idea for. He drew it out. I added my ideas to it. It turned out to be a very good and workable gimmick.

Since then we've gone back and used the drawing board quite a few times. I hope it prooves useful to other magicians.

Ron Jaxon