The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Selbits Sawing in Half are there. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Plans available. and if so which is a good one to get. Don,
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7674 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
John Gaughan's and Wellington are both very nice. I think Bill Smith might make one also.

The key to this is the presentation. Pacing is very important.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Farrell
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Farrell
Are you talking about the wakeling/selbit... or selbit sawing... becase the selbit sawing if you remeber wasn't separated. the Horace Golding sawing was the first to be separated.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I'm talking about anyone. that I can get plans for.
Bill Blagg III
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of Bill Blagg III
Hey Don,

I have one that we started to build that I'd be willing to sell you. I can send you photos of it to date if you'd like. It's made out of Quarter Sawn Oak (high quality), which looks wonderful. The table is complete and laminated with black formica, the swords are complete, the boxes are done with the doors cut, but you'll need door hardware. We even have the aluminum legs. Everything is there except the leather strapping. It's a nice piece that I decided not to pursue for my show. If you'd like it and want to make me an offer for it, it's yours. Let me know.

-Bill
magic-taylor
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of magic-taylor
There are plans for the Wakling/Selbit sawing in Jim Steinmeyers book "The Magic of Alan Wakling." I believe the book is out of print, hoever, it is well worth the investment if you find a copy.
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
It's not out of print and and can be purchased at Jim's website.

http://www.jimsteinmeyer.com
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
There are a lot of great things in that book. It's well worth the money! I am in the middle of building the Spirits Return illusion and it is working out great. I am also going to be using a variation of the Flitter Girl idea.

Richard
PaxMentis
View Profile
Loyal user
Long Beach, CA
239 Posts

Profile of PaxMentis
The Donster,

What part of the world do you live in? If it's near Los Angeles, I would be willing to share some innovative improvements that were made to the detachment mechanism of the Wakling/Selbit.

Pax Mentis
Do not go where the path may lead, but go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Pax Mentis I'm in Wisconsin.