The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Trick with a T shirt (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
abbylondon
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of abbylondon
I'd like to put a trick with a t-shirt in my kid's show. Does anyone know of a good manipulation you can do to "transform" a T-shirt into another shirt? Other than just sticking it in a change bag or other device.
MaGiShN46
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of MaGiShN46
Some magic shops (well mine at least) have T-shirts that have a patter with it and you can do a trick with it!

If that's what your looking for?
mrj
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
68 Posts

Profile of mrj
Dan Harlan has trick on his All Purpose Stand Up show video (I think) where he produces golf balls, tees, and a golf club, from a black bag. Then the bag itself is transformed into a t-shirt.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
He also has one on his mentalism show involving a t-shirt that really rocks!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
bloodyjack
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle WA
343 Posts

Profile of bloodyjack
Tenyo have a forcing T-shirt
"sir i sent you half the kidne i took from one woman prasarved it for you tother piece i fried and ate it was very nise i may send you the bloody knif that took it out if you only wate a whil longer"
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Could you explain that?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I don't think the Harlan bag is very deceptive. It's a cute transition, but not good magic. The bag doesn't really look like a bag so much as a big lump of cloth. It's fine for a cute revelation, but not if you want a surprising and strong magic effect.

Have you thought about a large change bag, or any kind of livestock vanish? If it's big enought for a small rabbit, it'll work with a t-shirt.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
If anyone is still looking go to thelearnedpig.com and look for advertisement for 'shirt happens'
The Magic Ref
View Profile
Veteran user
Flint, Mi.
303 Posts

Profile of The Magic Ref
I had a routein that was published in MUM. It was in Steve's "Family Fun" column. I went to Old Navy and bought 2 T-shirts. One was xxl and the other was super small,like a kids size 4 or something. When I open my kids show, I would put the super size one on the couch or over a chair in the back of the room. I would ask to borrow something and look around. Casually ask if I could borrow that T shirt> I would hold it up and they will laugh because it was so big etc.. I then put it in a mirror box to vanish it. It would not vanish and then I pulled it out and it was the super small one. Ton's of laughs and you can play this a lot of different ways. If anyone wants the artical just IM me and I'll fax it to you or something.
Be Young...Have Fun!
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Hey, Ref:

That's a cute idea! I can see that one getting a lot of laughs and by-play; thanks for the input Smile

Leland
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5727 Posts

Profile of Regan
Ref, that is a nice idea. I remember reading that routine in MUM.

Regan
Mister Mystery
The Magic Ref
View Profile
Veteran user
Flint, Mi.
303 Posts

Profile of The Magic Ref
Smile
Be Young...Have Fun!
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Eleazar Goodenough has a "torn and Restored" tissue paper shirt effect in his book "Tear-Able Magic" (on my site). It's item 10 in the book. The shirt he uses is a Hawaiian Beach Shirt, but by leaving off the collar and making it an over the head shirt, it could easily become a T-shirt. You'd have to put it on carefully or make it out of the same material used for paper hospital clothes.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Like a "Steinmeyer Clock" printed on the T-Shirt?

-Bryan
camikesrd
View Profile
Regular user
Richmond,Virginia
103 Posts

Profile of camikesrd
For Magic Ref..And the rest of you.

Reading about your T=shirt idea brought this to mind.

Since you have a mirror box make another but make it look

like a washing machine. Take your xxxl shirt and make it

look dirty. Tell them you bring along your washing machine

along in case your shirt gets dirty bringing in your

stuff, Ask them what you use cold or hot water. Pre

show tell a couple of kids to yell hot water. Ask all the

kids to help you make machine running noises. Of course

the shirt shrinks and then you can get some more comedy

trying to put it on, arm through the head hole trying to

pull the rest over your head bumping into thr table. Another

thought, gaff the small shirt up likr a soft soap silk and

do it in a box of soap flakes, pour in water with a milk pitcher.

Check Rice's enc. Silk Magic for Soft Soap..........Mike
The Magic Ref
View Profile
Veteran user
Flint, Mi.
303 Posts

Profile of The Magic Ref
The washing machine thing is a good idea! I actually use this as my "Warm Up". As I explain to the kids I will need their help for the show, and tell them the magic word, like Abra-Bannana or whatever. I explain they will need to yell the magic word loud to make the magic happen. I ask for help and they yell, it doesn't vanish it shrinks. Then I explain that that was pretty good but they have to do better. This time they really yell ABRA-BANNANA and it vanishes. I say great job you did it, now that's how you need to yell for the rest of the show.
Be Young...Have Fun!
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
There is a washing machine prop already on the Market called the wacky washer that does just that.... Dealers description:Its a funny wacky washer. Yes, now you can do the laundry while you are doing your magic show.the children will love to watch you do your socks. Put them in... Turn the loud crank... Take them out and they have shrunk! Then they become shredded...then they change color... it's crazy!

I have not seen this trick in person So I can not give you a review on it however It sounds interesting and I am sure it can be converted to use A T'shirt
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com